Leonard Needs to Come Back to Edmonton, AB

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Literature_Chick

Leonard Needs to Come Back to Edmonton, AB

Post by Literature_Chick » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:26 am

The last time I saw Leonard Cohen in Edmonton, Alberta was perhaps 1992/93. Good god almighty, anyone with a brain, anyone with a sense of literary genius or appreciation craves him in his hinterland homeland.

I left and went to Ottawa for almost a decade thinking (though obviously not my sole purpose, blah hahaha) the so called capital would eventually call him home, and no, with the exception of a brief appearance as a pall bearer for Pierre E. Trudeau's funeral. Great Scott.

Leonard. Canadians love you. Come home. Come home often. For the love of god and for the love of University students (which I'm not anymore) come the f' home more often.

Not that's it's all about us.

Do what you have to do.

Just know that you are loved, you are honored, validated, appreciated, and viewed as a "Great Canadian" because you just are who you are, through no other virture but by simply being you and being able to communicate.
st theresa

Post by st theresa » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:10 pm

Amen , amen, aaaamen, amen amen. :o
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:06 pm

... and an American "Amen!!!" to a Canadian ~ about a Canadian! So sincerely, well, and earnestly said, Literature_Chick 8) .

Welcome to the Forum :D .

~ Lizzy
davideo

EDMONTON-HOCKEY!

Post by davideo » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:30 am

Ya, Mr. Cohen- and there's a whole lotta shakin' goin' on in Edmonton in less than 2 days- Saturday, June 17, 2006- Stanley Cup showdown between Carolina Hurricanes and the Edmonton Oilers! War of the Worlds!
Nothing real can be threatened.
Nothing unreal exists.
Herein lies the peace of God.
"A Course in Miracles"
http://members.shaw.ca/clatwood/
davideo

edmonton oilers, carolina hurricanes

Post by davideo » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:15 am

I don't think Mr. Cohen made it to the game in Edmonton, but a whole lot of happy fans got to see Edmonton tie the series at 3 games to 3. So, for the few of you interested in hockey history, the deciding, final game for '05-'06 will occur on Monday in Raleigh, Carolina early evening, Eastern Time. What a remarkable series. Edmonton was down 3 games to 1, but has pulled up Its socks. I don't think anyone has ever won the Stanley Cup after having been behind 3 -1.

(later edit: Oops- Carolina wins! 7th game. Was an excellent series.)
Last edited by davideo on Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing real can be threatened.
Nothing unreal exists.
Herein lies the peace of God.
"A Course in Miracles"
http://members.shaw.ca/clatwood/
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:20 pm

Congratulations, Edmonton 8) !!! I don't follow hockey, nor any sports really, but have tuned in at various junctures and gotten just as excited ~ I know how phenomenal this kind of comeback can be in basketball, baseball, and football :shock: . This one had to be breathtaking :D !

~ Lizzy

Return to “Comments & Questions”