Art print costs.

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
danslenoir

Art print costs.

Post by danslenoir »

Hi folks.

Does anyone have any idea how much approximately Cohen's fine art prints retail for (official website only states price on request)?

http://www.leonardcohenfineart.com/contact.html

Guessing they probably vary from one artwork to the next, but a rough ballpark would be great.
Mabeanie1

Re: Art print costs.

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Why not just make an enquiry about the print you're interested in? That way you'll know for sure. The prices do vary enormously depending on size, availability and territory. Sometimes a local gallery will have older prints at an earlier price but that just depends what, if anything, they have in stock. Some prints will be signed, others will bear the stamp of the estate (very few signed prints were held in stock because they were generally signed to order). In general terms you are talking £1,000s, some more £1,000s than others. They were never cheap but the prices did seem to go up sharply after Leonard died, as I found out to my cost when I realised it was time to buy the print I had always coveted but thought too expensive. I doubt if I was the only one and I know for sure I was in competition with another buyer for one particular signed print.

Wendy
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir »

Eeeep - OK perhaps I'll have to park that idea.

I'm not a huge fan of Cohen's art in general, but do quite like the piece used for the cover of Book of Longing. Guessing that is probably one of the more in-demand prints and likely to be at the higher end of the price range beyond what I could reasonably justify spending!
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

danslenoir wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:11 am Eeeep - OK perhaps I'll have to park that idea.

I'm not a huge fan of Cohen's art in general, but do quite like the piece used for the cover of Book of Longing. Guessing that is probably one of the more in-demand prints and likely to be at the higher end of the price range beyond what I could reasonably justify spending!
It’s one of the smaller prints so likely one of the cheaper(!) ones. I’ve never enquired about the little bird.

W

Return to “Comments & Questions”