I have a few questions I want to ask

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Celena

I have a few questions I want to ask

Postby Celena » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:53 am

Dont ask me how he came up with this sordid little plan, but my little baby wanted to invite Leonard over for Shabbat dinner when he comes to Boston in December. I told him, "Dylan, I am sure Mr. Cohen has other plans that night and, seriously, I am sure he has lots of friends that he wants to see in the city." Well, my son wouldn't accept that tepid response, for he is just a baby. "Waaah" he cried, or maybe inquired. "Waaahh, Waah Waaah, Waaah." I, having no answer for that, laid out a plan. "Alright Dylan," I said. "I will go on to the leonardcohenforum website and invite the man over - and tempt him with the best challah this side of the Lower East Side"

So - there you have it. Mr. Cohen - my son (and my wife and I) look forward to seeing you in Boston, we will save you a seat.
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: I have a few questions I want to ask

Postby jarkko » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:10 am

Welcome to the Forum Celena.
Leonard Cohen died in November 2016.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
harald

Postby harald » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:46 pm

Yes, welcome Celena. Quite an inventive introduction of yourself, compliments.
Somehow reminded me of Paul Auster. Are you Paul Auster?
Anyhow I happily accept your invitation and look forward to interesting discussions with Dylan, waaah.
Now what exactly were your few questions?
Sincerely, a friend.
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
holydove

Postby holydove » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:45 am

Hello,Celena. Your baby has come up with a very clever little plan - not sordid at all - as he has obviously perceived that Mr. Cohen loves Shabbat dinners & he loves challah, & he greatly enjoys the company of crying babies too. In fact, I clearly remember a recording of a concert which Leonard gave sometime in the '70's, where a mother attempted to remove her crying baby from the concert, so as not to disturb the audience, & Leonard begged her, saying, "Don't take that baby away, please don't take that baby away"...Perhaps Dylan was at that concert, & that's how he knows of Leonard's great affection for wailing (or inquiring) babies...

And so, I had no doubt that your kind invitation would be absolutely irresistible, & I'm glad to see that Leonard has already happily replied to you. I also see that you knew there was no need to give him your address, because he will surely be able to read your address by the moon...

Thank you for your very delightful post!
vlcoats

Postby vlcoats » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:07 am

Welcome Celena ;-)
I am new also, so I will (of course) have no answers to your questions, but I would like to hear them all the same! Maybe they will answer some of my own, right?
Harold asked if you are Paul Auster. I am not sure what that means.... but it begs me to ask.... who shall we say is calling?
Vickie

Return to “Comments & Questions”