Signed poster/print

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Red Poppy

Signed poster/print

Post by Red Poppy »

Hi,
A very long shot. I'm trying to track down a signed poster of one of Leonard's prints. I bought two at the exhibition in Manchester a number of years back but have given both as presents in the meantime. Now I'm trying to find an unframed one for a particularly special occasion. Any ideas, leads, suggestions - all welcome. Thank you
John
lizzytysh

Re: Signed poster/print

Post by lizzytysh »

Hoping you find another one, Red Poppy... meanwhile, it's so GREAT to see you! It's been so long, unless you've been hanging out in other threads all this time!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Hi John

Are you looking for one of the signed (and very expensive) artwork prints, or are you looking for one of the posters advertising the exhibition? Either way, the best thing would be to contact the gallery. The artworks are still available and, if Richard Goodall can't get the one you want, there are plenty of other galleries around the world who have held the exhibition more recently who will be able to help you.

http://www.richardgoodallgallery.com/co ... -c-10.html

If it's one of the (cheap but unsigned) posters you want, the gallery is still the place to go. (I think there was a choice of 2 - The End of the Day or It Was the Hat.) They still had them available long after the exhibition, probably as recently as a couple of years ago so they may still have some. You have nothing to lose anyway by calling them and asking.

Hope that helps.

Wendy
Red Poppy

Post by Red Poppy »

Hi Lizzy - no I've been away for quite some time and thanks for the kind words.
Wendy - many thanks for the lead - coincidentally, I'd been in touch with the R.G. Gallery and they do have a few signed posters in stock, which is what I was looking for - so good news on that front and many thanks for your help.
John
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Excellent. That's great news and it led to a quick hello and wishing you well in the interim 8)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
margaret

Post by margaret »

Glad you are able to get one from the Manchester gallery. I still have a spare one (The Hat) but it's not signed.

Margaret
Red Poppy

Post by Red Poppy »

Thanks Margaret for that - yes the Manchester one is signed - though the value of the signature has gone up in the intervening years !!!! :)

Return to “Comments & Questions”