An Experiment with Time

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
hydriot

An Experiment with Time

Post by hydriot »

Anyone who has read Dune's persuasive An Experiment with Time will be interested in this.

In the early hours of this morning (about 0700 GMT Tuesday 2 July) I had a rather weird dream. In the dream I knew that a friend's ex-wife (who in reality I have not seen for a decade) had previously told me she had bought tickets for my adult daughter and myself to go to one of Leonard's concerts scheduled for tomorrow 3 July. In the dream she sheepishly revealed that in fact she had not bought tickets but merely placed our names on a waiting-list and so therefore we would not be able to go to the concert after all. I was so angry I threw a chair at her but fortunately missed.

Over breakfast, I told this dream to my adult daughter, and we had a good laugh. This evening I learned that a few hours after this dream, AEG announced the cancellation and rescheduling of two concerts.

Coincidence, or forward dreaming?
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
Tchocolatl

Re: An Experiment with Time

Post by Tchocolatl »

I do believe that brains are communicating with wavelength or the like - really communicating at distance in some way or another. This kind of communication seems to work better when consciousness is not at its maximum like in meditation, trance, sleep. The language of the subconscious being images and symbols, you may have caught the information that was "in the air" while sleeping.
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I agree with Tchoc on this, hydriot.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
seadove

Post by seadove »

There is a concience and a sub-concience.

Maybe earlier on, being that Hydriot's home is so "LC" oriented this came up in Hydriot's dream (not her daughter's). But I am maintaining that the cancellations (and postponement) of two concerts were purely conincidental. I can't believe that there is any involvement with wave lengths. Next thing you'll hear some scientists discover channels (AM or FM) from what they think or dream, or stuff like this. Ha ha! :lol:
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

seadove wrote:There is a concience and a sub-concience.

Maybe earlier on, being that Hydriot's home is so "LC" oriented this came up in Hydriot's dream (not her daughter's). But I am maintaining that the cancellations (and postponement) of two concerts were purely conincidental. I can't believe that there is any involvement with wave lengths. Next thing you'll hear some scientists discover channels (AM or FM) from what they think or dream, or stuff like this. Ha ha! :lol:
Conincidentally. Where is the Jazz Police when we need it. Doing the lezard under the sun, probably. Sorry Seadove, you are my personal entity for my personal Jew persecution. :lol:
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers

Return to “Comments & Questions”