The birds they Tweeted at break of day...

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
HelenOE

The birds they Tweeted at break of day...

Post by HelenOE »

I keep finding fun mentions of Mr. Cohen on Twitter, and they don't all fit into the He's Still Got It topic. So.
Escucho Leonard Cohen con los ojos cerrados en el subte. Es maravilloso. Hasta que entra el que toca la quena.
I'm listening to Leonard Cohen with my eyes closed on the subway. It's wonderful. Until the guy playing the quena gets on.
Edited to add: quena
HelenOE

Re: The birds they Tweeted at break of day...

Post by HelenOE »

Si estás preso y tenes suerte puede que Johnny Cash te de un concierto. Si estás loco y tenes suerte puede que lo haga Leonard Cohen.
If you're in jail and you're lucky, Johnny Cash might do a concert for you. If you're crazy and you're lucky, Leonard Cohen might do it.
(this one must have been in circulation for quite some time)
HelenOE

Post by HelenOE »

Horas del día para escuchar a Leonard Cohen y otras para cantar a Leonard Cohen.
Times of day for listening to Leonard Cohen and others for singing to Leonard Cohen.
A thread of light, a particle, a wave... #LeonardCohen, dormir con vos es hermoso.
A thread of light, a particle, a wave... #LeonardCohen, sleeping with you is beautiful.
Mis amigas de fb enamoradas de el @EPN a mí no se me hace ni tantito guapo, para cueros Leonard Cohen :3
My FB friends are in love with @EPN he's not the least bit good-looking to me, Leonard Cohen for nakedness. :3
Athnuachan

Post by Athnuachan »

Those of us who enjoy tweeting can find these easily on Twitter.
Question:
Do those who don't tweet really want tweets all over the Cohen forum?
Just wondering ...
Ring the bells that still can ring...
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

As for me, Helen, I love reading them. They're definitely Leonard-related, so why not? They go fast and many are fun and delightful. Others are touching. Not full-scale reviews, so having them here vs. the News section definitely works.

I'm interested in the Johnny Cash, etc. one. Was Tweeting even around when Johnny was still alive? From that one, I get the sense that someone may have read Sylvie's book and then commented in the present tense for both, since Leonard's performing in the mental institution was eons ago.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
HelenOE

Post by HelenOE »

Unless there's just a massive outcry against it, I'll keep bringing the tweets but I will promise to confine the ones that are not concert-related to the two topics I started. Then anyone can skip them who's so inclined. Excuse me now, I found one this morning that belongs over in He's Still Got It...

edited to add: Lizzy, I just checked. Twitter was started up 3 years after Johnny Cash passed away in 2003. And of course both Johnny's Folsom Prison concert and Leonard's in the mental hospital were very long ago. But it shows what kind of people they were and are. We're the lucky ones.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks for following up on that, Helen.
Yes, we are the lucky ones.
Wish I'd seen Johnny, as well... the same as I want to see Willie.
In the meantime, if it ends up as having seen Leonard without Willie, I'll still be happy.

Doubt you'll get an outcry, much less a massive one ;-) .
~ Oscar Wilde
HelenOE

Post by HelenOE »

24m
No se puede envejecer más dignamente que Leonard Cohen. He dicho
It is not possible to grow old with more dignity than Leonard Cohen. I have spoken.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Love that last one. So true.
~ Oscar Wilde
HelenOE

Post by HelenOE »

And here's one (actually a two-Tweet conversation) that Mr. Cohen would be quite willing to agree is not true:
@Panchovarona
Es muy aconsejable viajar por carretera mientras escuchas en los auriculares "Waiting for the miracle" a toda hostia.
Cohen es dios.

‏@niribar41m
@Panchovarona sin duda, si hay Dios es Leonard Cohen
@Panchovarona
It's very advisable to travel down the highway while you listen to "Waiting for the miracle" really f---ing loud with the earbuds. Cohen is god.

@niribar41m
@Panchovarona no doubt, if there's a God he's Leonard Cohen
Leonard seems to be missing Spain on this trip, but when he gets there, I think he'll find a good number of younger people in the audience. 8)
HelenOE

Post by HelenOE »

I need a Leonard Cohen injection of big picture and big love
iPod on shuffle and who comes on and makes me cry? None other than Mr. Leonard Cohen. "Joan of Arc". Track it down and listen to brilliance.
Ahh 'Take this Waltz' just came on shuffle. Leonard Cohen's voice and Lorquian imagery, yes please
I don't see how people can say Leonard Cohen is depressing? The first thing I do when I'm playing a Leoanrd Cohen record is smile
HelenOE

Post by HelenOE »

No se pero me siento tan bien cada vez que escucho Famous blue raincoat - Leonard Cohen.
I don't know, but I feel so good every time I hear Famous Blue Raincoat-- Leonard Cohen
Discovered Leonard Cohen yesterday and now it's cheering me up this Monday morning :)
HelenOE

Post by HelenOE »

Palabras textuales de mi madre: No sé para que te gastaste dinero en nada, además el de Leonard Cohen ya lo tengo en vinilo. TE QUIERO MAMÁ!
My mother's exact words: I don't know why you spent money on nothing, besides, I already have the Leonard Cohen on vinyl. I LOVE YOU MOM!
HelenD

Post by HelenD »

Keep these coming Helen. I love them and I don't do Twitter.
HelenOE

Post by HelenOE »

Thank you for the encouragement, O my namesake.

Return to “Comments & Questions”