A big bravo to Marie & jarkko

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
lizzytysh

Re: A big bravo to Marie & jarkko

Post by lizzytysh » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:35 am

Ha. Looking for that "Like" button again, sbreen. I don't think Jarkko would even want to try to calculate the number of hours... impossible! Marie, too.

Great that you're going from New Zealand to Ireland!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
sbreen

Post by sbreen » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:25 am

I realise I'm incredibly lucky to be able to.

I still hope to see a show (or more) in NZ in the near future - but I couldn't risk everything on 'hope'.

If a southern tour happens I will consider myself luckier than a 1st division lotto winner.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:29 am

good plan... world tour means world tour... but there are many parts of the world.
being that far south isn't like being in europe... so why take a chance.
double winner is better than no win at all
~ Oscar Wilde
hydriot

Post by hydriot » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:54 pm

I don't think Leonard would want anyone excluded, whatever their motives.

And those who dance, begin to dance
Those who weep begin
And "Welcome, welcome" cries a voice
"Let all my guests come in."

I am one of the pre-2008 gang ... and I only joined in order to correct some minor misunderstandings about Hydra. Still here (though not so active) after all these years...
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:38 pm

And those who dance, begin to dance
Those who weep begin
And "Welcome, welcome" cries a voice
"Let all my guests come in."

Right on!
~ Oscar Wilde
denise knowles

Post by denise knowles » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:59 pm

For my first 40yrs as an LC fan, I thought I were in the wilderness, someone even brought me a cup, with "The last Leonard Cohen Fan " written on it, even when I went to see him in 1993, I did not know anyone else, even though I did buy the, Intensity Mag and Jim Devlin news letter, there were no talk of meeting up. before or after the concert. Only when I came into the 21st century by buying a laptop in 2010, That the whole LC world opened up to me.
So this is my Thank You to Jarkko and the members of the forum, for bring me into the fold. :D
Denise.
sbreen

Post by sbreen » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:54 am

My experiences too. I discovered Leonard Cohen (album and poetry) in my first year at university, (42 years ago now). Then. as a teenager, it seemed quite 'daring' and 'underground' to be reading and listening to such sensual language. :o)

I was so surprised at the numbers attending the concerts when he toured NZ twice during the last tour.

I knew I wasn't his only NZ fan - but we must have all been keeping our enthusiasm for the-man-and-his-music close to our chests - until the tour was announced.

Again, I was excited,if surprised, when his latest album made it to #1 here.

This is such an incredible site to visit, knowing so many others are also on their own Leonard Cohen journey.
merton

Post by merton » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi,
Many thanks Vicomte for putting this post out to the wider community and to sbreen for the following:
sbreen wrote:This is such an incredible site to visit, knowing so many others are also on their own Leonard Cohen journey.
It's been a magical, manic and wonderful last few Cohen years and profound thanks to all all at the Forum for providing inspiration, insight, humour, news and a community. Many thanks Marie and Jarrko.

All the best,
Merton

Return to “Comments & Questions”