Leonard Cohen - The Complete Columbia Albums Collection

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
yael

Leonard Cohen - The Complete Columbia Albums Collection

Post by yael » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:01 pm

Hello to all,
I'm also new here, but leonard cohen songs are quite sold to me :)
Anyway, wanted to ask about the "Leonard Cohen - The Complete Columbia Albums Collection", is it sold out on the site?
If so, is there a chance new stock will be on sell again?

Thank you,
yael
Last edited by yael on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mutti

Re: Leonard Cohen - The Complete Columbia Albums Collection

Post by mutti » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:44 pm

Good question. I am also interested in knowing if there will be more on sale somewhere as missed my chance to buy them.
I kept putting it off.
Thanks
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...

Post by 264811403188 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:05 pm

I'm also looking for the box set but can't find it anywhere. It definitely hasn't been on amazon/uk where I usually purchase my music and books. I hope somebody can tell us more, please.
GMKarsten
Goldin

Post by Goldin » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:12 pm

As far as I know, the box set was available exclusively at Sony stores (MyPlay Direct and Pop Market). And now it's out of stock.
Roman aka Hermitage Prisoner
helplesshelpless

Post by helplesshelpless » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:31 am

Hi all, I just joined this thing.

As for The Complete Columbia Albums, who knows what's happening. I ordered it when it was still available. It was in stock when I ordered off of Cohen's US store. I bundled it in a deal along with Old Ideas and the Lithograph. Then, the day Old Ideas was released and the Complete Albums disappeared as an item for sale, my order stated it was temporarily changed to 'item temporarily backordered.' So, I've essentially paid for it but I'm still waiting. Very frustrating. As it was to be sent along with the other items, Sony says they won't send out anything until the Complete Albums is received from the manufacturer. I've asked them about five times when they expect it in but all I get is the standard reply that it will be shipped as soon as they receive it. I wouldn't be surprised if my order is simply cancelled without notice in a few months after so much waiting.

Has anyone else who ordered it been told it's backordered?
MaryB

Post by MaryB » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:15 pm

helplesshelpless,

I had posted this earlier;

Procrastination finally worked in my favor. I kept scouring the web for a great bargain price. Did I want the package, LP, CD, and litho or any other combination thereof???? The litho - did I want to pay that price.... I wanted the Columbia Studio boxset also. Then eureka! On MyPlay, a package of the boxset, the new CD and litho for $156.99 including S&H. Ordered on 1-5. I was hoping that by ordering this package and them showing that the set would ship in 2-3 days, would they make an exception and send the CD and litho as well. Wait, wait, wait.....still showing 2-3 days a week later and a week later.... Do I run to my local record store to pick up the new product on the 28th? No need - the whole package was delivered here on Monday, 1-27. Only case in my life where putting something off worked to my advantage.

I guess I was one of the lucky. Hope you get yours soon! Welcome to the forum!

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:32 pm

According to their website, Amazon Canada still has it in stock. It's the Complete Studio Albums set, the live albums aren't included.

http://www.amazon.ca/Complete-Studio-Al ... 126&sr=1-1

Mary
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
helplesshelpless

Post by helplesshelpless » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:43 pm

Thanks Mary,

Positive words and encouraging. Perhaps I just need to be a bit more patient. However, it worries me when Sony says they have no idea when (and no guarantees if) they'll be able to send out my order. Actually I originally ordered the same date as you back at the beginning of January, but my darn credit card company denied authorization. Found out late, so I ordered it again but on the 24th. I guess they were out of stock at that point even though it was still for sale. Will wait and see, but I really really hope it comes soon.

Cheers and hope you're enjoying the wonderful set.

Stephen

Return to “Comments & Questions”