Would you pay to meet and greet Leonard Cohen?!

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Vicomte

Re: Would you pay to meet and greet Leonard Cohen?!

Post by Vicomte » Fri May 27, 2011 5:51 pm

OK, Wendy, you concentrate on the album release date and name of said album, I will make discreet enquiries at to, when, if, maybe, possibly, the tour might start :lol: ;-)
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty » Fri May 27, 2011 6:20 pm

I think Jarkko has found an effective way to turn the subject of this thread ;-) :lol: Am intrigued and and as always will wait with patience...
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl » Fri May 27, 2011 7:59 pm

I would like to add that if Leonard were following this thread, he would surely underline the theme expressed in song by Forum members ( and Leonard himself for a few lines!) before the start of second set in Las Vegas:

Talk of love not hate...
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....
sometimes happy, sometimes blue"

Leonard from Montreal
Last edited by leonardmtl on Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
gallina

Post by gallina » Sat May 28, 2011 1:09 am

Marsha said:

"I feel the management made a mistake by giving passes to a forum member for them to hand out per their discretion. The meet and greet
should have included all active forum members or none at all."

I agree!
2009 Budapest
2010 Zagreb, Gothenburg, Florence, St. Margarethen, Bratislava, Las Vegas x2

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2012 Ghent x5, Helsinki, Dublin x2, Verona
2013 Roma, Lucca, Vienna, London
2015 Viladrau
pironi

Post by pironi » Sat May 28, 2011 8:38 am

after all Las Vegas was supposed to be his last concert.
Is it OK to read between the lines here? We are waiting with open arms :shock: :shock: :shock: ;-)
Pietro.
Actually

Post by Actually » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:26 am

joyezekiel wrote:NO! NO! NO! The whole idea makes me cringe. We go to Leonard's concerts to listen to him..... he is an artist, not a prostitute.

Joy
My thoughts exactly!

As I told some people already, (and I know that it sounds just like a made-up story out of jealousy or worse :D), when I was waiting in front of a venue in 2009, I saw him getting out of a car just a few meters away and although there were only two or three other people around, who went there to get some things signed, and LC seemed to be really friendly to them, I didn't go there. I can't really say why, but I didn't. Therefore I think, if there was a "next time", I wouldn't walk up to him either.
Maybe if I met him in the supermarket - to discuss the perfect color of watermelons or the perfect number of plies of toilet paper 8)
over-to-u-leonard

Post by over-to-u-leonard » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:04 pm

I would (of course) love the chance to pay “extra” in order to “meet and greet” our master, Leonard Cohen! The experience would be such, that I am sure it would even prolong my life by so many years – Needless to say, this would be money well spent!

In addition, I exercise, drive my car, and eat, to Leonard Cohen. This gentle man is 'pure' and outstanding - bravo!

Return to “Comments & Questions”