Leonard, smoking..and me

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
lizzytysh

Re: Leonard, smoking..and me

Post by lizzytysh »

Ohhhhh... that brings back memories, seadove ~ from long before I ever considered picking up a cigarette 8) .

Thanks for posting a path down memory lane.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
denise knowles

Post by denise knowles »

Wish I could give up the weed, good day's I have a couple, Bad day's 10, But the reason for this post is my grandson age 7yrs this month, is also called Arlo after the great Arlo Guthrie, and I were wondering why your daughter/son came up with the great name. ? (",)
Andrew McGeever

Post by Andrew McGeever »

Dear Seadove,
thanks for the lyrics: the template of my life.
Wornoutcowboy, your post is instructive, informative, and bloody welcome.
B4Real, thanks for the links....good material here ;-) .
Lizzy, as aye, thanks for the support.
Right now I'm on patches; descending from 21mg to 14 mg of nicotine. The new regime kicks in this weekend .
I will keep the faith. I DON'T WANT TO SMOKE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

Yours, "so far, so good",

Andrew.

P.S. I won't kill for one moment of the instant hit, that gorgeous suck....that's all in the past.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Just be certain you don't smoke atop the patches! I knew someone once who did that, only to learn they were at least DOUBLING Their intake of nicotine... a quicker way to suicide :? .

Yes... I felt the same as you do about Wornoutcowboy's post. Was so happy to see it and thought how THAT post would be one you could/would surely resonate with.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
gijsq

Post by gijsq »

stopped smoking to day, it 's my x-attemp
i've tried in my way to be free
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Well congratulations gijsq! I know it is extremely difficult. Glad to hear that you are still holding strong Andrew!!!!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
gijsq

Post by gijsq »

second day, my head exploses
i've tried in my way to be free
Andrew McGeever

Post by Andrew McGeever »

I'm not sure how to reply to a head exploding experience.
What I can say is that I wanted a cigarette today, at half -past-one post meridiem. ( 1330 GMT).
I didn't have it.
Yes, after all the "good work" I've done, it still draws me back, and always will.
"If it be my will, I'll smoke no more"....... :?

NOT an easy day, yet the Spring sun poured warmth and gentle rain on everyone walking up Bath Street at half-past-six this morning.I invited myself into this congregation of glory. There were some smokers present. I know, for I firstly observed their motions, then sucked them all inside my mind.

There are more important things going on.....smoking , surely, isn't one of them.

If HE can do it, then so can I.

Andrew.

Return to “Comments & Questions”