Leonard`s bracelet

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
sturgess66

Re: Leonard`s bracelet

Postby sturgess66 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:52 am

LisaLCFan wrote:Rather than selling a bracelet with Catholic images on it, the merch stands could sell one with pictures of Leonard and the band on it (or just Leonard, alternating with his various symbols). Now, THAT, I would wear!
Great idea - with the magnetic hematite beads!
Would sell well on the online site I'm sure. :D :D
LEONKA

Postby LEONKA » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:40 am

I totally agree. I am with the bracelet even to sleep and it certainly will be a beautiful dream :lol: .
lorcamaria

Postby lorcamaria » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:08 am

bridger15 wrote:
rpan wrote:Where did this bracelet come from.... well who knows ..
NEeMA bracelet.JPG
.. this is a photo that caught my eye of NEeMA wearing what looks to me like a pretty similar bracelet in the publicity for her album
Good catch, rpan. I was at NEeMA's superb gig in LA last night. I asked her about the bracelet she was wearing, which I noticed when she was autographing her new CD. She told me, Leonard gave it to her.
---Arlene

Hotel Cafe, Feb 23, 2010

Bridger15, wow, what a lovely gift from Leonard. I wish I had received the privelage of first of all meeeting him, talking with him and being touched by this charismatic man.

How lovely that he gave a Catholic bracelet as a gift, and of course, me being Catholic, this would have made the bracelet more precious to me.

Padre Pio is on this bracelet,http://www.ewtn.com/padrepio/man/biography.htm and whether or not one believes in the miracle of the Stigmata that he is alleged to have received, one cannot deny that this was indeed a great man worthy of being given the title of Saint.
Also Our Lady is on the bracelet and to Catholics, she is treasured second to Christ.

I wonder why Leonard had this bracelet? But whatever the reason, I am glad he held it in his hand, and that he had the wisdom and foresight to give it to a Catholic believer.

Although the bracelet is very Kitch, this makes it more beautiful to me. It would have not cost a lot of money which means that the poor could afford it. This is rich indeed!

I am not just jumping on the bandwagon here, but I truly ADORE Leonard Cohen. He is Jewish, he is a man who embraces all cultures and religion. Dare I say it, I personally believe he is a Holy man in a different way to how Holy men are generally seen. His humility and honesty and kindness say so much more than even his wonderfula and beatiful underlining of his lyrics and music.
His passion and Love far outweigh his sin - he claims his profession is 'sinner' on a video I saw.

Enough, adulation! He is not God, but he certainly is a Child of His.

Maria
Maria

Ring the bell that still can ring, forget your perfect offering,
There is a crack in everything, that's how the Light gets in.
lorcamaria

Postby lorcamaria » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:10 am

Maria

Ring the bell that still can ring, forget your perfect offering,
There is a crack in everything, that's how the Light gets in.
friscogrl

Postby friscogrl » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:23 am

I am watching the World Series and just noticed that Tim Linecum the 26 year old pitcher for the Giants is wearing a bracelet just like Leonard's.

M
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:27 pm

Did anyone spot whether Leonard was wearing his bracelet after the European tour? I didn't spot it in Perth, Oakland or Vegas - though I have to confess that it wasn't foremost in my mind at those shows.

Wendy
B4real

Postby B4real » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:27 pm

Hi Wendy,
Check out the Brisbane concert report - I saw and took a photo from the front row of him wearing it there. :)
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23564&start=15#p256248

and at the Sydney concert -
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23578&start=60#p257107

and in Auckland NZ -
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23427&start=60#p255322

I haven't noticed him wearing it at any other concert over here. Definitely not wearing it at Hanging Rock.

Bev
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:41 am

B4real wrote:I haven't noticed him wearing it at any other concert over here. Definitely not wearing it at Hanging Rock.

Bev
Thanks Bev! Maybe the bracelet broke?!

Wendy
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:04 am

A VERY Happy Birthday to you, Wendy!!

~ Lizzy
xoxox
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
majmunka

Postby majmunka » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:47 am

Aloevera wrote: When I met Leonard in Marseilles, I asked him could I look at his bracelet: he said yes. So I lifted his wrist and rubbed the icons of the saints. "It's a cheap Catholic bracelet I bought in Nashville, it cost $2", he said. "Was it in the store down near the river?" I asked, "that's the one", he said.
Paula
Hi Paula,
your first hand information is invaluable so I would like to ask for more (if you don't mind).
There are bracelets like this made of either wood, metal or stone. The one on NeeMA's wrist looks like wood for me. How was the one you were so lucky to be able to touch? :)

Eva

Return to “Comments & Questions”