Leonard's thoughts on Jesus

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
IMM

Re: Leonard's thoughts on Jesus

Post by IMM »

Somehow I just can't buy the fact that Leonard Cohen said all these words about Jesus.
Leonard Cohen is not Christian
Last I heard, neither was Jesus. What some claim as the first christian church (James et. al.) was also Judaic - bearing little resemblance to what is currently referred to as christian.
seadove

Post by seadove »

In short, we must not sit here and listen to rumors that Leonard is dishing around about Jesus. For a start he was not a sailor.

;-)
seadove

Post by seadove »

Oh gosh. I'm so bored. :(
Baronvonpoet

Post by Baronvonpoet »

Leonard became a Christian a long time ago. Before Greece. Not just him but his mother and other Jews of his generation starting at in the 1880 in Russia, Ukraine, etc. It started with the Haskala. The Jewish enlightment. Sure he fell away and got involved in drugs and experimented with different philosophies but in the end if you pay attention to his poetry and music he came back to the roots of his parents and ancestors which is true Judaism and not that bullshit Orthodox rabbinical nonsense that got hijacked by fake Jews from Babylon. Oh and he was my cousin so I have First hand knowledge. But we do not call ourselves Christians. We call ourselves believers or Talmidim in Hebrew or Aramaic. Sometimes they call us Messianic Jews but that is also not quite correct. our religion got hijacked by fake rabbis since only the Levites and the Kohens specifically, can make the rules in Judaism as it is stated over and over in the Torah and the Bible. it's not like he did not leave a million clues and in his interviews and actions and songs and behavior. Most gentiles don't understand one iota of the Bible but if one actually read the New testament correctly it says that Jesus whom we call Yahshua what's both a Cohen and from the House of David which qualified him to change some of the rules being both King and priest according to the law and according to the covenant that is eternal that God made with the house of Levi and the House of David, specifically covenants that stand outside of the other covenant with Israel hence why Leonard Cohen words I have so much power and authority behind them. And he did know where the good songs came from but he wasn't really allowed to tell anyone except for his son and grandson. after all, that is that is the commandant.
peter danielsen

Post by peter danielsen »

“It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life." Revelation 21

"So I knelt there at the delta,
At the alpha and the omega,
At the cradle of the river and the seas.
And like a blessing come from heaven
For something like a second
I was healed and my heart
Was at ease." Leonard Cohen
...I ..... .... ....... made . ..... ...... by ....... music .. ..... .. ......
Pastor Roy

Post by Pastor Roy »

Very nice declaration! Praise this big-hearted artis and Jesus Christ!
MaraLady

Post by MaraLady »

Old thread, I know, but I am increasingly in awe of all the OT and Jesus references in LCs songs. And the Saints! (Joan of Arc).

LC said that reading the Bible was like honey...he received it like honey....And was struck by the beauty, from Creation to the Apocolypse....

I love LC more and more every year....
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

A very interesting thread. I love all the quotes and have no trouble believing that Leonard spoke them all. He was an intense seeker. I believe he looked for what all religions might offer him in some way at some point. He would have no reason to exclude learnings from Christianity. He ought not be put in a box.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “Comments & Questions”