Most Devoted Fan

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Yorkshire Lad

Most Devoted Fan

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

If a competition was organised to find Leonards most devoted fan what would be the most appropriate indicator . There are a number of things that can be entered into the equation but what criteria would find the winner ?
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
LisaLCFan

Re: Most Devoted Fan

Post by LisaLCFan »

I think it would be impossible to declare a winner in such a contest, since matters of the heart and mind are not tangible, and therefore cannot be measured. ;-)
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

LisaLCFan wrote:I think it would be impossible to declare a winner in such a contest, since matters of the heart and mind are not tangible, and therefore cannot be measured. ;-)
Hi LisaLCFan
I think you are so right albums purchased , concerts attended , forum messages posted are simply objective ways of expressing your liking for the man and his music but what really matters is how that music affects your life and ultimately your soul.
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

TOUCHE to both of you! And in that context, many of us here would try to claim the #1 spot!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Lisa and Yorkshire Lad,:

I agree with you.
He who loves Leonard and his song is proof that the true fan.
gingermop

Post by gingermop »

Easy - the one who scares Leonard the most! :lol:

Gina
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

gingermop wrote:Easy - the one who scares Leonard the most! :lol:

Gina
I am intrigued . Please elaborate
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

In this case, I think it does not matter who takes the no.1 spot - it's the force of our group that counts, and the invisible threads which link us all to him for life.

Carmen
SuzanneT

Post by SuzanneT »

Love, passion, affection, desire, friendship, admiration, respect ... it all did not measure or consider. Can all just live ... ;-)
:idea: Being a fan of Leonard Cohen's something between heaven and earth, you can not count ... :idea:
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

SuzanneT wrote:Love, passion, affection, desire, friendship, admiration, respect ... it all did not measure or consider. Can all just live ... ;-)
:idea: Being a fan of Leonard Cohen's something between heaven and earth, you can not count ... :idea:
All these emotions on the forum and all because of Leonard . Hallelujah!!!
The Oxford English Definition of devotion is : The enthusiastic attachment or loyalty to a person or cause with great love . I think that probably puts every member of the forum in with a chance of winning the title of this thread

Return to “Comments & Questions”