Misheard Lyrics

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
lizzytysh

Re: Misheard Lyrics

Post by lizzytysh »

INteresting how even those two recordings show koan being pronounced differently from the other.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Paula

Post by Paula »

B4Real where did the time go. Thank you for reviving this thread it made me laugh once again. I am so easily amused. :D
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
Liamberney

Post by Liamberney »

Thanks for the interpretations Linda. This much I now recall; it's the same song (leaving Winslow) that I thought I heard 'Leonard's favourite Koan' and I was convinced that's what he sang. We'll probably never know for sure.
I really enjoyed the show and thought about getting tickets for the RAH (they still had tickets when I checked. Manchester had been sold out for months, but I managed to get late released tickets on the day - I was sat next to the sound desk!).
As you would expect, it was a great show and I'm getting more and more into Jackson Browne. Tho' I have to say, the gig brought home to me how well produced the LC shows are ie great mixing and the UHTC are supremely good.
Finally, I have to say how good JB looks - sixty seven? (And he started out when he was just a kid!)
B4real

Post by B4real »

@ Paula, it was my pleasure, I too had fun reading through those pages .... and yes, it seems time waits for no man (or woman) :)

@ Liamberney,
Also my pleasure, but btw .... my name is Bev not Linda :razz: It’s interesting to note that both of us heard Jackson say ‘Leonard’s favourite koan’! Glad you enjoyed the show! Jackson is one of my favourite artists after Leonard. Here’s a link to my thread about him and lots of great song links too for you to enjoy!

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=31665

btw… Jackson has always looked ‘good’ and has aged wonderfully :D

.... and here’s another misheard LC line from me when I first heard Samson In New Orleans –

Help me take this temple down – ‘Help’ instead of the correct ‘Let’
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Liamberney

Post by Liamberney »

oops Sorry Bev :oops: . Goes to show, can't rely on my input. Thanks for the link to the JB topic. I'll put something on there about how I came across his music.

Liam
sarsina

Post by sarsina »

In 'Going Home', I know it is "I love to speak with Leonard". However, I've found myself singing "I'd love to sleep with Leonard"... Oh maybe it was late and I was tired ?

Return to “Comments & Questions”