Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
seamermar

Re: Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Post by seamermar » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:11 am

Hi my friends I'm glad to see at last that place in the net. It's been for long I listen and pleasing to and of Leonard. He always brings me good vibes, though many of his verses I don't understand since I'm just a sailor from Spain.

My English is shorter than my feelings and thoughts, just so I need some help to ride upon his lines.

Maybe there is already some threads about song lyrics meanings that I don't find yet. If so, I really appreciate your tips to let me know where to peer and browse.

As for me, my hair is grey and I enjoy all the music he makes. Totally all the work.

Greetings from Spain to all members and power to the master to keep this Tower of songs just a hundred years or more
MaryB

Post by MaryB » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:21 am

seamermar,

Welcome to the forum! This might start you on your journey through all the topics.
viewforum.php?f=9

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
ErycleExera

hey dude im nebie just say hi to here

Post by ErycleExera » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:35 am

well dude im nebie just say hallo to here
MarieM

Re: hey dude im nebie just say hi to here

Post by MarieM » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:18 am

Hi and Welcome.

The place to introduce yourself can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13243
Marie
Speaking Cohen
banshee

Post by banshee » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:21 am

whoohoo!!
it took a while to find this thread, one could lose days in this forum!!
i just wanted to say hello, i'm new here, and fairly new to leonard cohens music -if i'm being honest!! :lol: I know - what on earth was i doing all these years! :oops:
looking forward to future visits to this wonderful place and maybe meeting some new friends along the way :D
take care all!
b'shee
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:18 am

Hope you liked Tipperary Seadove. I wonder did you visit the fine town of Clonmel? I'm sure you enjoyed the concert recently in the land of David.
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:25 am

Thanks, Mary B. No, not the "Real" Marianne, though as you say I did hear that some people met her at the concert. The Marianne I met was from Ireland.
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
mwaldman

Post by mwaldman » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:25 am

Hi b'shee -

Welcome to the forum. You're absolutely right - you can lose days easily in this forum. Lots of topics and lots of knowledgable, interesting members.

Enjoy!

Mike
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
~ G.K. Chesterton
MaryB

Post by MaryB » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:34 pm

Hello banshee,

By the time I got around to welcoming you here, I noticed you already have 8 posts - way to go! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Yon1967

Post by Yon1967 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:07 am

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and also to Leonard. I just discovered him last year and cannot believe I missed out on so many years of his music but am certainly making up for it. I saw him in the O2 in Dublin. I have never had such an experience - it was like a spiritual or something - my dad's a writer but unfortunatley i don't have his talent for words or for expressing how i feel or how Leonard makes me feel. I can cry everytime i hear A thousand Kisses Deep - smile everytime i hear his chuckle in a song - I have yet to discover his poetry - what would be a good book to start with. Sorry for rambling on - not good at this - but i do love reading everyone else's posts and how they express how Leonard makes them feel as it's ditto for me.

anyway love to all

ps for those from Ireland i'm from Mayo!!
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:16 am

Hi Yon1967,

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you've had the Leonard experience. As a first book of poetry, I would suggest "Stranger Music: Selected Poems and Songs" if you want a compilation up to 1993, or "Let Us Compare Mythologies" if you want to start from scratch.

All good things, John E
Last edited by John Etherington on Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
banshee

Post by banshee » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:45 am

thanks mike & mary
hi yon1967, i'm from the west also!! :D
Last edited by banshee on Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sanneka

Post by sanneka » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:29 pm

Hello all Friends
I am not really new here, but I just found this place to properly introduce myself. I am sorry, I must be really dense.
My name is Susanne, I live in Denmark, but have lived in USA, for many years (more than 30, so now you kind of know I am NOT a teen-ager) I have also lived in Israel, Saudi Arabia, Greece and have close connections to India and Ireland, so I really feel I understand the mentality of many of you who write on this Forum, and I am so amazed by the kindness and respect everybody show each other on these pages, all in the common love for Leonard and his work.
I have loved Leonard Cohen forever (since he and I were both young), but only one year ago did I see him in a live concert, and my life will never be the same.
I joined the Forum here maybe 18 months ago and have posted only a few times, but I "come here" several times a day and feel I already know so many of you.
Thanks to everybody for keeping such a sober friendly tone.
Best wishes to all
Susanne
Denmark
seadove

Post by seadove » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:15 am

TipperaryAnn wrote:Hope you liked Tipperary Seadove. I wonder did you visit the fine town of Clonmel? I'm sure you enjoyed the concert recently in the land of David.

In actuality, I only passed through, we were in the bus hurrying to another point in Ireland. But just for my sake the group leader put on a record and we all heard "It's a long way to Tipperary". I mean, I nagged and nagged and she finally dished out the song.

:D
LEONKA

A new Cohen fan

Post by LEONKA » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:01 pm

Today I bought from Mr.Leonarda Cohen book,The Book of Longing.In my chest heart beats like a bell,but also laugh
my tears.It is a book about life Mr.Leonarda,which leads him life.It´s also about love,which I wish him all of my heart.
Mr.Cohenovi and Anjani wish health and much love.This is a message from Slovakia,where the Mr.Leonard great fans. ;-) :D .

Return to “Comments & Questions”