Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Ms.Bojangles

Re: A new Cohen fan

Post by Ms.Bojangles »

Aww - this is so cute!
Box_of_Rain

Re: Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Post by Box_of_Rain »

Welcome! Everyone...it's so nice of you to introduce yourself!

I love the Cohenites! You make me feel so "at home"!

Even if I only meet a few of you, you really make it feel like an extended family!

:D
seadove

Re: A new Cohen fan

Post by seadove »

LEONKA wrote:Today I bought from Mr.Leonarda Cohen book,The Book of Longing.In my chest heart beats like a bell,but also laugh
my tears.It is a book about life Mr.Leonarda,which leads him life.It´s also about love,which I wish him all of my heart.
Mr.Cohenovi and Anjani wish health and much love.This is a message from Slovakia,where the Mr.Leonard great fans. ;-) :D .
Hello Leonka. Yes we all love Leonarda and also Anjanika. Not to mention the talented Sharona Robinsonova. We also love the sublime Webbima sisters, Hattinka and Charlinka. Did I mention also Xavioroni Mosanova? He is classica.

:lol:
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Good evening Seadove, so, all we love Leonard, Anjani, Sharon Robinson, Webb sisters. And therefore we are all ˝affected˝ Cohenites. Sorry that I did not mention, others. :D ;-)
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Thank you Ms.Bojangles, what I feel at heart that I write. :lol: ;-)
chrissyb

Post by chrissyb »

Hi I've been popping in and out of the forum for ages but guess I'm shy - anyways the thought of more concerts next year has prompted me to introduce myself - so excited!!!!! Just trying to work out how many and where I can afford. Was introduced to Leonard Cohen's music way back when - a friend lent me a pile of LPs - Songs of was amongst them and I was hooked from the start -Selected Poems for my sixteenth and the rest is history as they say!

Chris
1973-Glasgow; 1976-Portsmouth; 2008-Edinburgh, Glasgow x 2; 2009-Liverpool; 2010-Helsinki; 2012-Dublin
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Chris,

I think at this stage we're all trying to work out which/how many concerts we can afford. Have you had a chance to attend a concert yet?

The more you post, the more comfortable you will get - your 'shyness' will disappear. I'm so glad to see you posting here. Hope to hear more from you.

Best regards,
Mary

Edit - Just noticed your signature - duh :oops: ! Hope you get to attend many more!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Marine

Post by Marine »

Hello everyone! I finally decided to introduce myself :D

I'm 21 and discovered Leonard Cohen only 4 years ago with the original soundtrack of a German movie (Die fetten Jahre sind vorbei, very good movie by the way!) and the song Sisters Of Mercy. And since then, I became a fan buying all his albums and searching for bootlegs, but I think you know better than me what it is :D .
I even tried to introduce him to my parents, with many different songs but there's nothing to do! I think the language barrier (can we say that in English too?!) makes it more difficult...
I often read this forum but didn't dare to post until now because I'm not very confident with my written English. The announcement of his concert in Marseille in 2010 finally took off my fear :lol: I'm so glad, it will be my first LC concert and just in the town where I study, no need to travel! I was so disappointed to miss him in Nantes, my home town this summer, I thought I missed the only chance to see him live :(
So now I have a good idea for my christmas present ;-) (could you guess what it is?)
Last edited by Marine on Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Marine, welcome to the forum!

I also sometimes the language barrier, I had the courage to start writing on a forum, but be part of this forum want to think about Leonard. I desire to be on the forum and enjoy the fact that when Leonard away in America, both through the forum so close.
Also I believe that Leonard will come to Slovakia in 2010. Fans waiting it all, our love Leonard. Beautiful gift will be for me a ticket for the concert tour LEONARD 2010th. :razz: :lol: :razz:
RegularCliche

Post by RegularCliche »

Last edited by RegularCliche on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2009: Oakland 2x, St. Louis, Kansas City, Las Vegas, San Jose
2010: Sligo 2x, Lisbon, Caen, Grenoble, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Oakland 2x (again), Las Vegas 2x
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Marine and Leonka,

I enjoy reading all posts, whether there is a language barrier or not. You two are doing just fine. Our love for LC breaks down these barriers and the feeling always come through.

Marine and Morgan,

Many of us here started out like yourselves as lurkers - too afraid to intrude because of the sense of it being a 'closed community' because of their knowledge of each other the some incredibly intellectual posts. I am glad that you have finally made that initial step with your first posts. You will find that with every post that this is such a truly welcoming forum loaded with the nicest people. Everyone's thoughts in posts are valuable. Never be afraid to post what you feel.

Leonka, Marine and Morgan - It is a pleasure to have you all hear and hope to see many more posts from all of you.

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Marine

Post by Marine »

Thank you Mary for this extremely warm reception ;-) (At least I'm sure not to make any mistake with this sentence! :lol: )
I already noticed that this forum has the nicest community, which is natural considering the person for whom we are all gathered here!
So I won't hesitate anymore to post my comments, when I have the time.
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Hello Mary.

All we write here, because we love Leonard. Leonard, invites all fans to concerts, and I write in gratitude as we love Leonard.
Thus, for Leonard burn our hearts. This I write from my heart, I think it good. Every beginning is good, just courage Cohenites. :razz: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LEONKA
SuzanneT

Post by SuzanneT »

Hi all,
of course, we on this forum because we love Leonard and what he created ... and also because we need someone to share our feelings. In my neighborhood is not very people who would understand my preoccupation with Leonard. :roll: They hardly understand the need to listen to his songs, read his poetry, to be with him at the concert ... and be in the spirit with a show.
My English is also not good (is bad :lol: ), but I think more important than the quality of our English language is the expression of our experiences, impressions, thoughts and feelings. And there almost every one of our words recognized ;-)
SuzanneT, Czech republic :idea:
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Hello SuzanneT,

You're absolutely right, like all write. Also, some do not understand me but I will send them there ... (as you say in Czech?). For me, Leonard more than other people's views. I'm looking forward to the concert in Bratislava. The report received? I sent it today. :D ;-)

Return to “Comments & Questions”