Sligo-Help for newbies.

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
carlowmike
Location: it's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,!

Re: Sligo-Help for newbies.

Post by carlowmike » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:56 pm

trish » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:00 am

Mike

I see from the nametags thread that you haven't enlisted yourself for any of the meetups. Is this a typo?? I know we are staying in the same hotel so I'll see you then, but you have to come to some of the get-togethers! I'm sure - apart from your old friends - that a lot of people want to meet you
Glad to hear from you trish, are you happy with your tickets :?:
Just home after a very "wet and muddy" weekend at Oxygen Bands Festival :!: .
Comments and update of Sligo information on this thread when I recover :roll: ,
otherwise allsgood ;-) .
Last edited by carlowmike on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
Like You Would Do For One You Love
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:39 pm

by trish » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:11 am

Hi Diana

Going out for a coffee in the morning (breakfast) with Mick is a bad idea... as a few of us can attest to! I hope there'll be none of those Shenanigans in Shenanigans in Sligo!
trish, ladydi and meself have shared wine and shenanigans in The Chelsea Hotel in Manhattan so shenanigans in Shenanigans in Sligo will be no bother :shock: .
Should mention here that Trish and Sean of Shenanigans (Sligo) serve an all-day Irish Breakfast for 10 euro 8)
so one can have breakfast before bedtime :!: ;-) .

(possible we might have Frances compose another verse or two for us on the day :idea: )
carlowmike ;-)
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:24 pm

This information and link arrived today:
Travel to Leonard Cohen:

Westlife, Lissadell
Services Depart Busáras
Friday, 30 July 2010 - 1430
Return Services Depart Lissadell immediately after the concert
Bus Tickets are available to buy online - €32

Leonard Cohen, Lissadell
Services Depart Busáras
Saturday, 31 July 2010 - 1430
Sunday, 1 August 2010 - 1430

Return Services Depart Lissadell immediately after the concert

Bus Tickets are available to buy online - €32

Bus Eireann also run a bus to Dublin,
depart circa 2am from Sligo to Dublin Airport,
;-) .
http://www.buseireann.ie
Frelander

Post by Frelander » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:56 pm

Mike

Just out of interest any developments regarding the suggestion of the tree?

In view of the outing in New York we may well take breakfast in our hotel........not :D
trish

Post by trish » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:49 am

Frelander wrote:Mike

In view of the outing in New York we may well take breakfast in our hotel........not :D

Frances & Frank - The rate we booked was room only... So we will have to go out for breakfast ;-) LOL

Mick, you didn't answer the question on your attendance at the meetups! We booked Friday night on the basis that we were all getting together so we will await your appearance - and likewise prior to (and post) the concerts on Saturday and Sunday!
trish

Post by trish » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:51 am

PS Mick - can't believe you were at Oxegen - lucky you! I'd loved to have gone!

Delighted with the tickets, thanks a million... Paula has them in safekeeping. Look forward to seeing you in Sligo :)
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:21 pm

by trish » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:51 am

PS Mick - can't believe you were at Oxegen - lucky you! I'd loved to have gone!
Delighted with the tickets, thanks a million... Paula has them in safekeeping. Look forward to seeing you in Sligo
I was there only for Paolo Nutini, one of the best new talents on the scene today.
I promoted a few of his early concerts alas he is too big for me now :(
There were several companies dishing out free Ponchos at Oxygen, they told me they will be doing the same at Sligo
but hopefully we will not need them.
But open air concerts and weather :!:
This comment from Monday's Irish Times :

"Any farmer whose land is parched with drought might want to consider organising an outdoor music festival
to summon the rain"
Met Ireland will issue us with their long-range weather forecast next week ;-) .
trish wrote : Mick, you didn't answer the question on your attendance at the meetups! We booked Friday night on the basis that we were all getting together so we will await your appearance - and likewise prior to (and post) the concerts on Saturday and Sunday!
I will be guided by Esmeralda who has decided to join me in Sligo :oops: ,
fact is I have attended hundreds of concerts but I've never been to a pre-concert meet-up for any of them :idea: :shock:
a bit of a get-together afterwards does me ;-).
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:14 pm

I suspect that this link has already been posted in one of these Sligo threads - but I just saw it on FaceBook - so I'm bringing it here -

Lots of information and lots of pretty pictures. :D :D 8)

http://www.lissadellhouse.com/

Lissadell House and Gardens, Sligo, Ireland
OPEN for LEONARD COHEN and WESTLIFE outdoor concerts 30 & 31 July &1 August, 2010
Subject to licence
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:09 pm

by sturgess66 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:14 pm

I suspect that this link has already been posted in one of these Sligo threads - but I just saw it on FaceBook - so I'm bringing it here -
Lots of information and lots of pretty pictures.

Excellent sturgess66, best link yet, loads of information there and a great Map , thank you ;-)
Last edited by carlowmike on Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ronmed

Post by ronmed » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:06 pm

Lots of information and lots of pretty pictures.

thanks sturgess66, great pictures,
thanks also to musicmania and sandraa for their pictures.
I wonder if priority coaches are running buses from Dublin or Cork for Saturday concert ?
MaryB

Post by MaryB » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:05 pm

So that's where the concert seating will be. Thanks for that Linda!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:19 am

Urgent!
I booked two hotel rooms at the Clarion through 1800hotels.ie and now the booking has been cancelled due to difficulties with the company. I am now urgently looking for acccommodation for 4 for Saturday 31st July. Anyone able to help!
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:01 am

jdhayes » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:19 pm

Urgent!
I booked two hotel rooms at the Clarion through 1800hotels.ie and now the booking has been cancelled due to difficulties with the company. I am now urgently looking for acccommodation for 4 for Saturday 31st July. Anyone able to help!

Accommodation should still available at link below.
They are slow to confirm, so give it a day or two,
let me know how you get on.
If they are booked out
I will contact Sligo committee, I am very sure that something can be arranged.
I have a list of locals who were offering to homehost and can make contact with them ;-) .

Innisfree International College & Convention Centre

http://www.iiccc.info 071-9119911 info@iiccc.info 086 6005106
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:34 pm

by Frelander » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:56 pm

Mike
The tree planting ceremony will take place in Sligo.

Thank you Frelander for the original suggestion,
like all the other suggestions submitted to this thread it was considered and acted on, ;-) .
Last edited by carlowmike on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:42 pm

In reply to several emails , please note :
Priority Buses travelling direct to Lissadell will be leaving from Countess Markevich Road, Sligo town, throughout the day,
located on the same road is the old discoversligo office where tickets may be purchased.
Countess Markevich Road is situated close to Shenanigans and the Garavouge,
both nominated as meet-up venues for Forum members and Leonard Cohen Fan Clubs.
Following suggestion from MaryB I have requested that both places play Leonard Cohen background music :idea: .
{ in fact I am making a few "rare" 1960s BBC recordings available to them :neutral: } ~~~~.
There are also a dozen or so other pubs, restaurants etc. located in the area.
There will be a small number of other outlets for the purchase of tickets,
but in the meantime pre-booking is advised.
The link for same appears in previous Posts ;-)

Return to “The World Tour 2010”