Sligo-Help for newbies.

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
carlowmike
Location: it's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,!

Re: Sligo-Help for newbies.

Post by carlowmike »

Musicmania,
car-parking has been addressed several times on this thread and will be again as soon as more information becomes available. .
There are designated car-parks near Lissadell and, I believe, some farmers are opening fields for parking at a fee.
Notices are appearing elsewhere regarding Priority Buses etc.
On the day Priority Bus tickets may be purchased in Sligo as mention in recent Post, but payment of 2 or 3 euro from Carney to Lissadell may be paid when boarding the shuttle / mini bus, that part of the journey ( via taxi option ) does not require pre-paid ticket.
Walking from Carney to Lissadell is not advised for Health and Safety reasons ;-) .
Last edited by carlowmike on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
Like You Would Do For One You Love
jeney

Post by jeney »

carlowmike » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:03 pm

Yesterday I was told that several organizations including the "Coming Together for Sligo" committee are promoting a recruitment drive for volunteers to act as "ambassadors" during the Concert weekend .
This idea was first mentioned by Forum member "jeney" as a suggestion for me to bring to the "Coming Together for Sligo" meeting in June. It is now being acted on , thank you jeney .
Thank you Mick and Congratulations :D on your ten thousand views .
It is great to know that some of our ideas for Sligo are actually being implemented, I feel we are more a part of the whole event. (Irish Government take note :( )
I also suggested they put up a banner thanking you for all your input !
We still have room for a passenger willing to share travel from Kildare to Sligo, returning Monday !, jeney
Dublin 22nd July 2009. Sligo 31st July and 1st August 2010.
I dreamed about you, baby
It was just the other night.
anneeshipley

Post by anneeshipley »

you can bet that some members who have travelled the Amazon or been to Mount Everest will deride the "volunteer ambassadors" idea ;-) .[/quote]

Mike

We get the message!!! No more imput from us.

Anne and Roger
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike »

A Forum member with travel case is looking for a lift from Sligo to Limerick
(Shannon Airport for Flight to USA ) on August 2nd, willing to share travel costs.
Will also check on Bus connections to same :?:

Marie King McGovern of Bus Eireann has requested I mention that a bus runs from
Sligo to Dublin at circa 2am following the concerts, it is the bus connecting to Dublin Airport but may
also make a stop in Dublin, enquire from Bus Eireann.

jenay wrote: It is great to know that some of our ideas for Sligo are actually being implemented, I feel we are more a part of the whole event. (Irish Government take note )
I also suggested they put up a banner thanking you for all your input !
We still have room for a passenger willing to share travel from Kildare to Sligo, returning Monday !, jeney
No Banner for me but we are erecting one to Welcome Forum Members to Sligo ;-) .
Last edited by carlowmike on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
jeney

Post by jeney »

Spilling rain all over Ireland today but the young crowd at the Oxygen Music Festival this weekend
seem to wallow in it.
Hopefully the rain will be rained out by the time we get to Sligo.
We now have the extra passenger we were looking for.
One very last suggestion from us Fan Clubs,
make sure that the restrooms / toilets at the drop off / pick up area are open in the sports grounds in Carney.
jeney.
kildaregenealogy@gmail.com
Dublin 22nd July 2009. Sligo 31st July and 1st August 2010.
I dreamed about you, baby
It was just the other night.
Karen 01

Post by Karen 01 »

A friends parents bought 2 tickets for the Sat night yesterday on a whim not realising the dilema of accomodation, has anyone any advice on their best bet, they have resigned themselves to the fact that they won't be going which is such a shame as they are big fans but havn't had the pleasure of seeing him in concert!
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Don't give up hope just yet. Hopefully someone will be able to help. Maybe you could contact Discover Sligo. Their contact details are http://www.DiscoverSligo.com and phone number is 071 91 47488. Good luck!

On another note everyone we have only 3 weeks to go so to celebrate I made this photo from one of my Lissadell pics and my favourite photo I took last year! Hope ye like it :D

2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
Frelander

Post by Frelander »

Hey Musicmania,well done !
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike »

Karen 01 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:15 pm

A friends parents bought 2 tickets for the Sat night yesterday on a whim not realising the dilema of accomodation, has anyone any advice on their best bet, they have resigned themselves to the fact that they won't be going which is such a shame as they are big fans but havn't had the pleasure of seeing him in concert!
Karen 01,
Keith McNair of discoversligo read your Post and emailed me to request I contact him tomorrow regarding accomodation,
he has plenty of accomodation still available :idea: .
Many households in Sligo are offering B & B over the weekend.
I also have another family offering home-hosting,
we have already arranged home-hosting for several people :) .
Nice work musicmania ;-) .

carlowmike@gmail.com
Kali

Post by Kali »

Hi all

Just to let anyone know who is looking for accomodation I have just cancelled a room in the 'yeats country hotel, spa and leisure club! if you go on bookings.com it may come up as available. I cancelled due to colleague now unable to attend concert!

Kali
trish

Post by trish »

Mike

I see from the nametags thread that you haven't enlisted yourself for any of the meetups. Is this a typo?? :shock: I know we are staying in the same hotel so I'll see you then, but you have to come to some of the get-togethers! I'm sure - apart from your old friends - that a lot of people want to meet you :)
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Trish,

Mick may possibly try to be incognito...but I'm afraid we will unearth him!!! He has many whiskeys and Guinesses promised to him! I'm just trying to get a coffee :roll:, before the aforementioned group gets ahold of him! ;-)

If anyone can manage it, it would be you!! :D
trish

Post by trish »

Hi Diana

Going out for a coffee in the morning (breakfast) with Mick is a bad idea... as a few of us can attest to! I hope there'll be none of those Shenanigans in Shenanigans in Sligo! ;-)
trish

Post by trish »

Lovely picture Musicmania! It does the venue proud :)
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

trish wrote:Hi Diana
Going out for a coffee in the morning (breakfast) with Mick is a bad idea... as a few of us can attest to! I hope there'll be none of those Shenanigans in Shenanigans in Sligo! ;-)
Oh-oh..this sounds interesting. I'm off to bed now...look forward to further information ;-) 8) ;-)

Return to “The World Tour 2010”