CONCERT REPORT: Bratislava, Slovakia, October 13, 2010

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
gallina

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Bratislava, Oct. 13, 2010

Post by gallina »

Dear friends, thank you for your kind words. I'm so glad to give you joy with my feelings and pictures.
gallina-
2009 Budapest
2010 Zagreb, Gothenburg, Florence, St. Margarethen, Bratislava, Las Vegas x2

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2012 Ghent x5, Helsinki, Dublin x2, Verona
2013 Roma, Lucca, Vienna, London
2015 Viladrau
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Hi gallina,
Yes, all (I assume), we were very, very excited. This, is not can not otherwise describe.
At, the meeting, it is never late. You're right, I am now very happy man. Thank you. ;-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi MaryB,

I am glad that I could write about it. So- lucky to be shared ;-) .I always try to find time
on the LC forum, because that's what I need. ;-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi SuzanneT,

I am not someone who should know soon offend, though for what. After all, what you wrote to me,I for fun. Photo of Leonard.?
Even at midnight. For, us it narrowly missed, before Sibamac Arena. Leonard sat in the silver Mercedes. I noticed, this bearded guy,which on the photo,next door Leonard that he stood before the Sibamac Arena, so we have not captured as quickly, and Leonard took, the car. And we just kept our eyes to cry. You're right, I would, also exchanged, audience in the first row. But I have to say
that by way of exception!!!. I know that someone was sitting in first place, who is also very in love with Leonard.
He was a man with a good heart and love for Leonard. I should again begin to meet piggy?
Attachments
Leonard,Bratislava 13.10.2010.jpg
Last edited by LEONKA on Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
neo

Post by neo »

Although the end of the european leg of the tour is a kinda sad event, I really enjoy your contributions and shared memories of the concert. This makes this thread a very joyful one.
Thank you very much friends!
SuzanneT

Post by SuzanneT »

Because we never stop believing that Leonard will return to us, as the love back to people :idea:
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
moonglum

Post by moonglum »

And if not - because nobody of us definitely knows where his path will go to - we have had the "privilege to gather in such a city at such an event to share this music". His music is timeless and so he will speak to us sweetly from his window in the tower of song when he will have passed by....

Can you imagine that he would start another world tour at the age of 78?
The crazy fact will be that - if he is in a healthy state - he will do it because he loves his fans, he loves performing.
We all could see it in his eyes.

Have you ever realized how his voice improved from the start in 2008 up to these days?
Pure training ;-)))

Compare the quality between Berlin or Odense in middle August 2010 with Bratislava.
The last concerts were the best on the whole tour.

This last dates are full of the feeling to have entered a high mountain, one is full of impressions, and full of joy one goes the path down back home. In this case he makes a little holiday break there somewhere between the top of the mountains and the valley where he came from, just to enter some smaller hills in Down Under until the end in LV.

Then a big deed is done. Three years full of travelling and long performing work. An incredible deed for such an age.
We can thank him for his love he has given to us. It touched nearly a million people at the various shows all over the globe.
Yes, and if some of uns feel sad...

There ain't no cure for love! :o
Moonglum
normally travelling Germany up & down
http://www.christian-appelt.de
Harriet175

Post by Harriet175 »

LEONKA wrote:Last tour
Bratislava concert was not just the last stop of a European tour this report. As confirmed by the organizers singers Management, was the last European tour,
not longer will be more :(
dear Leonka,

thank you for sharing your experience and your joy of the Bratislava concert night.
i am so happy that you treasure the signature, may Leonard's warm message carry you safely through time and space,
specially through the beginning cold winter months (starts getting cold in Frankfurt..)
Leonard's greeting, each letter, is so carefully written.

i also did not believe, after 2008, that there would be other concerts in 2009. :razz:
And in 2009, it was incredible to learn, that there would be more concerts in 2010 :D
And now, time passes too quickly, the end of 2010 is practically there and... :oops:
who knows? I wonder if Leonard knew now, well, would he tell us? :?:

much love Nicole
...a tune in my soul
and my heart the shape of a begging bowl

2008: 25 jul Lörrach, 29 oct Frankfurt 2009: 1 jul Cologn 2010: 3 sept Wiesbaden, 19 sept Strasbourg, 29 sept Dortmund, 1 oct Stuttgart
2012: 5 sept Berlin 6 sept Mönchengladbach 29+30 sept Paris 2013: 25 jun Oberhausen, 28 jun Mannheim, 14 jul Hamburg, 24 aug Zürich
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Hi Nicole,

Sorry, but I'm already very tired,so you post the write, until tomorrow. OK. ;-)
Good night.
harald

Post by harald »

am i late?
yes, it was a great concert in bratislava
and i´d like to thank all who shared this experience with me, the friends whom i knew from previous concerts and the new friends i found in bratislava, at the meetup or at the concert, i treasure everyone of you, and i do hope to see at least some of you again..., i don´t want to list all names, but i must name leonka, who generously selling us two great tickets only made bratislava possible for us, thank you leonka!, and thanks, szilvia! you layed out the way for leonka and me
it was, like always, not enough time to talk, to come closer, but like the indians say " i recognize you"
and of course we all are thankful to LCohen and the whole united hearts group
i am miserable
bratislava being the last LCohen concert i´ll ever listen to, probably (and it doesn´t console me that the ones going to las vegas will just be miserable two months later)
should be glad
for the concerts i could participate, about the already 35 years i lived with the music of LCohen
but
i am miserable - and late
best for all of you
harald
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
gallina

Post by gallina »

Dear Harald,
your words make me feel sad. Please, don't give up! Many of us is already waiting for another tour. Why not? It could happen!
I hope that after Firenze and Bratislava we can meet again somewhere, and know each other better. With love: Szilvia

Caro amico, ti dono un sorriso :)

Donare un sorriso
Rende felice il cuore.
Arricchisce chi lo riceve
Senza impoverire chi lo dona.
Non dura che un istante,
Ma il suo ricordo rimane a lungo.
Nessuno è così ricco
Da poterne fare a meno
Né così povero da non poterlo donare.
Il sorriso crea gioia in famiglia,
Da sostegno nel lavoro
E segno tangibile di amicizia.
Un sorriso dona sollievo a chi è stanco,
Rinnova il coraggio nelle prove,
E nella tristezza è medicina.
2009 Budapest

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2015 Viladrau
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Hi Nicole, Harald and galinna

I apologize that I write to now. Up to now go back deeper thoughts on the concert in Bratislava. When I compare concert in Katowice, Poland and Bratislava , so in Bratislava, I felt as if the concert had not ever quit. Only now I realize that everything is gone. My whole mind and heart is immersed to a depth of music, words and spiritual atmosphere at the concert. Leonard told us the message of peace, love, harmony, friendship and peace. I very much wish, return to Slovakia Leonard. Hope that the return is anyone's guess.

What I feel? Very much. Let me like this: We are all one big chain and lock on Leonard's chain, which unites us (I hope Leonard does not insult my phrase), it appears that all we make a full connection. Leonard unites us with the spiritual world, and we are committed to listen to him, knowing that in his poems and music is a spiritual element, which is spread between us and without which there is no response back.

Dear Leonard

you can not even guess, what a fan of you have to Slovakia. I am very happy that I attended, your concert and I assure you that I go back to the concert. And again I'll mesmerize and sustain a passion.
8) :razz:

Your devoted fan of
LEONKA

***Harald, I sent you PM of my private.
Last edited by LEONKA on Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

;-)
Attachments
Concert in Bratislava, 13.10.2010 photo 2
Concert in Bratislava, 13.10.2010 photo 2
Concert in Bratislava,13.10.2010 photo 1
Concert in Bratislava,13.10.2010 photo 1
kaz

Post by kaz »

Leonard Cohen`s last moments,last words on the stage in Europe,2010.
In spoken conclusion to Closing Time Leonard quoted transponded stanzas
of Never Got To Love You.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irynZHOIZyU
1985:Zabrze 2008:Dublin x 2 /London O2/Praha/Wroclaw/
:Bratislava/2010:Katowice/Bratislava./2013:Lodz/Vienna
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

I apologize for, not the best photo but, I forgot at that moment to turn a beautiful flash and better parameter settings on the camera. :roll:
Attachments
Concert in Bratislava,13.10.2010 photo 3
Concert in Bratislava,13.10.2010 photo 3
gallina

Post by gallina »

kaz wrote:Leonard Cohen`s last moments,last words on the stage in Europe,2010.
In spoken conclusion to Closing Time Leonard quoted transponded stanzas
of Never Got To Love You.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irynZHOIZyU

DEAR KAZ, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR SHARING IT WITH US. IT DEAPLY TOUCHED MY HEART!
2009 Budapest

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2015 Viladrau
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Thanks to all who provided videos and photos of the last European concert and especially to Albert for "Hey, that's no way to say goodbye" - the full, uncut version, compared to my precious scrap on the Warsaw thread! Interesting how different Dino's solo is on this compared to in Warsaw - just shows that no two concerts are the same. I prefer the Warsaw version - less "showy" and suits the song better, I think. I like Leonard's Warsaw performance better, too - very gentle and fluid. Two other things I preferred about the Warsaw concert - 1. Hattie and Charley wore their hair down. 2. I was there ! :razz:
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...

Return to “The World Tour 2010”