CONCERT REPORT: Katowice, Poland, October 4, 2010

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Hanna

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Katowice, Poland, Oct. 4, 2010

Post by Hanna »

majmunka wrote:Thank you for your kind words, guys.

I uploaded another 2 videos.
Waiting for the Miracle, the first minute or so is terrible quality but I hope the rest will make it worth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb0qlVyVMjI
Who by Fire with Javier Mas' bandurria solo. Alas, the lighting was very poor so don't expect much...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usRZgnEXzvE

Still no news about the lost others, maybe tomorrow.

Eva

Thank you! Well done, Eva! :D
Isn't it archilaud?
"I love your body and your spirit and your clothes"

Wroclaw, Hala Ludowa 20.03.1985 | Wroclaw, Hala Stulecia 29.09.2008 | Katowice, Spodek 04.10.2010 | Berlin, Waldbühne 5.09.2012 | Berlin o2 World 17.07.2013 | Prague o2 Arena 21.07.2013
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

Hanna wrote: Isn't it archilaud?
I think you are right, thanks. I'll edit it.
Eva
Scotland

Post by Scotland »

Katovice amazing, another stunning performance, the Man justs get better and better.
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

Used PhotoFunia and a cropping of the photo Roscoe made of Leonard and me in Katowice.
It would be a perfect image for t-shirts :)
LCPhotoFuniaS.jpg
Eva
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Hi Eva (I do not know you, but I enjoyed reading about your wonderful encounter with Leonard!),

This picture would be a perfect image for just about anything! What a great smile! :D
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

LisaLCFan wrote:Hi Eva (I do not know you, but I enjoyed reading about your wonderful encounter with Leonard!),

This picture would be a perfect image for just about anything! What a great smile! :D
Yeah I agree, just about anything :D BTW I'll get around to scanning that setlist soon. Sick at the moment and my scanner is buried under a pile of papers and the like so yes I'm being lazy ;-)
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Gwen,
The quality of your photos are always on par with Albert's videos. It was so hard to pick a favorite, but the one with Eva's rose and the one of Hattie superimposed with LC's face are truly stunning. Loved reading your review and also that your flag was so well received!
Albert,
Congratulations on your upload of 200 videos! Each a jewel. I echo holydove's sentiments - we should have started a fund so you could be at every concert! Looking forward to many more!
Eva,
I loved reading your review, especially your recollection of meeting the band members and the man himself. I am so happy that you had this experience! Have your knees stopped shaking :lol: ?

Thank you to you and all the others who post reviews, photos and videos and links to all the relevant material. It is very much appreciated!

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

One of my friends managed to retrieve my vanished video files from the memory card. My eyes went teary when I opened a file and got a close view of Leonard's face singing I tried to leave you... I know there are other records of almost every songs but I hope you will enjoy my contribution and the advantages of my excellent seat :)

Here is the first one: Sisters Of Mercy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LraqeTPvWSQ

Eva
Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal »

Hi majmunka,

You did a great job with that video. Looking forward to seeing more of them. You must have had a great spot to shoot it from.
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

Cheshire gal wrote:Hi majmunka,

You did a great job with that video. Looking forward to seeing more of them. You must have had a great spot to shoot it from.
Thanks, yes, I had a great spot to shoot not only during the show but for the encores as well. I was standing at his feet :)

More videos:

Partisan (partial)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clijNxoZsAg
The battery decided to die just before the last verse :(

Born in Chains
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_XpHXJtl5E

I Tried To Leave You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6JUPPVahAE

Closing Time (partial) - he's picking up my rose *love*
His cute "dancing out" stunt at the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM3X8gr7Cmc

Lisa, Mary, thank you for your kind words.

Eva
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

Halibutt

Post by Halibutt »

I know I'm kind of late, so just a quick impression. I got the tickets for the concert pretty much by accident. Anyway, me and two of my friends ended up driving 300+ km to Katowice. One of them was a hardcore LC fan as myself, while the other never even heard his songs before. After the concert she thanked me for inviting her, saying that she never thought a concert could be so emotionally intense. I couldn't have said it better myself I guess.

Anyway, the concert was absolutely astonishing, LC received standing ovation already before the encores - and the entire crowd simply stood there for the rest of the evening, thousands of people standing for roughly an hour I guess.

Finally, LC seemed to be in much better shape than during his previous visit to Warsaw. Good to see him smiling.
Cheers
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

majmunka wrote:One of my friends managed to retrieve my vanished video files from the memory card. My eyes went teary when I opened a file and got a close view of Leonard's face singing I tried to leave you... I know there are other records of almost every songs but I hope you will enjoy my contribution and the advantages of my excellent seat :)

Here is the first one: Sisters Of Mercy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LraqeTPvWSQ

Eva
Eva - your videos are terrific. So glad that someone could retrieve them for you. Thanks for sharing! :D :D

Halibutt - tickets by accident?? Lucky you!!! :D :D
Hanna

Post by Hanna »

"I love your body and your spirit and your clothes"

Wroclaw, Hala Ludowa 20.03.1985 | Wroclaw, Hala Stulecia 29.09.2008 | Katowice, Spodek 04.10.2010 | Berlin, Waldbühne 5.09.2012 | Berlin o2 World 17.07.2013 | Prague o2 Arena 21.07.2013
Halibutt

Post by Halibutt »

sturgess66 wrote:Halibutt - tickets by accident?? Lucky you!!! :D :D
Yup, lucky me :) Though it turned out I had to drive precisely 666 kilometres that night, which makes Cohen's "Drive safely home" sound quite... strange :)

BTW, what's this forum's policy on bootlegs?
Cheers

Return to “The World Tour 2010”