CONCERT REPORT: Lille, France, September 25, 2010

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
burningviolin

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Lille, France, Sept 25, 2010

Post by burningviolin »

somewhat_nifty wrote:BV, your concert reports are always a treat! You should put them on a blog or something. Thank you for being instrumental in psyching me up to meet LC! If only you had been there too :( And now... the Las Vegas adventure begins!

Oh any time Nifty!! lol! The bill for my little motivational speech is in the post! :lol: :lol:
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Hi guys,

Back from this great concert, just can't get enough...
I did tape almost the entire show in a great audio quality (according to me hem...)
The rendition sounds really good compared to some other ones I did download from the internet. Moreover, I did catch every little word/introduction/blessing of our Man.
These are Lossless Flac16 files. I do not have sufficient privileges on DimeADozen.org to upload a torrent yet so I did a mass upload on a ftp site.
If anyone is interested, just PM me and I'd be pleased to share it.

It was great to talk to Maarten and ZodkaVombie, my partner in crutches ;-)

All good things,

Nicolas
I told you when I came I was a stranger...
pe swijngedouw

Post by pe swijngedouw »

good evening, nicolas,

could i pleeease have a copy of this (once more) great concert : my wife could not come along, for health reasons, so it would be a way to make her feel a bit of the excitement this concert gave us - especially as you recorded the words-in-between-songs ;
where did you "sit" ? from where i was, i saw a lot of people with cameras and such , but i did not recognize anyone but willy&wijbe and maarten and a few others.
if your recording is that good, perhaps we could start another "vine" through the forum ?

thanks, hope to meet some day, and offer you a beer or so ; we have some great beers, here, like "pannepot", or "panneschum", etc.
or else, i should bring them to you ; after all, we're still living in the same country, only a few kms apart ; or perhaps organize some kind of meet-up after this world tour ends - just some free ideas, someone could pick up,

pe
... precisely ...
zodkavombie

Post by zodkavombie »

Hi Nicolas
Nice meeting you, what a coincidence that the 2 of us on crutches would be sitting next to each other :D
Thanks for the tip on recording on the phone and indeed the sound is not bad at all but I don't have about 1h25 which is not bad I suppose. I have a few clips on my camcorder and I tried to put them on youtube but have not succeeded unfortunately. Not very good with that sort of thing so any help from you or anyone else would be very gratefully received. I think I have 4 or 5 songs and would love to share them with all of you.
Zodkavombie (Victorine)
O2, 17th July and 13th November 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009, Barecelona 21 September 2009, Lille 25 September 2010, Las Vegas 10th and 11th December 2010, Wembley 9th September 2012, Paris 29th September 2012, O2 London 21st June, 15th September 2013.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Hi pe !

I will send you a PM with the link in just a few minutes.
Hope your wife is doing better...
I was sitting next to Zodkavombie on the 6th row, center left; I went talking to Maarten during the intermission but as I was walking with crutches, I didn't move that much to meet people.
Some members who already DL my recording said the quality is great but I guess this is really subjective. Once you get the files, just decide for yourself.
I unfortunately didn't tape the 3 first songs; I was too busy enjoying the show and talking to my neighbors in between these songs, just forgot to activate the device...
All the rest is caught until the very end.

I am a beer lover too ;-) (Nothing unusual for a Belgian folk) and would love to taste your special ones! It would be indeed great to meet you and other members at a gig after the world tour. I'm in !

Warm regards,

Nicolas
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

zodkavombie wrote:Hi Nicolas
Nice meeting you, what a coincidence that the 2 of us on crutches would be sitting next to each other :D
Thanks for the tip on recording on the phone and indeed the sound is not bad at all but I don't have about 1h25 which is not bad I suppose. I have a few clips on my camcorder and I tried to put them on youtube but have not succeeded unfortunately. Not very good with that sort of thing so any help from you or anyone else would be very gratefully received. I think I have 4 or 5 songs and would love to share them with all of you.
Zodkavombie (Victorine)
Hi Victorine!

It was indeed amazing to sit next to each other, we must have been the only ones on crutches among the 6000 folks there, what a coincidence :)
Sorry, we couldn't make it to the bar after the show as my wife was falling asleep and our hotel was over 1km away, walking with these crutches... You know what I'm talking about right ;-)

Great you managed to get your iphone to catch a good part of the show. I did process my files with some audio softwares on the Mac and generated flac files (lossless quality). It took me sometime to understand how to create a torrent (to upload these files and make them available to everyone) but eventually had to resign and upload them on a private site (FTP); I'm saying this because I have no experience in sharing files over the internet, other than the good old FTP way. So I do not know how uploading on Youtube works yet, but I can have a look and try to get smarter :roll: I guess the first step is to compress your files as they must be somewhere close to 100MB each...

Good luck with that and have a great day,

Nicolas
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir »

Nicolas wrote:Hi pe !
Some members who already DL my recording said the quality is great but I guess this is really subjective.
As far as bootlegs go, it's pretty good :)
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

danslenoir wrote:
Nicolas wrote:Hi pe !
Some members who already DL my recording said the quality is great but I guess this is really subjective.
As far as bootlegs go, it's pretty good :)
Thanks! This is actually my very first recording of a concert... 8)

Have a great weekend

nicolas
remote1

Post by remote1 »

Yes, many many thanks Nicolas; I listened to it on the train to work and back and the atmosphere in Lille was great! :D
I wonder if Leonard knows why people clapped so much for The Gypsy's wife and especially during the song. It would be interesting to know. I get from the Canard Enchaine that The Gypsy's Wife has turned into a sort of anthem amongst LC lovers, since recent events in France...
"We are so lightly here"
zodkavombie

Post by zodkavombie »

Hi Nicolas
I also have a mac but unable to use all its features. I have not got a clue on how to compress files but as I said before I hope that the friend who is coming this weekend will help me, failing that I will go to the Apple store and ask if they can show me how to do it.
I also have difficulties in downloading my photos on the forum, I expect I need to compress these as well. Zut alors!!!
Victorine
O2, 17th July and 13th November 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009, Barecelona 21 September 2009, Lille 25 September 2010, Las Vegas 10th and 11th December 2010, Wembley 9th September 2012, Paris 29th September 2012, O2 London 21st June, 15th September 2013.
StBruno

Post by StBruno »

So many great stories and images here - love Pe's one of the true stature of Zavier Mas - just didn't notice that effect from closer in. I can't add much apart from to say that this had to be my last time in the audience (this year anyway) and it was the best yet. Such energy and clarity of delivery from Mr Cohen and the whole band, and a good audience. I'd certainly like to hear Nicolas' recording. The lines from Never Got To Love You were a highlight - Blue Alert is my favorite non- (well you know what I mean) Cohen album for some time.

It was great to meet a few gentle, interesting and excited Cohenites before and after the show: hope to run into you soon.

All best,
Bruno
...like one who believes
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Wybe wrote:The pictureshow from the Lille Meet-up is on-line.

See http://www.icantforget.nl

Wijbe and Willy
thanks very much . a great picture show bringing back memories of another special day in the company of forum members and leonard

David
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
zodkavombie

Post by zodkavombie »

Hi
Managed to download one of the clips I recorded last Saturday. Not great but better than nothing :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzFQdtTrVrs

Will do a couple more in next couple of days
Angel of Compassion

Post by Angel of Compassion »

Does anyone know why Sharon Robinson left?
neo

Post by neo »

Angel of Compassion wrote:Does anyone know why Sharon Robinson left?
read here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23023

and here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23023&start=30#p251016

Return to “The World Tour 2010”