Met (Heb: dead) Len in hotel last year - now 2010

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Midnight Choir

Met (Heb: dead) Len in hotel last year - now 2010

Post by Midnight Choir »

Shall I go to a concert this year?

I don't have a ticket at the moment.

I went to the Antwerp concert last year (among others - the rainy outdoor one and O2, me One

Let me tell you what happened in Antwerp, tho ugh.

It was great

I was staying in this hotel, saw the concert from the front row, dead centred

I met Maarten, who is a blooming nice fellow with a jaunty beret

And this random other Belgian bloke- ever such a nice bloke - a lawyer,: like me

And we got to chatting, about movies (e.g.: The Lord of the Rings (Return of the King) and my German vacation

last year, which was a hoot and furthermore a gas!

And then, after the concert, we went back to my hotel for a knightcap (as you do)

and blow me, who walked up to Reception (Heb: Kabbalah) but the drummer.

Let me rephrase:

THE drummer

I walked up to him and said (something like) Erm, ayin't you the drummer mate?

( am a Brit - I talk a bit like a cockney - shockin estauary accent the positive

The gentleman confirmed, and then it was just a whole stream of goodness as various members of the band popped up and I collectged tHear signatures on me poster

I was chuffed to bits. Me, a lowly West Ham fan (like Elijah Would in Gree St

A Hammer, gets to meat LC and the Sunshine Band

I was happy.

Makes a change!! :razz:

I roodly (not froodly) insisted they get the hell out of thereaqnd sing my poster, and they complied (nice people, innit)

But your man Leonard wasn't around. He's an elderly gent, and so probably went to get some rest earlier - weren't buzzing around.

BUT

In the morning, I was having breakfast - I was there quite early - and who should walk in but LC Himself!

WoW

I was nervous. I was edgy. I didn't want to pester him. But I wanted that man signature and if it meant doing a judo throw, pinning him to the ground and mounting like a butterfly, forcing a pen into his hand and scribbling away, then I can tell you phonies (if you really wanna know) that it saw going to happen

Tbh, I had The Edge. Over you mere mortals, that is. See, I'm a Cohen. A Kohen. Not a dreadfully observant or orthodox one (I had a bacon sandwich yesterday for the first time in my life) but nonetheless a Kohen. You know, I leveraged it to my advantage. I told him I was a Kohen, Or rather, I told him we shared a patrilineal descent.

And after that, he played nice

And I got my signature

AND I got to meet the incredibly sexy Webb sisters, AND I showed off my mini-laptop to THE MAN'S son

It was a good time

I'm going to get a manicure today. I was looking at my hands today, making the priestly Ayin sign on my left sign (and El Shaddai on tsign right

and I thought that my nails were not quite as they should b

Maaretn? You still owe me a drink, you rascal! Are you in touch with that chappie I introduced you to? I hope so.

I hope you liked my website.
2008: O2 London - July 17 | O2 London - November 13 | O2 London - November 14 | RAH London - November 17 | 2009: Antwerp - July 4 | Weybridge - July 11
Midnight Choir

Re: Met (Heb: dead) Len in hotel last year - now 2010

Post by Midnight Choir »

Aron > Sumerian for ARK

Ha Hebrew for THE

Brit
2008: O2 London - July 17 | O2 London - November 13 | O2 London - November 14 | RAH London - November 17 | 2009: Antwerp - July 4 | Weybridge - July 11
Midnight Choir

Post by Midnight Choir »

Feeling tired today.

Wholly wan.
holydove

Post by holydove »

MidnightChoir, great story - thank you for sharing it!

To answer your question, you should definitely go to a concert this year!! (Well, that was easy. . .)

I know of the Shaddai sign (I believe it's used during the priestly blessings, it's like Spock's "live long & prosper" sign, but with both hands together, palms down & thumbs touching?), but what is the Ayin sign?

Hope you are feeling rejunvenated. . .
Midnight Choir

Post by Midnight Choir »

Nice to hear from you, holydove.

I have decided, pursuant to an encouraging pm from a friend, to attend the Lille show, should I be able to secure a ticket from some fellow fan on here.

If anyone has a spare ticket for the Little show, please send me a private message and we can contract a deal, I am sure

Edit: type there. Should have been "Lille" show.
Midnight Choir

Post by Midnight Choir »

The biggest incentive for me attend just one more show (or more ;-) )

is the opportunity, perhaps, to meet Fair Lady Wendy once more

Woman from a Room - you are not going to Lille, by any chance, are you?

Sigh.

Tired at the moment. Little sleep.

We have a saying in Judaism:

He who saves one life saves the world entire.
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

nice story , and written in an unusual and refreshing style.
Cant imagine what i'd do if LC walked into the room as i ate breakfast
I hope you get to a concert this year , and you dont absolutely need to be front row centre to appreciate it !
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Midnight Choir

Post by Midnight Choir »

cohenadmirer, that's awfully congenial of you; many thanks.

It is settled! I shall be attending the Lille concert. I shall be bringing my cousin Ze(e)v, which means wolf in Hebrew. I'm the other one.

Just need un hotel et concert billets

>

Return to “The World Tour 2010”