The video screens

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Jokapaikanapina

The video screens

Post by Jokapaikanapina » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:00 pm

It seems that the bigger venues Leonard and the band have been to have had the video screens and that the smaller haven't.

I'm going to the Helsinki concert (at the Hartwall arena) with my mother and I was wondering if it will have the screens. My mother doesn't have very good eyesight and we don't exactly have the closest seats (not the furthest ones either, but further back than I would have liked to be). It would be a shame to have convinced her to get the ticket and then not have her see much. Though I hear that the 2008 Helsinki concert in the same venue did have the screens and Hartwall is a pretty big place so maybe I shouldn't be worrying?

I always enjoy the screens, whatever the venue, because I like to see the very smallest details of everything. Of course the screens will mean cameramen moving about, which won't please everybody, but I wouldn't mind :)
FanForLife

Re: The video screens

Post by FanForLife » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:28 pm

Jokapaikanapina wrote:I always enjoy the screens, whatever the venue, because I like to see the very smallest details of everything. Of course the screens will mean cameramen moving about, which won't please everybody, but I wouldn't mind :)
The camera work last night in Lissadell was excellent. There were using 6 (at least) "fixed" position cameras so no obstruction/intrusion whatsoever. Both the camera work and the editing/transitions were some of the best I have ever seen at a live event. All the time focussed, aiming at where the action was and revealing all of the details ! So a treat in store for you.

There have been screens in all of the venues I attended, with the exception of one concert which was in a 2,500 seat theatre where they weren't necessary.
2008 - dublin (kilmainham - the best, ever)
2009 - dublin (The Point) and tampa and NY(MSG) and san jose
2010 - sligo (second best) and oakland and portland and las vegas
2011 - lenny and me were resting, so we were
2012 - dublin (kilmainham again) and austin
2013 - dublin (The Point, 2 times)
2014 & 2015-enjoying the memories and saving the pennies; just in case; just in case..............
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:44 am

FanForLife wrote:
The camera work last night in Lissadell was excellent.
I agree, FanForLife, whoever was responsible for the camera work deserves great credit. The shots of the crowd taken from behind Neil Larsen were particularly beautiful.
I was talking to an American woman who said she had never seen screens at concerts in the States, which surprised me - maybe they were all in small venues. They were certainly needed in Lissadell !
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
trish

Post by trish » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:36 am

TipperaryAnn wrote:The shots of the crowd taken from behind Neil Larsen were particularly beautiful.
Ann you are so right. I couldn't get over those shots - you could even see Lissadell House in the background. But it was excellently done and didn't distract too much from Neil's mastery of the Hammond B3

Return to “The World Tour 2010”