Page 25 of 30

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, Ireland, July 31 & August 1, 2010

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:09 pm
by jdhayes
Sorry, ladydi, no message yet. I tried to send you a private message but the message I got was that I was not allowed to send a private message to this member.

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, Ireland, July 31 & August 1, 2010

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 am
by ladydi
:lol: :lol:

oh-oh..has the Forum banned me from receiving private messages? I must have done something wrong! But no...I got one a couple of days ago (whew :roll: ).

My email is ddahart@gmail.com. We'll give up on pm's! :)

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, Ireland, July 31 & August 1, 2010

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:17 pm
by gallina
Hi,
your box might be full, and if you delete some messages it could work again. Did you try it?

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, Ireland, July 31 & August 1, 2010

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:19 pm
by ladydi
Thanks Gallina,

That was the first thing I checked but I had deleted about 20 messages a couple of weeks ago. Probably just a little "gremlin" in the system! Appreciate the suggestion though.

See you in December.....maybe? :D

Diana

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, Ireland, July 31 & August 1, 2010

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:26 pm
by gallina
Oh, yes, Diana, see you in December!!!! Looking forward to know you personally. Szilvia

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, Ireland, July 31 & August 1, 201

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:36 pm
by Mikeaus
annmarie wrote:
Mikeaus wrote:The voting only proves that those who went to Templehouse did not go to either of the Leonard Cohen concerts. Had they been to see Leonard the score would have been 100% for Lissadell. The greatest concerts ever held in Ireland. :lol:
Some people seem to have been busy, Lissadel is leading again (198 vs 139) :D
Easy to see you're a Ballymote man, Mike! You spelt Templehouse as is used to be. Wonder when/why it became Temple House? I'd imagine it would also be a nice concert venue.
For me, second greatest concerts ever in Ireland. But then you didn't experience Kilmainham!
Best wishes.
Anne
You are very perceptive Annmarie. To deduce that I was from Ballymote from looking at the spelling of Templehouse, is simply amazing!

I still think the Lissadell concerts were the best ever. I accept that the Kalmainham concerts were amazing. In fact, Kilmainham was the reason I went to Lissadell. I saw fantastic Youtubes of the Kilmainham concerts and I hoped to experience that amazing atmosphere. Was it worth the trip? It was far far better. The Irish crowd were simply amazing.

On the 20th November we off to see Leonard at Hanging Rock (Australia). If we can recapture 50% of our Sligo experience, we will be in heaven.

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, Ireland, July 31 & August 1, 2010

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:05 pm
by jdhayes
If/ when Leonard comes back, I wonder will he play Lissadell or the O2?

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, Ireland, July 31 & August 1, 2010

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:45 pm
by annmarie
Mikeaus wrote:
annmarie wrote:
Mikeaus wrote:The voting only proves that those who went to Templehouse did not go to either of the Leonard Cohen concerts. Had they been to see Leonard the score would have been 100% for Lissadell. The greatest concerts ever held in Ireland. :lol:
Some people seem to have been busy, Lissadel is leading again (198 vs 139) :D
Easy to see you're a Ballymote man, Mike! You spelt Templehouse as is used to be. Wonder when/why it became Temple House? I'd imagine it would also be a nice concert venue.
For me, second greatest concerts ever in Ireland. But then you didn't experience Kilmainham!
Best wishes.
Anne
You are very perceptive Annmarie. To deduce that I was from Ballymote from looking at the spelling of Templehouse, is simply amazing!

I still think the Lissadell concerts were the best ever. I accept that the Kalmainham concerts were amazing. In fact, Kilmainham was the reason I went to Lissadell. I saw fantastic Youtubs of the Kilmainham concerts and I hoped to experience that amazing atmosphere. Was it worth the trip? It was far far better. The Irish crowd were simply amazing.

On the 20th November we off to see Leonard at Hanging Rock (Australia). If we can recapture 50% of our Sligo experience, we will be in heaven.
Mike, I have to come clean here, I'm not that perceptive after all!! I married a Ballymote man almost forty years ago and have a fair amount of knowledge of the area!!
We also saw the article in the Sligo Champion.

I hope you can recapture some of the magic on the 20th.

Best wishes,
Anne

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, Ireland, July 31 & August 1, 2010

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:48 pm
by annmarie
jdhayes wrote:If/ when Leonard comes back, I wonder will he play Lissadell or the O2?
Ah come on JD, while they were all magical nothing could beat Kilmainham!
Not that the venue matters, I'd go to Killnascully to see him. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anne

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, Ireland, July 31 & August 1, 2010

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:23 pm
by jdhayes
But would you go to Ballydehob, Annmarie?

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, Ireland, July 31 & August 1, 2010

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:54 pm
by annmarie
jdhayes wrote:But would you go to Ballydehob, Annmarie?

Yes JD, I'd even go Ballydung :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wonder if they'd have a good outdoor venue??
Anne :)

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, Ireland, July 31 & August 1, 2010

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:28 pm
by Mikeaus
Is it true, there is a proposal before the Sligo County Council to erect a statue of Leonard on O'Connell Street?

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, Ireland, July 31 & August 1, 2010

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:46 pm
by jdhayes
Let's start a campaign to invite LC back, even if it is just to have a holiday!

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, Ireland, July 31 & August 1, 201

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:45 pm
by musicmania
jdhayes wrote:Let's start a campaign to invite LC back, even if it is just to have a holiday!
I did just that when I met him in Vegas. I also said it to Robert Kory and Ed Saunders. I told Robert Ireland loves Leonard and Leonard loves Ireland and we would love to have him back even as you say just for a holiday. Just after this was when Leonard came back over to us telling us how kind we were so Robert must have told him what I said. I'll be forever grateful to him for that as that was my favourite moment of meeting Leonard and then being able to talk to him about Lissadell.

Anyway my reason for coming back to this thread is to post the following video. I was checking stuff on teletext the other day while the RTE News Review was on in the background when I heard Leonard being mentioned but the clip was over really quickly but thankfully I was able to find it on the RTE Player online and I recorded it from my laptop screen with my phone. It is only a few seconds long but I like the choice of words and the fact that RTE included it in their review of the year! :D I also like the fact that the unmentionable act from the previous night was not mentioned :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5yTdlh1JHw

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, Ireland, July 31 & August 1, 201

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:31 pm
by jdhayes
Good on you msicmania! Did you also tell him that I was his biggest fan and have been since 1967? Happy New Year!