CONCERT REPORT: Salzburg, Austria, July 27, 2010

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Juraj Mucko

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Salzburg, Austria, July 27, 2010

Post by Juraj Mucko »

liverpoolken wrote: I have a feeling that Juraj's brilliant audio recording of Salzburg is going to be the definitive recording for this tour...
Please give me a couple more days to edit it properly.
So far I have gotten in into pretty good shape by supressing the applause which was 20dB louder than the music itself.
Now I'm working on an equalizer that will filter it out some more. Of course, it can be applied only in between songs where there is no music.
Also, I'm working on an equalizer to filter out beeps from my Panasonic camera. There are 600-700 of these beeps because I didn't realize that they are loud enough to be recorded. My mic's hearing is obviously better than my own.

Now that I've learned a thing or two more about live recording I think that Ljubljana recording will be better.
Unless Slovenian crowd gets too loud as there was in Zagreb.
Do you think that it would be inappropriate to bring a 5 meter fishing stick for the mic?
Anyway, during the Ljubljana soundcheck we might get friends with the sound engineer and I always have a set of cables in my pocket. :)

Juraj
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Juraj Mucko wrote: Do you think that it would be inappropriate to bring a 5 meter fishing stick for the mic?

Juraj
We went to an Allman Bros concert in New York where people were doing just that. In fact, some were erecting complicated scaffolding arrangements for their mics .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Juraj Mucko

Post by Juraj Mucko »

Mabeanie1 wrote: Juraj Mucko wrote:Do you think that it would be inappropriate to bring a 5 meter fishing stick for the mic?

Juraj

We went to an Allman Bros concert in New York where people were doing just that. In fact, some were erecting complicated scaffolding arrangements for their mics .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I expect that "the warm smell of collitas was rising up through the air"
Even security got a fair share so they weren't so keen to watch out and dod their job. :)
I speak from my own experience from Carlos Santana concert in late 90-ties before his pop revival.
The air was so thick with marijuana smoke that everybody cried and most people were stoned against their own will.
Not that I'm against getting stoned.

Juraj
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

DrHGuy has provided an MP3 of the Salzburg "Feels So Good" at his blog this morning - taken from Tom's video.
http://1heckofaguy.com/

Thanks Allan & Tom.

Editing - Allan also has an MP3 of "Born In Chains" - taken from Maarten's video -
http://1heckofaguy.com/2010/07/30/born- ... ackground/

Thanks!
Last edited by sturgess66 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Juraj Mucko wrote:
Mabeanie1 wrote: Juraj Mucko wrote:Do you think that it would be inappropriate to bring a 5 meter fishing stick for the mic?

Juraj

I expect that "the warm smell of collitas was rising up through the air"Juraj

Were you there too?? :lol:

Wendy
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Juraj

You are doing yourself a disservice...your recording is one of the best I have heard of a Leonard Cohen concert.
I know we disagree about the subject of the level of audience noise...I still prefer the audience to be heard at the level it was recorded at......perhaps not the best thing to listen to on headphones I know....but I only use headphones when I'm on the move...never at home....

...I have already split your Salzburg recording into tracks and was almost tempted to reduce the inbetween audience noise, but for me that would would need far too much patience.....when I use to do a bit of editing a few years ago I was never ever satisfied with the fade-ins and fades-out...you definitely need the patience of a saint which although I am of a saintly nature I don't have the accompanying patience......I have posted Tom a mp3 of Born in Chains with the audience deleted from both ends of the track.......

You always tell me what a clever chap you are and my god you have proved to be just that with this recording...and amazingly I far as I know not one vagina was used in the recording of this show.....now there's an idea for the artwork........

ta ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Juraj Mucko

Post by Juraj Mucko »

liverpoolken wrote:Juraj

You are doing yourself a disservice...your recording is one of the best I have heard of a Leonard Cohen concert.
I know we disagree about the subject of the level of audience noise...I still prefer the audience to be heard at the level it was recorded at......perhaps not the best thing to listen to on headphones I know....but I only use headphones when I'm on the move...never at home....
Nevertheless, I will try to improve it some more.
The version that you have already has applause attenuated by 10dB at least.
There are only some 30 applauses that I will process.
And I need to go through the whole thing and attenuate this annoying sound of my camera focusing. There are 600 of these.
With good speakers you can clearly hear the guy two chairs to the left from me shooting his big Nikon SLR.

Jura
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Yeah, this audience recording really shows that the Salzburg audience sat there in complete & dedicated silence. You could hear a needle drop... and 600 bleeps from Juraj's camera:P

Now, you guys, let's agree about it: is Ken doing artwork & CDs from the original tape which he already splitted, or from Juraj's improved tape (with applause leveled)?
Juraj Mucko

Post by Juraj Mucko »

tomsakic wrote:Yeah, this audience recording really shows that the Salzburg audience sat there in complete & dedicated silence. You could hear a needle drop... and 600 bleeps from Juraj's camera:P

Now, you guys, let's agree about it: is Ken doing artwork & CDs from the original tape which he already splitted, or from Juraj's improved tape (with applause leveled)?
I see no point in anybody agreeing on anything that they have no clue about.
Reminds me of elections. :)
There is one version that has been heard by Ken, you and me and another version that even I haven't heard yet because I haven't done it yet.
So Ken might do the artwork now because track sequence will remain and I will submit the new version to you and him by tomorrow night so that it can be delivered to Krakow in time.

Juraj
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

A selection of pictures from the after-concert meetup at Salzburger Hof now here in the Gallery:
http://cohen.1g.fi/kuvat/After-concert% ... 7,%202010/
(Photos by Eija and Andrea)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Juraj Mucko wrote:track sequence will remain and I will submit the new version to you and him by tomorrow night so that it can be delivered to Krakow in time.
Hey, what a nice surprise, a wonderful bonus. I can hardly wait. The Krakow Event just keeps getting better and better! :D

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
Susy

Post by Susy »

..... if it be your will to let me sing .....

and from the bottom of my heart I would like to say it loud and clear.....
Thank You Leonard for this so beautiful Concert in Salzburg
Attachments
!internet30.jpg
!internet31.jpg
Susy
Susy

Post by Susy »

Good Night Friends !
Attachments
!internet40.jpg
!internet41.jpg
Susy
Wimmer

Post by Wimmer »

Hey Susy! :D
Thank your for the wounderful pictures. There are so great.Thanks for the wounderful 2 days. :D :D :razz:
Hi Forum friends!

Maarten thank you so much for this wounderful Video for the new song. And the other forum members. Was nice to meet all together-
Looking forward to the Krakow Event.

And Mr.Cohen and the Band Members Thank you for this amazing Concert in Salzburg. It wil be unforgettable.

Marina
longmayyourun

Post by longmayyourun »

still deeply impressed by mr. cohens and the bands performance.
thank you mr. cohen. you make the world a better place to be.
Attachments
IMG_3904 - Kopie ,klein.jpg

Return to “The World Tour 2010”