CONCERT REPORT: Salzburg, Austria, July 27, 2010

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Juraj Mucko

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Salzburg, Austria, July 27, 2010

Post by Juraj Mucko »

Hello All

Pictures from the Salzburg concert are now available at
http://mucko.com/juraj/LCSalzburg/index.html

Audio, upon post processing in Audacity, will be available to select audiences.

Juraj
parro85

Post by parro85 »

thanks Mucko, beautiful photos!

is possible to have the photos without the watermark of your site?

regards
holydove

Post by holydove »

Jarkko, thank you so much for posting the setlist; but that list of alternates is tugging at my heart!!

Lullaby, One Of Us Cannot be Wrong, That Don't Make It Junk, Avalanche - OMC!! How I would LOVE to see him do those songs live!! But, of course, anything The Man does is fine with me. . . like the Israelis said in 1972 - ". . .He can just stand there; we'll sing to him. . ."

Thank you, Mr. Leonard Cohen, for "everything (you've) ever said" & everything you've ever done!! And welcome back, welcome back, welcome back. . .
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

tomsakic wrote:We have full MP3 recording of the both shows in high quality. Only problem is too loud applause. Salzburg rec. is great as there was silence during the songs, clapping can probably easily be remixed, while Zagreb rec. is not quite an audiophile heaven, but the living evidence of the people giving themselves to him.
How can we get these? Will you be making them available online (or, here on the forum)?
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

jarkko wrote:All songs in the main list except The Darkness were performed, and in this order.
Thank you Jarkko for posting a photo of the actual paper stagelist/setlist. Much appreciated.

Is there already, or will there be, an LC site where one can drill down on a name of a song to see the places and dates where LC has performed a particular song? That facility is offered by several fan pages, Dylan for one.

As Leonard himself wrote, "Hey, why not ask for more?"

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
astranger

Post by astranger »

I'm sure I read that Feels So Good was played with different lyrics. Is there no confirmation/audio/video of this one?
Jake.........Durham, NC 11-3-09; Brooklyn, NY 12-20-12
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

astranger wrote:I'm sure I read that Feels So Good was played with different lyrics. Is there no confirmation/audio/video of this one?
I read the same thing - somewhere - astranger - new verses to "Feels So Good." And I am hoping for video as well.

Not much video so far from either Salzburg or Ganz. *Sigh* But it might show up. Some of the shows are "tricky" - surprises happen when people have let down their guard. LOL :lol: (Or put down their cameras!)
Last edited by sturgess66 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

In Salzburg it had new lines, at least one brand new verse, methinks. Have to check mp3.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Few observations:

Take This Waltz - in second repeat of the verse, the tail was line was alternated with an old 1998 line, rarely used: "dragging its ass in the sea".

Everybody Knows: in Zagreb it was "sacred heart", in Salzburg "mighty heart"; both times LC crossed the heart with his finger.

In Zagreb, there was brand new line change in Everybody Knows, possibly due to Leonard's mistake as he was kneeling in front of Javier, it seemed improvised at the moment (few words omitted and the rhyme saved in the last moment). I will look for it on recordings.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Juraj Mucko wrote:Hello All

Pictures from the Salzburg concert are now available at
http://mucko.com/juraj/LCSalzburg/index.html

Juraj
Had to notice this one...

Susanne01

Post by Susanne01 »

Dear Mr. Cohen and Mr. Mas
The following picture from the venue in Salzburg is incomplete. It yearns for your presence on it. :)
Susanne01.jpg
But if it be our lot, there will be more chances for a short encounter. In the meantime I'll be working on a cure for love day and night, particularly during night time :)
So many thanks for looking at me in Salzburg and smiling.
Let me also thank you for singing and playing my namesake in Antwerp so beautifully.
I'll always come back.
Yours very sincerely
Susanne from Austria
astranger

Post by astranger »

tomsakic wrote:In Salzburg it had new lines, at least one brand new verse, methinks. Have to check mp3.
where can one find the recording?
Jake.........Durham, NC 11-3-09; Brooklyn, NY 12-20-12
mnkyface

Post by mnkyface »

Susanne, this is probably my favorite first-post I have seen on this forum. Welcome! (and I hope your picture is filled in someday...) :)
Susanne01 wrote:Dear Mr. Cohen and Mr. Mas
The following picture from the venue in Salzburg is incomplete. It yearns for your presence on it. :)
Susanne01.jpg
But if it be our lot, there will be more chances for a short encounter. In the meantime I'll be working on a cure for love day and night, particularly during night time :)
So many thanks for looking at me in Salzburg and smiling.
Let me also thank you for singing and playing my namesake in Antwerp so beautifully.
I'll always come back.
Yours very sincerely
Susanne from Austria
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Post by majmunka »

I forgot to mention the nice surprise Salzburg arranged for us: there were no first and second rows which means that our fifth row tickets were actually in the 3rd row :D I appreciated it very much.
My photos of the concert and the meet-up are uploaded here: http://picasaweb.google.hu/117145477644 ... 10Salzburg#
Eva
johnny7moons

Post by johnny7moons »

A question for those who've attended Salzburg or the other 2010 concerts so far - it seems as though the setlists aren't significantly different this year (apart from the presence of a couple of new songs), but I'm curious to know whether Mr C's between-song patter has changed at all, or whether he's still using the lines we know and love ("just a kid with a crazy dream", "cheerfulness kept breaking through", "don't stop - don't ever stop", "don't catch a cold", etc.). Anybody spotted any new gags, asides or epigrams between the songs this time around?

Return to “The World Tour 2010”