Ghent nametags: info and subscriptions

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
marjan

Re: Ghent nametags: info and subscriptions

Post by marjan »

Thank you, Arlene. My own design, based on the unified hearts obviously. Now online with a little help from my friends... ;-)
Marjan
2009 Antwerp - Barcelona 2010 Ghent - Lille - Dortmund 2012 Ghent - Amsterdam
colia

Post by colia »

Hello Martin,

I'm verry happy with the result. Its good for my namebadge too.
Looking forward to meet you in Gent.

Kind regards,
Lia
Wybe
Site Admin

Post by Wybe »

Hi Maarten,

You can add Willy and Wybe to your list, for 1,2,3,4,5.

Thanks for all your work,
W&W
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi,
My list on the second message has been updated!
I haven't found the time yet to go to Ghent and look for a place to meet up, but will do so early July... I'll keep you all informed!

@Willy & Wybe: are you not going to the 3th concert???
@Lia: glad I could help you out with your avatar!

Take care,
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Monique1

Post by Monique1 »

Hi Maarten,

Please add our names:
Antoine, Antoine Gansbeke, Gent, Belgium,attending 1,2,3,5
Monique1,Monique De Wispelaere, Gent, Belgium, attending 1,2,3,5

Thanks in advance
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi all,
I have finally updated the list on the second message of this thread! Also, I have ordered the lanyards for the Gent meetups and concerts and they will cost 3 EUR each (including nametag of course). Payment can be done cash when we meet (either at a concert or during a meetup, ...).

See you all soon,
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Caren

Post by Caren »

Hi Maarten,

only just seen this. Will send you an email today. Hopefully this is not too late yet.
Those tags are looking great. Very well designed!

It's great you are doing all this for us. Thanx a lot!

See you there... On all three dates. yeah :D

- Caren
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
basecamp

Post by basecamp »

Hi Maarten!
Much appreciated what ya doing for us cohenites! Thx!
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Maarten wrote:I haven't found the time yet to go to Ghent and look for a place to meet up, but will do so early July... I'll keep you all informed!
Hi all,
I updated my list on the second message: we've got 65 participants so far!
- 33 people attending meetup on Friday
- 47 people attending the 1st concert
- 32 people attending meetup on Saturday
- 30 people attending 2nd concert
- 21 people attending meetup on Sunday
- 25 people attending 3rd concert

About the meetups: I have been to Ghent a couple of times to decide where we can have the meetups, but things are really hectic in Ghent right now because of the "Gentse Feesten" that are about to start. (annual street festival, very important to Ghent!). Most bars I have contacted can't garantee a "reservered" place for us because they count on lots of tourists to fill their seats at that time. I initially wanted to find a place close to the St-Peter's Square to make things easy, but then I changed my mind and wanted a meetup place in the Old City Center, which is the most beautiful place of course. It looks like that won't be possible (no reservations accepted anywhere), so I'm considering picking a place close to the venue again (a small local brewery), but they told me to "come back after the Gentse Feesten were finished... So I won't be able to give a definitive location until the first week of August. It's only a 20 minute walk from the venue to the Old City Center, so that won't be a problem for most of us, I think.

It will most probably be "De Gruut".

Check their website:
http://www.gruut.be/

I suggest meetups start around 3pm upto 6 or 7pm (at the latest), because most of us would like to have something to eat before going to the concert! Of course we can have something to eat together, but I will not be making reservations for that (I can't give exact numbers...). Of course you don't have to be at the meetup all the time! Feel free to come over whenever you like!

See you all soon,
Maarten

Caren

Post by Caren »

Thanks for all your efforts, Maarten.

I am sure we will be fine at the brewery. Just checked their site which sounds quite promising...

The beer is unique and especially healthy because of the use of special spices (gruit) instead of hop.

hmmm... and so looking forward to seeing some familiar faces again - and meeting new ones :)
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

Hi Maarten,

I have just bought a ticket to see Leonard in Ghent on 22nd August from another Forum member, so I am very excited.

Please can I have a name tag for the meet up on that date?

I will have been driving around Europe for a couple of weeks before that (since before Krakow and after) so picking up info from the Forum will be more difficult. I'll make a note of the meet up venue before I leave home at end July and will try to check in from time to time to see if it is still the same.

Thanks for being such a nice person and organising the name tags and meet up in Ghent.
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

Just back online after pesky little computer issues.
I'm hoping (with my husband) to attend Ghent on Saturday August 21st - should know in next day or two...... not too late to join the meetup I hope???

Regards,
Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

@Suemerlyn and @Joyezekiel:

Both of you will be included for the specific meetups. Please send me your full info (forumname, first name, surname, city, country) so I can make you nametags. Also include the details of your husband, Joy!

MEETUP:
The "Gentse Feesten" are still going on, so no update regarding the meetup place, but I'm about 99% sure that it will be "De Gruut". (see one of my previous posts)

Maarten

joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

About 95% sure we'll be there for the Saturday concert - if we can't make the Saturday we will try to do the Sunday. So could you include us for both days please?

joyezekiel
Joy and Mark Ezekiel, Magnolia, TX, USA
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
lmc

Post by lmc »

Hi maarten

here are my details:

lmc – Luis – Paris, France - attending 1,2,3,4,6

Thanks for all you are doing!
Regards
Luis
2008: Lyon / Lisbon / Nice / Vienna x2 / Paris x 3
2009: Nantes / Paris / Lisbon / Colmar / Nimes / Barcelona
2010: Gent x 3 / Lisboa / Strasbourg / Tours / Lille