Salzburg meet up

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
liverpoolken

Salzburg meet up

Postby liverpoolken » Wed May 19, 2010 3:16 pm

I thought I would try to find out what forum members are actually attending the Salzburg concert.

If you are attending and would like to meet up with us before and after the concert then please add your name to the list.

Without reading back through old threads I already have these names in my head……

Jarkko & Eija – Finland
Tom Sakic – Croatia
Juraj Mucko and wife – Croatia
Joe and Anne Way – Wisconsin
Andrea and Marco – Italy
Marina – Austria
Eva – Hungary
Suzanne – Czech Republic
Judy Remy – France (I think is coming)
Ken Forsyth – UK
Harald – Germany
Frauke - Germany (Bavaria really)

So If you are attending and would like to meet up with us before or after the concert then please add your name to the list.

I'm driving up from Zagreb after attending the Zagreb concert with Tom and Juraj on the day of the concert but I'm not too sure when everybody else is arriving.

Despite the absent of Henning’s name from the list it still looks to be quite an interesting and exclusive international cross section of forum members

A number of us are staying at the hotel Annex-der Salzburger Hof which as the name implies is by the station. From the information I have it would seem that this hotel is about a 20/30 minute walk from the arena. So until somebody comes up with an alternative idea perhaps I could suggest for the time being we meet up in this hotel sometime in the afternoon and then either stay there or walk up somewhere nearer the arena for a drink and something to eat before the concert. It’s only early days at the moment so this is only a suggestion. Btw the hotel has free parking.

Unfortunately unlike the Sligo information pages we cannot at the moment supply emergency numbers for dentists, doctors,chiropractors, chiropodists, personal trainers, picture framers or dog walkers……..

.......but what I do have is a google map plotting the walk from the hotel to the arena…according to google it’s a walking distance of 2.6 km with an estimated walking time of 31 minutes in google time which means 20 minutes even to my old legs……

click to enlarge...........
sal1.jpg

also Andrea has 3 spare tickets for this concert

I have 3 good tickets to sell at face value (139 Euro + mailing costs) for the Salzburg concert 27 th july in the 8th row on the right parterre (block) (seat nr 3-4-5 )
If someone is interested please let a message in this thread or pm mail to me.
Andrea

STILL AVAILABLE ! also separately, not necessary all three
ta ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
liverpoolken

Re: Salzburg meet up

Postby liverpoolken » Wed May 19, 2010 3:28 pm

I forget to mention the virualtourist site.......

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Eu ... zburg.html

whenever I'm visiting somewhere for the first time I've always found this site very helpful.
It's compiled solely by fellow travellers......scroll down you will find everything you need to know about bars, places to eat, transport places to visit etc. etc. and very importantly all you need to know about tourist traps and scams

ta ken
Last edited by liverpoolken on Wed May 19, 2010 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Wed May 19, 2010 3:38 pm

liverpoolken wrote:I thought I would try to find out what forum members are actually attending the Salzburg concert.

If you are attending and would like to meet up with us before and after the concert then please add your name to the list.

Without reading back through old threads I already have these names in my head……

Jarkko & Eija – Finland
Tom Sakic – Croatia
Andrea and Marco – Italy
Marina – Austria
Eva – Hungary
Suzanne – Czech Republic
Judy Remy – France (I think is coming)
Ken Forsyth – UK
Harald – Germany
Wendy & Tony Marshall - UK (Mabeanie1 & Raincoat)
Thanks for starting this Ken. I knew a few people were travelling to Salzburg for the show but I did not realise just how many familiary names there would be! We will be driving from Zagreb on the Monday then staying in the Salzburg area for a few days after the show. Because we will have the car with us (a legacy of the ash cloud problems in April when Tony threw all my plans for taking planes and trains out of the window!) we decided to stay a few miles outside Salzburg but, hopefully, we will still be able to meet up with everybody.

Wendy
liverpoolken

Postby liverpoolken » Wed May 19, 2010 3:50 pm

Wendy

You will have to keep your eyes open for details of the Zagreb meet up...I know Tom Juraj and the rest of the Croation team will plan something special...they arranged a great evening for us all in Zagreb's Sax Club ( ie Sex Club) last March when Henning was able to fulfil a lifetime ambition by performing solo in a sex club............ I think Joe and Anne are also planning a few days in the area before they head over to Krakow for the event.

ta ken
majmunka

Postby majmunka » Wed May 19, 2010 4:30 pm

Things will be quite crazy but I can't wait :)
I'll go to Zagreb (or Ljubljana*) first, travel back to Hungary the next day (or directly to Salzburg, not sure about that yet), pick up a friend and take a train to Salzburg. From there to Vienna maybe by the night train at 2 a.m. after the concert, I'll leave my friend in Vienna and head to Graz the next day ... *headdesk*
It will be nice to meet you all in Zagreb and/or Salzburg. I'm counting the days. (67 until Zagreb)
Eva

* I have no real ticket but a voucher for bus transport + ticket from Ljubljana which would be a waste of time and makes me worry a bit but I couldn't resist a standing ticket to the VIP sector instead of my sad tribune seat (as I missed the presale).
Maarten

Postby Maarten » Wed May 19, 2010 8:23 pm

Ken,
Please add my name to the list:
Maarten Massa (Maarten) - Sint-Niklaas, Belgium

I think Willy and Wybe will be there too, no...? I'm still looking for cheap flights from Brussels to Salzburg (and back!), but perhaps I can get a ride with someone heading to Salzburg for the concert? I'll contact Wybe and see what their traveling plans are.

Maarten

@Ken: if you want to see my 2 kids before they will be sold, come to the first Ghent concert and check the first row for 2 adorable boys, one handsome mother and a young looking dad with a hat. The kids both have a price tag around their necks (there's a 10% discount if you buy them by the pair).

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Joe Way

Postby Joe Way » Wed May 19, 2010 10:53 pm

It is wonderful that more people are coming to Salzburg! Anne & I plan to fly into Munich on July 26th and will probably spend the night there to get acclimated and take the train the next day to Salzburg (or perhaps rent a car). I haven't booked flights yet so this could change depending on whether we can get a better deal. We had such a wonderful time with so many of you in Barcelona and it will also gave us a chance to explore a little before we go to Krakow.

Ken, thanks so much for starting the thread.

We can hardly wait!

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
tigrib

Postby tigrib » Wed May 19, 2010 11:01 pm

Conny and Birgit will be in Salzburg too :)
2008 Berlin, Hamburg, Oberhausen, Cologne, Berlin, Colmar, Barcelona, Las Vegas, San Jose, Salzburg, Berlin, Strasbourg, Marseille, Dortmund, Stuttgart, Las Vegas 2010
2012 Ghent (x2), Berlin, Moenchengladbach, Lisbon
2013 Berlin ... Pula ... ?
liverpoolken

Postby liverpoolken » Wed May 19, 2010 11:07 pm

Maarten

Forgive me I had no idea that my second favourite Belgian would be joining us all in Salzburg

Unfortunately our very good friends Willy & Wjbe are not coming to Salzburg….I know they are definitely booked up for Lille and Ghent and i think they are desperately still hoping for an Amsterdam concert ……so you may have to sell at least one of your children earlier than think to cover the airfare to Salzburg…

……talking of children…… my life has changed dramatically since our original discussions in Venice concerning the matter of buying one of your children …... I have now bought myself a second goldfish, so far unnamed, as a companion for my original goldfish Dylan.......,so with all the extra responsibilities that this addition to the forsyth household is having on both my time and finances i'm afaid it's no longer an option for me to even think about bringing up another man’s child……..anyways my local child catcher warned not to even think of ever buying a Belgian child….

……….apparently all they do is sit up in their bedrooms all day reading Hergé's the Adventures of Tintin, stuffing themselves with very expensive Belgian chocolates whilst playing Jacques Brel too loudly on the hi-fi……
……why don’t you buy Andrea’s spare tickets and bring them along to Salzburg with you….and after the concert you could perhaps sell them off to the Von Trapp family for a good price…

.....anyways as always it will be good to see you...with or without your little Belgians

updated list of Salzburg friends……

Jarkko & Eija – Finland
Tom Sakic – Croatia
Andrea and Marco – Italy
Jutta – Andrea’s sister
Marinella Cutuli – Italy
Marina – Austria
Eva (majmunka) – Hungary
Suzanne – Czech Republic
Ken Forsyth – UK
Harald – Germany
Wendy (Mabeani1) and Tony –- UK
Maarten Massa - Belgium
Connie and Brigit (tigrib) - Germany
tinderella

Postby tinderella » Thu May 20, 2010 11:27 pm

Ken you really made me laugh with what you said about the Sligo thread... i had to put my tuppence worth in there too.
MaryB

Postby MaryB » Fri May 21, 2010 12:56 am

Duly noted Bernie :lol: :lol: :lol: and what do you mean you're not going to Sligo :cry:

Ooops, I hope I don't get in trouble cause I'm in the wrong thread :razz: :lol:
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
liverpoolken

Postby liverpoolken » Fri May 21, 2010 3:26 am

MaryB wrote:Ooops, I hope I don't get in trouble cause I'm in the wrong thread :
mary.........you know are more than welcome to contribute to this thread anytime you wish although i do detect a certain amount of 'personal fun interaction' in your previous post so please remember that these meetup threads must not be treated merely as 'chat' threads......btw for our salzburg friends i now have the full list of all the safe pedestrian road crossings between the railway station and the arena also i'm currently in daily contact with the salzburg chamber of commerce for a list of all kosher and halal butchers, mousetrap suppliers and organic ice cream sellers (all flavours) .....more info soon.....ta ken
MaryB

Postby MaryB » Fri May 21, 2010 8:38 am

Mmmmmm, yummy - now I really wish I was going to Salzburg. May I have the address of the mousetrap supplier - just in case?
Bernie - the lure of a free ticket not doing it for you?
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Fri May 21, 2010 10:24 am

Ken

Could you possibly arrange for a souvenir medallion to be designed and cast in solid gold for attendees at the meet up?

If the design is a success, Joe could take it away and arrange for it to be moulded in cheese for the Madison event in 2012.

Wendy
Henning

Postby Henning » Fri May 21, 2010 11:16 am

I already regret that I haven't booked for Salzburg. There are my kind of people at the meetup. Great show, Ken - as always. Let's resumee in Krakow if everything went according to your plan. Do I detect a long hidden organising talent in you that remains shy below surface as long as Dave comes up with his suggestions ?
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula

Return to “The World Tour 2010”