My first time...

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
rocketqueen

My first time...

Postby rocketqueen » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:01 pm

I am one of thoes who got Leonard Cohen in by breastmilk! My mum sees him as God!! So in august I'm gonna see him for the first time in my 22 years of living and I cant wait. I feel that seeing hm in concert is gonna top everything else in my life.

So, tell me how you felt when you saw The Man in action for the first time! Was itr overwhelming? Emotional? I kinda have a hinch that Im gonna shead a few tears...

RQ
Malmö, Sweden - August 4th 2010 - see you then Mr. Cohen
mnkyface

Re: My first time...

Postby mnkyface » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:42 pm

Have a great time! Where are you seeing him?

It's so hard to describe. I thought I would cry, and didn't really, except for a few songs (in which he spoke of my mystery :lol: ). At the first show it was actually difficult to "get in touch with" my feelings (blech! hate that phrase, but it applies here)... because I felt this huge adrenalin surge, almost like I was the one performing. I think I'd never been so emotionally invested in a show (and never will be again). It is overwhelming... and emotional... and just plain fun. It's everything, actually. ;-)
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Postby lizzytysh » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:29 am

Welcome, rocketqueen :D !

I'm so extremely happy that you will be seeing Leonard. There was a time when so many of us dreamed that would not be possible. Especially with the younger generations [of which you clearly are], it seemed beyond anything remotely possible. I'm happy that you are seizing the day. You will forever be happy you went. Always.

So, now, before we're taken on a trip together... to a different section of the Forum [don't take it personally when you find your thread no longer here, but posted elsewhere... it happens all the time, as the moderators try to keep things somewhat organized here ;-) ], I'll share that when I first saw Leonard [my initial time, many years ago] and decades later [my most recent 'first' time], I found myself instinctively sitting straight and taut and holding my breath a lot... none of it intentional, I would just realize that's what I was doing. A posture of disbelief and a feeling of reverence. Please let us know how you experience him. Through your mother's breastmilk... what better way to find him a part of your life 8) .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Susy

Postby Susy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:47 pm

Hi rocketqueen,
in Aug. when you will see Leonard the very first time...you will just love him...
you will love his singing,talking,and "dancing"on stage...you will love all the people
around you,singing and clapping, and belive me, you will never ever forget your
very first time!
You will go home with a new happy, loving feeling in your heart, and if you will keep this feeling then Leonard
will always be a part of your very own life!

Just be yourself and enjoy :D
Greetings... Susanne
Susy
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:14 am

Wonderful comments and advice from Susanne for you, rocketqueen 8) .

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
reverandH

Postby reverandH » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:28 am

I saw him in 2008 for the first time, I was 23. As for myself I have to say it was certainly one of the best concerts I have ever been. It gave me chills almost all of the 3 hours that it lasted.

It's common that when you anticipate something very much there's a good chance of disappointment, but in this case it really was at least as great as I had waited =)

Good comments and descriptions earlier!
Waiting for the miracle... ...and the miracle came.
Maulwurf

Postby Maulwurf » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:09 am

rocketqueen,

imagine the following situation:

the stage is darkened, one single light shining down on an old man wearing a fine suit who holds a guitar.
he starts to play - nothing! you know that he' s playing because you do see it happen. but there' s just no sound.
you then recognize a person approaching the old man from the dark behind him. that person plugs in the cable which connects the guitar to the amplifier. the guitar echoes in the hall.*applause* the old man turns around and lifts his hat for the friendly helper who disappeared into the dark again.

do you think this is trivial?
then be prepared for some triviality which may cause an inexplicable burst of emotion! ;-)

how many "first times" will there be for you?

greetings
LeeSen

My 4th time

Postby LeeSen » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:45 pm

I was so happy when I found out that Mr Cohen is coming ton Finland. Now I'm a happy owner of two tickets to his concert in Helsinki.
rocketqueen

Postby rocketqueen » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:40 pm

Thank you all so much for sharing your experiances and for welcoming me to the forum.

I will be seeing him on the 4th of august in Malmö, Sweden...so still af few months till the big moment, but I'm certain they will fly by.
I can only imagin how it will be to see him live when I think about how emotional one can get just by listening to him on the stereo.

I promise to update you all when I've seen him.

Once again, thank you,
Malmö, Sweden - August 4th 2010 - see you then Mr. Cohen
Amrei

Postby Amrei » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:08 am

Hi rocketqueen,

so I will se you in Malmø then. :D

The first time I saw Leonard Cohen live was in Århus 1988. The concert was sold out within 10 minutes and I never got a chance to buy tickets. So I phone the venue for three weeks every day at the same time until they pitied me so much :oops: , that they took 2 tickets back, somebody couldn´t use (which they NEVER do) just to get rid of me. :oops:
I did not care - it was a wonderful, magical evening and I will never ever forget it.

So my children also have been listening to Leonard Cohen's wonderful songs since they were babies.

See you in Malmø then. :D

Amrei
2009: Berlin 02.07.
2010: Hannover 27.09.; Dortmund 29.09.
2012: Copenhagen 25.08.; Aalborg 26.08.; Berlin 05.09.
2013: Hamburg 14.07.
Maulwurf

Postby Maulwurf » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:19 am

rocketqueen,

i wish you an evening filled with moments to build memories on.
memories which you need to tell us of!

the more i think about it, the more i regret that i cancelled my own plans for malmo.

amrei,

see you in hanover or dortmund! ;-)

greetings
coolcohen1

Postby coolcohen1 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:04 am

rocketqueen wrote:I am one of thoes who got Leonard Cohen in by breastmilk! My mum sees him as God!! So in august I'm gonna see him for the first time in my 22 years of living and I cant wait. I feel that seeing hm in concert is gonna top everything else in my life.

So, tell me how you felt when you saw The Man in action for the first time! Was itr overwhelming? Emotional? I kinda have a hinch that Im gonna shead a few tears...

RQ
overwhelming? Emotional?

i cant tell you because there are not words enough in the world and in my english :) to describe the feeling i got inside.
I was a Fan of Mr. Cohen for many many years my biggest dream was to see him irl person, but i was sure it would never gonna happen.
one day at the gym my freind called me on the fone she told me she had heard He would be touring and i said to her thats a bad joke, there had in the year before been so many speuculations about him and making a new cd going on tour writing a new novel so i told her i did not belive her,,,,,,,,,,she told me thenn it was one of ouer major newspaper that wrot it. And then the world stod still and i was crying i could not talk to her anymore and had to leave the gym......FINALY He cam FINALY

at the concerts
i was crying like a littel baby and i could not stop and it was soo wild i stod there betwn man and woman young and old and not ONE check was dry so it is difficil to describe how you are gonna reackt, but belive me it is GREATE and you are gonna react but everyone different i think.......i am going to my concert nr 11 i sweeden and i am SO HAPPY be carefull you are gonna fall in love
3 times in denmark 3 times in germany 1 in sweden 1 in norway
Concerts 2010 2 times in sweden 1 in Denmark and thenn we take Berlin
And now alsoo going to stuttgard is life not just beutifull ??

http://coolcohen.blogspot.com/
howthelightgetsin

Postby howthelightgetsin » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:00 am

Hi Rocketqueen :)

The first time I saw Leonard although I already had a lot of respect for him this increased ten fold and yes I did feel teary and I'm not the type to feel teary easily(not a girly girl) I don't think I'll ever see another music concert that will live up to the Leonard ones I've been lucky to attend. Enjoy your concert,all of us here know you will :)
Aymi Derham photography - http://www.flickr.com/takenby1
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:16 am

Hello Rocketqueen,

For someone who has just joined, you seem to have found the right niche and elicited responses from some of the creme de la creme of the Forum!

May I add my welcome! To see Leonard live is to witness a moment in time that will never be repeated. Each time is different, and this is only within the last couple of years....not even touching the 40 plus years of his amazing career. His humility, gentleness, sense of humour....and sizzling sensuality (oh yeah, it's there!) will blow you away. Most of all though it is the words...it all began with the words....the poetry. The melodies and the incredible combination of talent and artistry in the musicians that he shares the stage with is beyond description. But it is the words that will rip into your heart and reach deep into your soul....bring tears to your eyes...and fill you with joy.

He stands alone.

I will miss meeting you, but you will be very fortunate to meet with Amrei in Malmo! We look forward to hearing of your experience.

All the best,
Diana
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:35 am

Wonderful continuing messages to you, rocketqueen. Take heed. You will find them valid. Wonderful words, Diana. I love your:

He stands alone.

[Great plan, Amrei, albeit it wasn't begun as one ;-) .]
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “The World Tour 2010”