Is it possible to get a back stage pass.

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
manleyj

Is it possible to get a back stage pass.

Post by manleyj »

To anyone out there, as well as the Dublin concerts, I have flown to Canada and Spain in the last 2 years to see Mr Cohen. Is there any possible way of getting a back stage pass for the Sligo concert in the hope of meeting the great man ?

Thanks

J
Wybe
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to get a back stage pass.

Post by Wybe »

by manleyj » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:41 pm

To anyone out there, as well as the Dublin concerts, I have flown to Canada and Spain in the last 2 years to see Mr Cohen. Is there any possible way of getting a back stage pass for the Sligo concert in the hope of meeting the great man ?
No thats not possible manleyj :cry:

Wijbe
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

manleyj wrote: Is there any possible way of getting a back stage pass for the Sligo concert in the hope of meeting the great man ?
LMAO... :lol: :lol: :lol:
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

I think I remember that Bono wondered the same thing in Monte Carlo last year. No dice. :lol:
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi J ~

Welcome to the Forum with your wish that so many of us share. Leonard's schedule is so full and his attention to his work so divine that his concerts are marked by all that his particular level of focus entails. Long practice sessions, details perfected, time alone, performance, and rest. He just doesn't go the route of fan interaction, anymore. When he meets people, he gives too much in spite of himself and his own needs, so the most effective way to manage that is to not interact with fans on any basis other than serendipity.

If you should run into him somewhere, he'll be cordial, autograph, speak or converse with you a bit, and allow a photo or two. You can come here and blithely mention it or outright brag. We'll be happy for you and either share our own experiences or continue to hope for the same one day. I wish you the best toward a chance encounter with Leonard; however, the backstage passes just aren't items that fans are given. Enjoy the heck out of him while he's onstage, though 8) .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
caz

Post by caz »

What a great answer!! :D

Carole
mutti

Post by mutti »

10,000 angels with a 'backstage pass' would be divine but Lizzy your answer is beautifully clear...
thanks
Les...your Mutti ;-) :lol: ;-)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
remote1

Post by remote1 »

I remember Glastonbury two or three years ago when Iggy Pop invited the crowd to join him onstage. It wasn't long before he regretted it very badly as he tried to clear the stage again, and the whole thing was hilarious to watch live on TV. It must be on YouTube somewhere! :lol:

Edit:
Inviting the crowd onto the stage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDTTB2p-OoI
Trying to clear the stage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOKoxWZFFms :razz:
"We are so lightly here"
Darling

Post by Darling »

Lizzy, you gave a beautifully kind and considerate answer as always!
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

I know Leonard does not participate - but there is also the possibility of "early entry" to meet some of the musicians/singers. I'm not sure if this was done at shows in Europe last year- or if it has been addressed somewhere else?
IMM

Post by IMM »

mutti wrote:10,000 angels with a 'backstage pass' would be divine...
Quite a crowd now, where once only 27 stood guard.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thank you, Carole; my Mutti ;-) [Can I help it you chose such a cuddly nick? NOoooooo... ]; and Darling. It's such an honest and understandable question for a newcomer. As I know you already know, there's simply no reason to be otherwise in responding :) . What if the actual answer were "Yes," and J had never asked. Wijbe at least cried with J regarding the answer 8) .

Thanks, remote1, for providing the links regarding Iggy Pop. I'm sure interested in seeing how that was for him. I know I saw some footage relatively recently of fans joining Bob Dylan onstage. It was so bizarre that I almost thought it might have been staged for some reason, but it was also hard to imagine Bob wanting to stage something like that. Great idea to bring that up, sturgess :D . It will never be the same as Leonard, but it can be awesome, exciting, and deeply appreciated all the same. Great response to Mutti's idea 8) , IMM :lol: . Can't you just see it all now. Standing atop each other's shoulders 'til we reach Heaven. Or the angel wings will need a wing all their own.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

I thought clever Leslie said 10,000 angels cause that is the capacity at Sligo :? ;-)
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
remote1

Post by remote1 »

lizzytysh wrote: Thanks, remote1, for providing the links regarding Iggy Pop. I'm sure interested in seeing how that was for him.
Just thought I should add a warning that the second clip contains strong language (I feel like the BBC now)! ;-)
"We are so lightly here"
jondi

Post by jondi »

Maybe times have changed but I got one from LC in Manchester in about 1980 that I used for Edinburgh and Preston shows too, so don't give up hope or let the thoughts of others suppress your dreams

Return to “The World Tour 2010”