Tour Merchandise

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
annmarie

Tour Merchandise

Postby annmarie » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:05 pm

Does anyone know if the usual merchandise accompanies every tour?
I desperately want a ring this time.
Anne
ladydi

Re: Tour Merchandise

Postby ladydi » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:52 pm

Hi Anne,

Yes, the merchandise does follow with the tour. So much depends upon the venue and the weather. If it's an outdoor venue and there's a possibility of showers, you may not see a merchandise table or booth set up. Indoors, however, there should always be one. The fall US concerts had almost anything you could want, however rings and mugs seemed to be in shorter supply and sold quickly. With the additional time, they should have been able to replenish the stock totally. Good luck on the ring! I'm looking for one too ;-)
imyourwoman

Postby imyourwoman » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:10 pm

ladydi wrote:Hi Anne,
If it's an outdoor venue and there's a possibility of showers, you may not see a merchandise table or booth set up.
I'm not sure this is strictly true, the merchandise stalls are normally covered, thus protected from the elements, and there were certainly stalls at the Venice and Weybridge concerts - both of which were outdoors are not entirely rain-free!
Yon1967

Postby Yon1967 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:35 pm

Here's hoping that they do have the ring as I have searched everywhere for it calling on familyt all over world if they knew anyone going to Leonard Cohen concert to purchase a ring but to no avail. This might be our lucky gig in more ways than one Anne! :D
Jeffary

Postby Jeffary » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:45 am

I saw Leonard at the Sony Centre in Toronto on the first night at the Very Beginning of the tour. There was only CDs and posters for sale at the time. There were no t-shirts or tour programmes. I had enquired about an online store being set up but I guess that isnt going on.

So I would be incredibly grateful for someone that would be willing to purchase items at a upcoming concert. As I would love to have a Leonard Cohen t-shirt.

If anyone can help or give any advice. Please respond. Thank you so much

Jeffary
musicmania

Postby musicmania » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:44 pm

Jeffary wrote:I saw Leonard at the Sony Centre in Toronto on the first night at the Very Beginning of the tour. There was only CDs and posters for sale at the time. There were no t-shirts or tour programmes. I had enquired about an online store being set up but I guess that isnt going on.

So I would be incredibly grateful for someone that would be willing to purchase items at a upcoming concert. As I would love to have a Leonard Cohen t-shirt.

If anyone can help or give any advice. Please respond. Thank you so much

Jeffary
http://www.leonardcohencafe.co.uk/index.htm is the place to go for Leonard merchandise.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
josephg

Postby josephg » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:27 pm

If anbody has a small Cohen shirt for sale, let me know! I can't find a decent one anywhere! Thanks
tomsakic

Postby tomsakic » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:07 pm

No ring in Zagreb nor Salzburg.

They had: new tour book, T-shirts (black and grey, no yellow etc.), bag, pin lapels (3), keychain, CDs by band members, Book of Longing, Live in London, tie, Book of Mercy cups.

No postcards, no sweaters, NO POSTERS (grint).

I think that merchandise is still coming, these were first two shows.

Outside of the both venues there was the British guy selling posters, he was seen last year on many shows (incl. Barcelona). I missed to buy poster (it's nice) after he approached us after the Zagreb show, so Ken surprised me with the poster during our after-show drink in Salzburg - the same guy was there so he obviously follows LC's tour with unauthorised merchandise. I saw his beautiful T-shirts (black, LC's face with the beret) on Forum members in Zagreb and Salzburg.
jarkko
Site Admin

Postby jarkko » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:29 pm

Some of the merchandise was delayed, and will be available soon. Also there will be good news for all who have been waiting for the online shop to open. Just stay tuned...
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
maltmom

Postby maltmom » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:37 am

What great news! I had the ring in my hand in Philadelphia and decided against it .... now I'm so sorry I did as I desperately want it now. I've tried Vince Benedict's online store at I need a regular dose of Leonard Cohen on Facebook, where I've purchased several tee shirts and a very nice small medallion for my silver chain but he can't get the ring either. Hope the new store will carry the ring. Lorraine
NYC-MSG – 2012, Las Vegas -2010, MSG - 2009, Philadelphia - 2009, Philadelphia – 1993, Philadelphia – 1988, Philadelphia – 1985, Philadelphia-Main Point - 1975
bridger15

Postby bridger15 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:42 am

Did they have any keychains at the merch stand?

I have been asked several times about my keychain "necklace". Someone recently emailed me to buy them a similar "necklace" when I go to the concerts in Europe. However, I bought a keychain (looks matte pewter) and brought it into a Bead shop here in LA. They removed the key ring and inserted a narrow silver chain and then added a clasp to finish it off.

There is a photo of the "necklace" on my Picasa Web Album, Nashville Forum Dinner.
http://picasaweb.google.com/arlenedick1 ... 5353927922

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:28 am

bridger15 wrote:I have been asked several times about my keychain "necklace".
---Arlene
Do you mean the keychain "handbag charm" Arlene? That's how I use mine. It's been my constant companion in that capacity and I was glad to have it with me though my (former) work colleagues and friends had no idea what it was dangling from my bag!!

I didn't see the keychain in Zagreb or Salzburg - maybe it's coming later with the "delayed" merchandise.

Wendy
tomsakic

Postby tomsakic » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:35 pm

I bought keychain in Salzburg, the same one as on bridger15's avatar photo.
annmarie

Postby annmarie » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:28 pm

I got my oh so special RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The merchandise in Sligo was really good. Couldn't believe my luck, the first ring offered fit me perfectly. Must have been His will.
Anne :D :D :D :D
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:53 pm

How much were the rings at Lissadell Annmarie? What are the sizings like? I am thinking about getting one in Sweden if I have any cash left but I'm not sure that they'll fit my short stubby fingers!

Wendy

Return to “The World Tour 2010”