Presale to Stockholm, Malmo, Gothenburg

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
goldstei

Re: PRESALE TO STOCKHOLM, MALMÖ, GOTHENBURG APR 15!!! NEW DATE!!

Post by goldstei »

Jarrko, can we get some clarification on Hartmut's post above? Never heard of anything like this, but if so, no point in those of us across the Atlantic getting up at 3 a.m. if we can't buy tickets--tho surely there must be a will call option if they won't mail (first seller listed)?
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Hi Hartmut

Thank you for alerting us to the problem. It's very strange as the website says that most tickets are available to buyers outside Sweden and the Ticketmaster companies in Denmark and Norway have no problem accepting foreign credit cards.

I was really looking forward to going to the Goteburg show and maybe Malmo as well as both would be fairly easy for me to travel to, but it doesn't look as if it will happen if I can't pay by credit card.

Wendy
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

goldstei wrote:Never heard of anything like this
It used to be quite difficult to use a foreign credit card in Denmark too. However, that was 10+ years ago and I have never had any problem buying tickets from Billetnet, which is the Ticketmaster agency in Denmark. I cannot believe that the main ticket agency in Sweden does not accept foreign credit cards - but it's there in black and white so ....

EDIT: I have sent them an e-mail using the enquiry form on the ticnet.se website. Let's see if I get a reply before tomorrow morning .....

Wendy
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

I have sent them an e-mail using the enquiry form on the ticnet.se website. Let's see if I get a reply before tomorrow morning .....
Great! Thanks.

Hartmut
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

Have we some Nordic friends on the forum? Maybe someone nearby could telephone (it's now night already there, so my guess is it might be hard to get a response by e-mail in time)--or, if Jarkko is reading this, perhaps a query with AEG or whoever could clarify??
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

AEG does not know the local payment methods - the presale is totally in the hands of the Swedes.
I registered to ticnet and copied the following instructions:
Rules for credit/debit card payments
When you pick up your tickets from an agent or the venue, you must provide identification and the credit or debit card you used when booking the tickets. This means that you must use a card registered in your name.

Book or pay directly
The venue/organiser determines which payment and delivery methods will be available for their event. Information regarding these methods will be provided at the time of booking. Direct payment methods are used mainly for larger concerts.

Booking from outside of Sweden
Most events handled by ticnet.se may be booked by residents of foreign countries. Payment is made directly at the time of booking. If you encounter any problems making your booking, please contact the venue or our call centre at +46 77 170 70 70.

Pick up prepaid tickets – Payment by credit/debit card
When picking up prepaid tickets, you must provide your booking number, identification and the credit or debit card you used to book the tickets. If the information listed on your identification does not match the information on the credit or debit card, the tickets will not be released. This procedure has been established to increase security for credit/debit card payments and to reduce the risk of card fraud over the Internet. Prepaid tickets may be picked up until the day of the event.

Payment methods

General
The organiser determines which payment methods will be available for the event. These will be indicated at the time of booking and may include: cash payment, direct payment by bank transfer, credit or debit card, or payment through the bank or postal giro system.

Payment by credit/debit card
Secure payment is available by credit or debit card. Your card details are sent in encrypted form to a special security server. Funds are debited directly from your card after you have registered your card details and received a booking number. The following cards may be used for direct payment over the Internet:

•credit or debit card
•VISA, Amex and Mastercard from Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Island.

You must provide the card number, expiration date and CVC code for your card.
Instructions for credit/debit card payments are provided when you choose this payment method at the time of booking. Credit/debit card purchases are limited to 2 per card per day on ticnet.se.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
jettes

Post by jettes »

Any presale for the concert in Odense?
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

jarkko wrote:AEG does not know the local payment methods - the presale is totally in the hands of the Swedes.
I registered to ticnet and copied the following instructions:
Rules for credit/debit card payments
When you pick up your tickets from an agent or the venue, you must provide identification and the credit or debit card you used when booking the tickets. This means that you must use a card registered in your name.

Book or pay directly
The venue/organiser determines which payment and delivery methods will be available for their event. Information regarding these methods will be provided at the time of booking. Direct payment methods are used mainly for larger concerts.

Most events handled by ticnet.se may be booked by residents of foreign countries. Payment is made directly at the time of booking. If you encounter any problems making your booking, please contact the venue or our call centre at +46 77 170 70 70.

Pick up prepaid tickets – Payment by credit/debit card
When picking up prepaid tickets, you must provide your booking number, identification and the credit or debit card you used to book the tickets. If the information listed on your identification does not match the information on the credit or debit card, the tickets will not be released. This procedure has been established to increase security for credit/debit card payments and to reduce the risk of card fraud over the Internet. Prepaid tickets may be picked up until the day of the event.

Payment methods

General
The organiser determines which payment methods will be available for the event. These will be indicated at the time of booking and may include: cash payment, direct payment by bank transfer, credit or debit card, or payment through the bank or postal giro system.

Payment by credit/debit card
Secure payment is available by credit or debit card. Your card details are sent in encrypted form to a special security server. Funds are debited directly from your card after you have registered your card details and received a booking number. The following cards may be used for direct payment over the Internet:

•credit or debit card
Instructions for credit/debit card payments are provided when you choose this payment method at the time of booking. Credit/debit card purchases are limited to 2 per card per day on ticnet.se.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Odense coming soon - probably very soon. Keep on checking often, we get the presale info at the very last moment.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

Thanks for posting this info Jarkko, tho, it doesn't quite settle, since the first part makes it sound like no problem to pay with credit cards from anywhere, but then the last part makes it sound like you can only do it from Scandinavia--and the two card/day limit even from there makes it sound like they prefer not to take credit cards at all! Do we have a Swedish forum follower who might be able to call at the number below and inquire for us non-Nordic noodniks?

Most events handled by ticnet.se may be booked by residents of foreign countries. Payment is made directly at the time of booking. If you encounter any problems making your booking, please contact the venue or our call centre at +46 77 170 70

•credit or debit card
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

I just tried to call but apparently they don't take calls from outside Scand. either...couldn't even get the number to ring and telephone recording reported no such number (yes, I dialed the int'l phone code first!).
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

I just tried to call but apparently they don't take calls from outside Scand. either...
Seems like they don't want our money ...
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

Here are more numbers:

http://www.ticnet.se/html/sweden/contactUs.htmI?l=EN

e. g.:
Customer Service 077 670 77 77
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

thanks, hartmut--page you linked us to indicates they are closed for the night! guess they will sleep tight tonight tho we won't!
bob g.
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

I'm starting to panic! :shock:
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton

Return to “The World Tour 2010”