Tips to get refunds/credits

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Vicomte

Re: Tips to get refunds/credits

Post by Vicomte » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:41 pm

depe wrote:Does anyone know if the tickets will roll over to the new dates, or do we have to fight for a refund for those too?
According to Gerard Drouot (so of course this is for French concerts), keep your original tickets and they will automatically be valid for the new date. Otherwise apply before 15th March for a refund (mine are for Caen, so other venues may have different refund dates).
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:45 pm

Has anyone had any luck getting a refund from Gerard Drouot? I have emailed them with my ticket details, heard nothing, then on gilly-rjd's advice tried phoning them, upon which they told me to email and it would be fine! I have had no response from them and have received no money :( I will phone and harangue them again next week, but it's pretty frustrating - just wondered if others had been successful?
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:01 pm

somewhat_nifty wrote:Has anyone had any luck getting a refund from Gerard Drouot? I have emailed them with my ticket details, heard nothing, then on gilly-rjd's advice tried phoning them, upon which they told me to email and it would be fine! I have had no response from them and have received no money :( I will phone and harangue them again next week, but it's pretty frustrating - just wondered if others had been successful?
GDP isn't particularly great for communicating details like that. I wanted to get some tickets that were being held at the venue sent to me so I could sell them on (for face value of course) and was told by one of its employees to send her an email with my credit card number and secure verification code on the back of the credit card so they could charge me for the postage. Very dodgy. Never got any confirmation email and didn't hear from them at all until the tickets turned up a week or two later.

Refunds will probably take a while to reach your bank account (it's normally 3 to 5 working days here in the UK, and longer for an international transaction I'd expect) so give it a week or two and see if the money turns up. I'd be surprised if it didn't, eventually :)
Inne

Post by Inne » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:45 pm

somewhat_nifty wrote:Has anyone had any luck getting a refund from Gerard Drouot? I have emailed them with my ticket details, heard nothing, then on gilly-rjd's advice tried phoning them, upon which they told me to email and it would be fine! I have had no response from them and have received no money :( I will phone and harangue them again next week, but it's pretty frustrating - just wondered if others had been successful?
I emailed them several times and today they let me know that they handle the demands for refunding in order of arrival and that they will inform me as soon as my demand has been treated.
Inne
Silence
and a deeper silence
when the crickets
hesitate
mutti

Post by mutti » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:52 pm

If anyone wants to sell tickets to Marseille in row 1-3 center please contact myself or Lady Di.
Thanks
Leslie ;-)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:45 pm

Cool, thanks guys - I have now got a mail saying they will get back to me in three working days. I'm just feeling a bit edgy as it's a significant amount of money for me!
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:46 pm

mutti wrote:If anyone wants to sell tickets to Marseille in row 1-3 center please contact myself or Lady Di.
Thanks
Leslie ;-)
hehe, if I was lucky enough to have Marseille tickets for those seats I don't think any amount of money would induce me to sell :lol: Good luck finding some though :D
Michael Crane

Post by Michael Crane » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:54 pm

I was going to take the hit on my hotel booking (Best Western refused any refund whatsoever despite giving over 3 weeks notice) and Eurostar (normal level of customer service - "Non") so have decided to go ahead and hopefully enjoy Lille on evening of 3rd March. Anybody taking the same course who wishes to share a glass of beer to cry in would be welcome. What has concerned me more is the fact that despite notifying me last week that the cost of my tickets was refundable all communication with the French ticket agency since then has gone unanswered despite me emailing the ticket confirmations back to them and asking for refund in both English and French. I have seen the old man on tour now around 7 times and feel that the financial risk is getting too high and will rely on the CDs in future. MC
gilly-rjd

Post by gilly-rjd » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:56 pm

EUROSTAR REFUND
I'd bought a non-refundable / non-exchangeable ticket to Lille for 3rd March. Last week I e-mailed customer care, explained the situation, and asked maybe for a voucher. Result! have just received a reply saying, in this instance, as a gesture of goodwill, my voucher is in the post. Yippee!! :D E-mail is often better than a phone call, when the answer is often "No, sorry...."
Gilly
- 2008 - Birmingham - 2009 -Liverpool - 2010 - Sligo, Lille
2012 -Guent, Paris - 2013 Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:43 pm

gilly-rjd wrote:EUROSTAR REFUND
Result! have just received a reply saying, in this instance, as a gesture of goodwill, my voucher is in the post. Yippee!! :D E-mail is often better than a phone call, when the answer is often "No, sorry...."
Gilly
Well done Gilly! I'm really pleased for you. Just BA to convince now then?

Wendy
gilly-rjd

Post by gilly-rjd » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:50 pm

Thanks Wendy!
if nothing else transpires I'll be in Lille in September. Can't wait! Posted a second letter to B.A. yesterday; the very least they could do is actually send me a reply. I have a feeling I'll have to cut my losses re. Moscow, but still hopeful for ticket and hotel refunds minus booking fees. C'est la vie.....
But at least I have one concert to go to, so I am lucky.
Gilly
- 2008 - Birmingham - 2009 -Liverpool - 2010 - Sligo, Lille
2012 -Guent, Paris - 2013 Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:03 pm

Successful refund from Gerard Drouot - panic over :)
Merganser

Post by Merganser » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:17 am

Hi - I bought a ticket for the Lille show from FNAC, and I'm having trouble navigating their site to figure out how to request a refund. Has anyone else had any luck with that?
Thanks
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:09 pm

Merganser

It's probably best to write to them to find out what to do. There is a contact form for FNAC on their website (the link is under "Contactez-nous" right at the bottom of the front page. This link will take you straight there:

http://www.fnac.com/Service_Client/Fnac ... D=0&RNID=0

Good luck!

Wendy

EDIT: This link seems to take you straight to an enquiry form in English on the ticket website:

http://www.fnacspectacles.com/contact.d ... 0&CurArea=
Merganser

Post by Merganser » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:54 pm

Thanks, Wendy - I sent them an email.
Not sure why I didn't think of that myself, haha. I guess I assumed they'd have some nice easy method to request a refund.
I had to pick if I wanted to go to Caen or Lille, now that they'll be 10 days apart, and early Sept. works better for me.

Return to “The World Tour 2010”