Tips to get refunds/credits

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Vicomte

Re: Tips to get refunds/credits

Post by Vicomte » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:00 pm

Great news Wendy and bravo to Inne for putting her message to Novotel on here to help Wendy and anyone else who is having trouble exchanging their dates.

Don't accept their "Non", keep on to them, after all you, you still have months to wear them down :lol: ;-)
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
confetti

Post by confetti » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:17 pm

brilliant Wendy, will have to rethink my strategy of not using Novotel now, that was very decent of them in the end. :D bet you are doubly chuffed now
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
Kenadian

Post by Kenadian » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:27 pm

Mabeanie1 wrote:Guess what? I have just received a response from my hotel to say that, exceptionally, they will move my booking and pre-payment to the new dates in September!!
I go to bed ready to start the email blitz/revolution and wake up to your good news! Way to go 'Team Cohen'!!!

Cheers,
Ken(adian)
2008: Kitchener|Hamilton x2|Toronto x3|Montreal x2|2009: New York|Detroit|New York x2|Hamilton|Kingston|Ottawa x2 |Colmar|Vienne|Nimes|Philadelphia|New York MSG)|Cleveland|Nashville|2010: Sligo x2|Lisbon |Caen|Grenoble|Strasbourg|Marseille|Tours|Lille|Victoria|Vancouver|Oakland x2|Vegas x2|and more.
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:32 pm

Well, even though I anticipated trouble, Eurostar couldn't have been nicer :D I went to the ticket office at St Pancras with the emails about the concerts, and the lady behind the desk immediately said that was no problem to change the tickets. She then looked almost apologetic as she said that September was too far ahead to book, but she then went off to talk to her supervisor and came back and said she could make a special note on the system that I was allowed to change my tickets, but I would have to come back in May and do it as they can only book four months ahead. She even showed me her computer screen so I could see where she made the note! Thank you Eurostar :D

Thanks also to Ken(adian) and remote1 - I was going to write off my 'non-refundable non-exchangeable' ticket but you encouraged me to go for it and I have now saved myself £100! Cheers :lol:
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
topsy turvey

Post by topsy turvey » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi all,i know this is a long shot but thought i would ask-anybody know how to get refund from RYANAIR?Out of pocket 400euros :cry: Yes it hurts and what makes it worse dont think we can make any shows in sept.LEONARD could cure this financial inconvience by coming to Ireland.Agirl can always dream anyway i will remain optomistic on two counts-some of you lovely people will advise on refund and Leonard will return to Dublin.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:15 pm

topsy turvy

Are you planning any other trips anywhere during 2010? I managed to transfer one of my Ryanair flights - from Birmingham to Bratislava in March - to London to Katowice in October for a fee of £25 as the Katowice flight was cheaper than the original Birmingham flight. You can do this online via Manage My Booking and it doesn't seem to matter how drastic the change of route is, though they will charge you extra if you want to change any names on the booking as well. Amazingly, they did not charge a £5 credit card, sorry adminstration, fee on the change. Hopefully if all else fails you can find a nice weekend away or something to make use of the flights.

Wendy

PS Hopefully Leonard will return to Ireland so you can have a little vacation and see Leonard!
topsy turvey

Post by topsy turvey » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:54 pm

Thanks Wendy for advice but already tried manage booking.RA seem to be charging over the odds to reschedule.Its cheaper to just buy new tickets from scratch.Maybe its because i am living in RIP OFF IRELAND and they can.Anyway i really wanted the money back.Guess i may kiss it goodbye and let Michael O Leary laugh all the way to the bank.Cheers have a good evening.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:28 pm

topsy turvey wrote:Thanks Wendy for advice but already tried manage booking.RA seem to be charging over the odds to reschedule.Its cheaper to just buy new tickets from scratch.Maybe its because i am living in RIP OFF IRELAND and they can.
I know what you mean - it's happened to me plenty of times in the past and I'm not in Ireland. Still, don't lose heart. If you don't fancy contacting Mr O'Leary to ask for a refund, it's worth keeping an eye on the website until you were due to fly in the hope that a "bargain" comes up. That's what I'm aiming to do with my remaining flight.

Good luck!

Wendy
mydoglorca

Post by mydoglorca » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:13 am

Has anyone heard from Gerard Drout Productions (GDP) about the arrangements for claiming refunds?
I am thinking of sending a reply to the confirmation e-mail sent when the tickets were bought (in the presale) but am not sure if it is a "no reply" address.

No luck yet with rescheduling Rail Europe train tickets but will persevere thanks to the examples above.

J
1976 Bristol 1979 Birmingham 1988 RAH x 2, 1993 RAH x 2 & Madrid, 2008 Edinburgh, London O2, Cardiff, Bournemouth, RAH 17 Nov, Birmingham, Manchester 30 Nov, 2009 Weybridge, Liverpool, Dublin 19 & 20th,2010 September -Marseille, Tours, Lille, 2012 12 & 14 Aug Ghent,Wembley x22013 O2, Antwerp, Bournemouth, Manchester
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:38 am

mydoglorca wrote:Has anyone heard from Gerard Drout Productions (GDP) about the arrangements for claiming refunds?

J
J & J

I have not heard anything about refund arrangements - but I am planning to hold on to my French tickets. Try writing to info@gdp.fr It's a general enquiry address and I used it in 2008 in connection with the Paris Olympia shows. I imagine they will be on the look out for enquiries in connection with the LC shows.

Good luck with the Rail Europe tickets. Frankly I am astonished just how successful we have all been so far with our begging letters so don't give up!

Wendy
gilly-rjd

Post by gilly-rjd » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:43 am

[quote="mydoglorca"]Has anyone heard from Gerard Drout Productions (GDP) about the arrangements for claiming refunds?

I received this e-mail from them today:

Dear Customer,
This concert has been postponed to September 25th. If you cannot go to this date, please let us know asap.
Best regards,
Service billetterie / Ticketing service
gérard drouot productions s.a.
4 rue Chauveau Lagarde - 75008 Paris - France
Phone : +33 (0)1 44 94 91 50
Fax : +33 (0)1 44 94 91 60
http://www.gdp.fr

Hope this helps! Phone them (they speak good English) and give them ref. number etc.
- 2008 - Birmingham - 2009 -Liverpool - 2010 - Sligo, Lille
2012 -Guent, Paris - 2013 Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham
Inne

Post by Inne » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:31 am

Mabeanie1 wrote:
Guess what? I have just received a response from my hotel to say that, exceptionally, they will move my booking and pre-payment to the new dates in September!!

Wendy
Hi Wendy, I'm very happy for you that you could make them change their mind. See you in Lille !
Inne
Silence
and a deeper silence
when the crickets
hesitate
mrschis

Post by mrschis » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:11 am

I'm so pleased for you, Wendy. Portsmouth Hilton still say no but I'm going to e-mail Head Office today and see what happens. They can only move the booking within February so they say. Is there a brick wall round February? :?
Birmingham and Wetbridge 2009 Caen 2010
depe

Post by depe » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:06 pm

Does anyone know if the tickets will roll over to the new dates, or do we have to fight for a refund for those too?
Weybridge, Lille, O2, Wembley, O2, Brighton, Dublin, O2, Rotterdam
MaryB

Post by MaryB » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:14 pm

Wendy,

I'm so glad you got your hotel situation resolved. Hope everyone else gets favorable results!!

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20

Return to “The World Tour 2010”