What is going on ?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
afanghanel

Re: What is going on ?

Post by afanghanel » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:10 pm

hydriot wrote:
mydoglorca wrote:So feel rather annoyed with people who haven't spent a penny telling me to relax. We are now nearly a week since the first announcement of an announcement & still waiting. :cry:
Agreed.

As Kipling didn't quite write:

"If you can keep your head while all about are losing theirs...
Perhaps you don't understand the situation?"
hoho. this made me laugh out loud. a rare treat...
2008: Manchester, London 02, London RAH x 2, 2009: Weybridge, Belgrade, San Jose, 2010: ...
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:11 pm

Let's be honest here,too reiterate.

There must be many people who are going to see LC who have booked hotels & travel who have never been on this site. That being the case,other people will also still be buying tickets, booking hotels & travel. Some will certainly also be making arrangements maybe for babysitters, dog sitters etc, time off work, many, many things come in to play when you are going abroad for a concert. I wonder how they might feel, when and if they find out that all this has been debated on here and they were not p^re-warned as to any problems at all?

I know how I would feel and going by the sound of all us on here of that have been pre-warned (too late in many cases) if we are angry and annoyed, how will they be, if their venue is cancelled and the problems were known before they bought?
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
covow

Post by covow » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:16 pm

Hi again
I got news for you
LC got "small" health problems that's why the Caen concert is postponed
BUT there will be a concert in CAEN
They get the annonce 'REPORTE" off
They'll have final dates next tuesday
That's why they still sell tickets
From "authorized" sources
Voilà
Léonard Cohen a des "petits" problèmes de santé, les dates seront indiquées mardi prochain MAIS il y aura un concert à CAEN
C'est pourquoi ils continuent de venfre les tickets
Ils ont retiré le bandeau "REPORTE" dans l'attente des dates finales des concerts
De source autorisée (!!!)
Daniel
mydoglorca

Post by mydoglorca » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:22 pm

Reply to Vicomte.
Correct. I've spoken to many people at the concerts who have never heard of this site. People who have 'followed' LC for years.
Last edited by mydoglorca on Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1976 Bristol 1979 Birmingham 1988 RAH x 2, 1993 RAH x 2 & Madrid, 2008 Edinburgh, London O2, Cardiff, Bournemouth, RAH 17 Nov, Birmingham, Manchester 30 Nov, 2009 Weybridge, Liverpool, Dublin 19 & 20th,2010 September -Marseille, Tours, Lille, 2012 12 & 14 Aug Ghent,Wembley x22013 O2, Antwerp, Bournemouth, Manchester
osmachar

Post by osmachar » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:23 pm

Vicomte wrote:...
There must be many people who are going to see LC who have booked hotels & travel who have never been on this site. ....
I wonder how they might feel, when and if they find out that all this has been debated on here and they were not p^re-warned as to any problems at all?...
Yes, exactly. And that's why it's time (and overdue) to finally get some notification.

I am very fortunate that I have to make this trip in March anyway as I have some private business to deal with as well, so I don't really lose anything.
But even so, it still makes me very angry. The topic of the announcement is clearly already known by some (management, AEG etc), so it must be their duty to inform those affected asap, whatever it might be.

Also, what happens if a concert is rescheduled and I can't go - will I get my money back or will i be left with tickets i can't use and have to try to sell them myself?
Last edited by osmachar on Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidrichards

Post by davidrichards » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:26 pm

Let us hope that AEG hold their hands up to creating this fiasco and offer to help those who will suffer financially - a naive thought I know, but they are a big enough organisation and will certainly be making a penny or two out of the tours to enable them to do this - indeed as someone mentioned earlier on they must have their own insurance to cover most eventualities.

Funnily enough I don't think this will happen, as customer service is not high on their agenda, judging by the past few days and pages and pages of comments here.
confetti

Post by confetti » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:27 pm

if this is true covow, it is obvious why it has taken so long for the announcement to come out, to see if he would be well enough to perform, they may have thought best to wait and see.

davidrichards and osmacar, tickets for concerts are generally refundable if a gig is cancelled or rescheduled and the date does not suit. AEG are not responsible for anyone who has made travel arrangements. You are the ones who should ensure that your hotel and flights can be changed if necessary, not a concert ticket seller.
Last edited by confetti on Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:29 pm

osmachar wrote:
Vicomte wrote:...
There must be many people who are going to see LC who have booked hotels & travel who have never been on this site. ....
I wonder how they might feel, when and if they find out that all this has been debated on here and they were not p^re-warned as to any problems at all?...
Yes, exactly. And that's why it's time (and overdue) to finally get some notification.

I am very fortunate that I have to make this trip in March anyway as I have some private business to deal with as well, so I don't really lose anything.
But even so, it still makes me very angry. The topic of the announcement is clearly already known by some (management, AEG etc), so it must be their duty to inform those affected asap, whatever it might be.
Why rush notification out and halt ticket sales until the rescheduled dates are confirmed, when they can still cash in on people who are completely oblivious to any problems?

If it's a case of increasing profits or increasing customer service, for a big company like AEG, profits are always going to be the number one priority.
Last edited by danslenoir on Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:30 pm

confetti wrote:if this is true covow, it is obvious why it has taken so long for the announcement to come out, to see if he would be well enough to perform, they may have thought best to wait and see,
That may have been the case at first, but it certainly hasnt been the case since at least Wednesday when the sign was spotted at Caen saying "postponed," and certainly isnt the case now. Yet they are waiting until next Monday or Tuesday to make the issue known, and the rescheduled dates available.
something crazy

Post by something crazy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:31 pm

covow wrote:Hi again
I got news for you
Voilà
Léonard Cohen a des "petits" problèmes de santé, les dates seront indiquées mardi prochain MAIS il y aura un concert à CAEN
Ils ont retiré le bandeau "REPORTE" dans l'attente des dates finales des concerts
Daniel
If this is the case, I am sorry to hear that Leonard is unwell. I hope it is nothing serious. :(
davidrichards

Post by davidrichards » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:43 pm

Confetti states
"AEG are not responsible for anyone who has made travel arrangements. You are the ones who should ensure that your hotel and flights can be changed if necessary, not a concert ticket seller."

Of course you are right but that begs the question, why continue to sell tickets if you are aware that there is even the likelihood of a cancellation/postponement. Whilst it is not illegal to continue with the sale it is certainly immoral and indicative of their concern for customer satisfaction.

As a point of interest - How many people do now pay "the full price" for travel and accomodation, maybe those who have more money than most of us.

I cannot believe that anyone on this Forum can defend AEG given that this fiasco is totally of their own making. We as Leonard Cohen fans are the ones to feel aggrieved.
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:50 pm

covow wrote:Hi again
I got news for you
Voilà
Daniel
Hi Covow
Welcome to the forum
What is the source for this ? You are stating it as if it were fact - i'd wouldn't like to think it's just more speculation . If leonard has a health problem ,we pray it is indeed ' small'
:(
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
covow

Post by covow » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:59 pm

cohenadmirer
read my mails from yesterday
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:02 pm

Maybe what they are trying to avoid by delaying an announcement until all the details are known is the disaster that the public equivalent of the past 38 pages would amount to, especially if the reason is health related and especially in view of the worldwide media coverage of the Valencia situation last September.

Wendy
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:08 pm

Mabeanie1 wrote:Maybe what they are trying to avoid by delaying an announcement until all the details are known is the disaster that the public equivalent of the past 38 pages would amount to, especially if the reason is health related and especially in view of the worldwide media coverage of the Valencia situation last September.

Wendy
Then why not simply announce the tour is postponed and leave it at that for the time being? There is already a sign up outside Caen stating this for goodness sake.

If it is a health-related issue, then surely it is a minor one, or they wouldn't have been waiting to see if maybe the tour could still go ahead as planned (in just 3 weeks!) and if it was serious, they would be cancelling the shows full stop, not rescheduling them.

Return to “The World Tour 2010”