What is going on ?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Womanfromaroom

Re: What is going on ?

Post by Womanfromaroom » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:42 pm

Something crazy, whenever you post on this thread, it somehow reads (on the main page): "What is going on?" - "something crazy". How appropriate... :?
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
something crazy

Post by something crazy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:44 pm

Really, is it something I am doing wrong?
Fil

Post by Fil » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:46 pm

covow wrote:Hi
A fact : in CAEN in front of the Zenith it is clearly writen that Leonard Cohen's show is "Reporté" (delayed)
Daniel
I've got to say that wenesday afeternoon I gave the venue, here in Grenoble a call, to ask about the show. I was told nothing was changed, and tickets are still on sell. The woman I talked to was indeed very astonished with what I reported to her concerning a possible postponement or cancellation and she asked me where I'd heard such a thing.

I'll try to find out if today things are different.

Philippe
Last edited by Fil on Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008 : Lyon July 9 / 2009 : Vienne August 18 ; Las Vegas November 12 ; San José November 13 / 2010 : Grenoble September 17 / 2012 : Paris September 29
http://sites.google.com/site/traduireleonardcohen/
osmachar

Post by osmachar » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:49 pm

Still no news.....and the tickets are still for sale.
davidrichards

Post by davidrichards » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:54 pm

Could we hope that someone in the vast AEG organisation is beginning to feel a little bit guilty????? Or is that just very naive?
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:55 pm

I wonder what the chances are for this to be sorted out today, as i'm guessing any updates over the weekend out of office hours are unlikely...
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:00 pm

Fil wrote:
covow wrote:Hi
A fact : in CAEN in front of the Zenith it is clearly writen that Leonard Cohen's show is "Reporté" (delayed)
Daniel
I've got to sat that wenesday afeternoon I gave the venue, here in Grenoble a call, to ask about the show. I was told nothing was changed, and tickets are still on sell. The woman I talked to was indeed very astonished with what I reported to her concerning a possible postponement or cancellation and she asked me where I'd heard such a thing.

I'll try to find out if today things are different.

Philippe
Maybe they are hoping whatever the problem causing the Caen postponement is, will be fixed by the time the tour reaches Grenoble, which is over a week ahead of the Caen date.

Does anyone who speaks good French fancy giving Zenith Caen a call to ask about the postponement there, and confirm if the date is postponed?

Edit:

An update from Patrice over at the French forum (courtesy again of Google Translate)

Robert has kindly responded.
-> The announcement will take place next Monday!
Announcement of what? I did not have permission to say but I changed the 1st post and the evidence already given by Jarkko and I have added something ....

My advice: do not book anything! Neither tickets or hotel, or train, or plane, nothing from nothing. Voila, it was another sign and I think with that, everyone will understand what will happen to the dates scheduled in March.

The Zenith of Caen was perhaps the info (or rather the loss of info!) Here or at Jarkko ... Gerard Druot is probably aware but also expects the announcement to send a mailing list ...

Patrice.

Oh, and the first post he mentions has now been changed with a line scored through every date.

Looks like none of these dates will be going ahead on schedule, then....
Last edited by danslenoir on Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
osmachar

Post by osmachar » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:05 pm

davidrichards wrote:Could we hope that someone in the vast AEG organisation is beginning to feel a little bit guilty????? Or is that just very naive?
Why should they be reading an internet forum? They don't just deal with LC but with everyone and their granny as it seems, and if they would spend their days reading stuff on the net they certainly wouldn't get anything organised, don't you think? :)
davidrichards

Post by davidrichards » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:12 pm

Osmachar stated
"if they (AEG) would spend their days reading stuff on the net they certainly wouldn't get anything organised, don't you think?"
Could anyone call this fiasco getting things organised?

Danslenoir
You asked about the likelihood of an announcement today, my advice would be "don't hold your breath"
something crazy

Post by something crazy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:17 pm

From the French Leonard Cohen site:
Friends,

Robert m'a gentiment répondu.
--> L'annonce aura lieu lundi prochain !
Annonce de quoi ? Je n'ai pas eu l'autorisation de le dire mais j'ai modifié le 1er post et, aux indices déjà donnés par Jarkko et moi, j'ai rajouté quelque chose....

Mon conseil : ne réservez rien !!! Ni places, ni hôtel, ni train, ni avion, rien de chez rien. Voila, c'était un indice supplémentaire et je pense qu'avec ça, chacun va comprendre ce qui se passera pour les dates prévues en mars.

Le Zénith de Caen a eu peut-être l'info (disons plutôt la disparition de l'info!) ici ou chez Jarkko... Gérard Druot est probablement au courant aussi mais attend l'annonce officielle pour envoyer une mailing list...

Patrice.

Roughly translated:
Robert has kindly responded.
-> The announcement will take place next Monday!
Announcement of what? I did not have permission to say but I changed the 1st post and the evidence already given by Jarkko and I have added something ....

My advice: do not book anything! Neither tickets or hotel, or train, or plane, nothing from nothing. Voila, it was another sign and I think with that, everyone will understand what will happen to the dates scheduled in March.

The Zenith of Caen was perhaps the info (or rather the loss of info!) Here or at Jarkko ... Gerard Druot is probably aware but also expects the announcement to send a mailing list ...

Patrice.

His first post now says: "Ajout le 05 février 2010 : Aucune date actuellement" and ALL of the March dates have been crossed through. :(
tigrib

Post by tigrib » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:24 pm

hmm, of course all the travel arrangements (Berlin-Stassburg-Marseille) exept hotel in M. have already been made some tíme ago and, as said before, no cancellation possible, be it for hotel, train or flight. :(
2008 Berlin, Hamburg, Oberhausen, Cologne, Berlin, Colmar, Barcelona, Las Vegas, San Jose, Salzburg, Berlin, Strasbourg, Marseille, Dortmund, Stuttgart, Las Vegas 2010
2012 Ghent (x2), Berlin, Moenchengladbach, Lisbon
2013 Berlin ... Pula ... ?
IrishMar

Post by IrishMar » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:27 pm

Well this is helpful to know it will be Monday before we hear anything, I feared if I took my eye off the site for a time all would be revealed, rather like this gentleman;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRM2ho2q ... L&index=80

Marie
2008 DUB3 LDN Helsinki LDN Paris MAN
2009 NYC Boston Weybridge DUB4 Belfast Lisboa Bratislava Barcelona Chicago LV SJ
2010 Zagreb Sligo2 Berlin Ghent2 Firenze Marseille Katowice Bratislava Victoria Vancouver LV2
2012 Ghent2 A'dam2 Helsinki DUB4 Verona Paris2 Boston2
2013 NYC Brussels Prague Vienna Zurich MAN
afanghanel

Post by afanghanel » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:29 pm

something crazy wrote:From the French Leonard Cohen site:
Friends,

Robert m'a gentiment répondu.
--> L'annonce aura lieu lundi prochain !
Annonce de quoi ? Je n'ai pas eu l'autorisation de le dire mais j'ai modifié le 1er post et, aux indices déjà donnés par Jarkko et moi, j'ai rajouté quelque chose....

Mon conseil : ne réservez rien !!! Ni places, ni hôtel, ni train, ni avion, rien de chez rien. Voila, c'était un indice supplémentaire et je pense qu'avec ça, chacun va comprendre ce qui se passera pour les dates prévues en mars.

Le Zénith de Caen a eu peut-être l'info (disons plutôt la disparition de l'info!) ici ou chez Jarkko... Gérard Druot est probablement au courant aussi mais attend l'annonce officielle pour envoyer une mailing list...

Patrice.

A more accurate translation of that crucial central line would be:

Voila, c'était un indice supplémentaire et je pense qu'avec ça, chacun va comprendre ce qui se passera pour les dates prévues en mars.
There! This is an extra clue, and I think that with that, everyone will understand what is to happen to the dates planned for March.

The crossed-out dates for march on the first page are certainly indicative.

This ambiguity has been agonising
2008: Manchester, London 02, London RAH x 2, 2009: Weybridge, Belgrade, San Jose, 2010: ...
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:32 pm

This still begs the question, why haven't ticket sales for these shows been stopped if they are not going to happen? :roll:
hydriot

Post by hydriot » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:56 pm

mydoglorca wrote:So feel rather annoyed with people who haven't spent a penny telling me to relax. We are now nearly a week since the first announcement of an announcement & still waiting. :cry:
Agreed.

As Kipling didn't quite write:

"If you can keep your head while all about are losing theirs...
Perhaps you don't understand the situation?"
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988

Return to “The World Tour 2010”