What is going on ?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Vicomte

Re: What is going on ?

Post by Vicomte » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:40 pm

TipperaryAnn wrote:While waiting for THE ANNOUNCEMENT, I have been categorising members' comments as follows:

A) The Smileys : "Let's introduce a note of levity into this and cheer ourselves up".

B) The Cheer Leaders : "Everyone involved is wonderful and we should all be soooo... grateful ."

C) The Voice of Reason : "If our travel plans and finances are affected, the sooner we are told the better."

Leonard has always been a straight talker - still is, just listen to his Grammy acceptance speech ! I think he might favour approach C.
Nice one Ann.

Seems that the majority of those that aren't affected are telling others to stay calm and what will be, will be, well ain't that easy when you have nothing to worry about. As for AEG, make no mistake, regardless of what will be forthcoming, they are in it purely for the money, that is their Raison d'être. And please, no one should accuse any of those affected, of taking pops at jarkko or Leonard himself, they are just very cheap shots.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
osmachar

Post by osmachar » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:45 pm

TipperaryAnn wrote:While waiting for THE ANNOUNCEMENT, I have been categorising members' comments as follows:

A) The Smileys : "Let's introduce a note of levity into this and cheer ourselves up".

B) The Cheer Leaders : "Everyone involved is wonderful and we should all be soooo... grateful ."

C) The Voice of Reason : "If our travel plans and finances are affected, the sooner we are told the better."

Leonard has always been a straight talker - still is, just listen to his Grammy acceptance speech ! I think he might favour approach C.
Like it! :)
something crazy

Post by something crazy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:45 pm

Vicomte wrote: Seems that the majority of those that aren't affected are telling others to stay calm and what will be, will be.
Exactly. It can sound a bit patronising.
Vicomte wrote: And please, no one should accuse any of those affected, of taking pops at jarkko or Leonard himself, they are just very cheap shots.
Not to mention the fact that I don't think anyone has actually directed any of their irritation at jarkko or Leonard in the first place. It is this type of accusation that threatens to blow this out of proportion.
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:57 pm

Wow, we're already on page 32. :roll:
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
Inna

Post by Inna » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:02 pm

Friends, we seem to be getting immersed into unnecessary guessings and insinuations. What for?
"let's renew ourselves now" and simply wait for the news.
"climb on your tears and be silent, like the rose on its ladder of thorn."
Paris 07/07/09, Tel-Aviv 24/09/09, Salzburg 27/07/10
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:03 pm

Fred the monkey has clocked up 34 pages so far but it's taken him about 9 months to do it. At the current rate of about 5 pages an hour, it won't be long till this thread is in the lead.

W
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:18 pm

Inna wrote:Friends, we seem to be getting immersed into unnecessary guessings and insinuations. What for?
"let's renew ourselves now" and simply wait for the news.
'Renewing oneself' is quite tricky , and a lifelong and ongoing process.

Like , i'm sure , many others i've been visiting the forum much more frequently than usual driven by curiousity and anxiety. Since i've been here more , i've also posted more. I'm sure this also applies to others hence the length of the thread which i think will almost certainly become a record breaker .

A small part of how i personally define ' self renewal' is the exercise of patience , and this situation has certainly given us all an opportunity to practice being patient .

Nonetheless , i think we are all by now badly in need of ' the announcement' . i'm sure Jarkko will deliver it as soon as he can !
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
ascoli

Post by ascoli » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:24 pm

I don't know what the 'announcement' will be.
I do know that I will never forget the .....2 times I saw
Leonard in Montreal and the 1 time I saw him in Asheville.
Those times are in my heart, mind and soul.
As long as Leonard is well .........all is well.
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:33 pm

ascoli wrote: As long as Leonard is well .........all is well.
In other words: "As long as Leonard is well, it doesn't matter that you lot might lose loads of money."

His health is of course the number one priority, but c'mon... :roll:
osmachar

Post by osmachar » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:34 pm

cohenadmirer wrote: ... hence the length of the thread which i think will almost certainly become a record breaker .
Nonetheless , i think we are all by now badly in need of ' the announcement' . i'm sure Jarkko will deliver it as soon as he can !
Maybe this thread should be renamed in "The Forum Soap" or "Waiting for the Mir...ehm...Announcement" ....

Yes, pls give us the news before everyone gets a heart attack from anticipation!
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:45 pm

Anticipatience, osmacher - anticipatience!
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
osmachar

Post by osmachar » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:02 pm

Womanfromaroom wrote:Anticipatience, osmacher - anticipatience!
Nae, tried patience before but didn't gree with me 8)
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:07 pm

In the words of the great Sherlock Holmes:

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

I'm just going to wait and see what happens...
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
Laura

Post by Laura » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:33 pm

Mabeanie1 wrote:Fred the monkey has clocked up 34 pages so far but it's taken him about 9 months to do it. At the current rate of about 5 pages an hour, it won't be long till this thread is in the lead.

W

You forgot the "picture game" thread. I think we still have a bit too go until 300 pages...

Laura
holydove

Post by holydove » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:50 pm

Dealing with uncertainty is an opportunity for enlightenment. If we contemplate/meditate on the feeling of GROUNDLESSNESS - and embrace that experience - we may find, well, let's see what we may find. . .

Nothing is ever certain - it's just usually easier to create an illusion of certainty - this situation is throwing the truth in our faces - making it really obvious - perhaps we should be thankful for it.

In the words of the Great Leonard - ". . don't look down, the ground is gone. . ." - not even the Roshis or Rinpoches have ever said it better than our Leonard. . .

And just to reiterate, as long as Our Man is well, let us rejoice. . .

Whatever happens with concerts or money, it may be difficult, but, as the Sufis say, "This too shall pass. . ."

Happy Meditating, everyone. . .

PS: I know it may be dangerous to make a post like this, people may want to hurl things at me, but I decided to go for it anyway. . . I apologize in advance if I have offended anyone. . .

Return to “The World Tour 2010”