What is going on ?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
gilly-rjd

Re: Leonard abducted by aliens !

Post by gilly-rjd » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:42 pm

Actually Leonard has been abducted by ME! He is safe and well, and we are chatting over coffee, and discussing his preferences for lunch..........This afternoon, if the rain eases, we will take a leisurely stroll to the Malvern Hills.
Gilly
- 2008 - Birmingham - 2009 -Liverpool - 2010 - Sligo, Lille
2012 -Guent, Paris - 2013 Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham
danslenoir

Re: What is going on ?

Post by danslenoir » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:43 pm

osmachar wrote:
Yeah you're right, it might not be anything bad - but why start something and then don't go through with it. Don't make allusions, that just fuelles the wildest speculations - especially if AEG, the management etc know already but don't care to tell but prefer to create some secret.

I'm not having a go at anyone, but what gets me most and a lot of others too is the fact that announcements have been promised - since the France dates have appeared in November but very little had been added although it had been promised.

Now all the dates seem to have been wiped from this site but not fom the ticket sites and yet another announcement has been promised and postponed various times. And this is pretty infuriating for people who just simply want to know what's happening in less than a month - we do have a life and need to plan our work, annual leave etc as well.
This.

I don't get why people find this sentiment so difficult to understand.
davidrichards

Post by davidrichards » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:48 pm

Osmachar and Danslenoir
Yet again I am in total agreement with your sentiments!
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:54 pm

If jarkko has information ,that he can't release ,that may affect travel plans should he ...

A: Say nothing and let people carry on making arrangements that may need to be changed.

B:Tell his information source that he only wants to be given information that he can release in full - thereby giving no early warnings that an announcement may be due.

or C:Advise people not to make arrangements that can't be changed and to wait for further details to be released.

Everyone wants information to be released as soon as possible and that is what seems to be happening.Maybe there is some doubt as to whether concerts can take place. If so would you rather live with that doubt ,be happy in your ignorance of potiential problems or have the certainty that a concert was cancelled?
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:00 pm

FOXWOOD wrote:If jarkko has information ,that he can't release ,that may affect travel plans should he ...

A: Say nothing and let people carry on making arrangements that may need to be changed.

B:Tell his information source that he only wants to be given information that he can release in full - thereby giving no early warnings that an announcement may be due.

or C:Advise people not to make arrangements that can't be changed and to wait for further details to be released.

Everyone wants information to be released as soon as possible and that is what seems to be happening.Maybe there is some doubt as to whether concerts can take place. If so would you rather live with that doubt ,be happy in your ignorance of potiential problems or have the certainty that a concert was cancelled?
No one has criticised Jarkko, he is doing a sterling job, as always.

If there is information that could affect travel plans, it is the responsibility of AEG to inform us ASAP. All it would take is a simple "Due to unforseen circumstances, the tour has been postponed/cancelled. We are working on rescheduling the dates, and will inform you of the outcome as soon as we can."

Is that really too much to ask of them, if this information does pertain to cancelling or rescheduling shows?
davidrichards

Post by davidrichards » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:03 pm

Danslenoir
Once more you have applied logic and a precise analysis of the situation!
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:05 pm

If it is 50/50 that a concert might not go ahead do you warn people that there may be a problem whilst you try to get the show to go on? or do you just cancel it? which would you prefer?
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi gilly-rjd ~

Your posting made me smile. Aside from those who have actually already lost money and those whose hearts are feeling broken on behalf of someone else, your posting is a strong reminder of how fortunate we are to be immersed in this uncertainty. There was a time when there was ONLY ONE certainly and that was that Leonard would likely never be touring, again. We've come so far from that position that it's incredible. What a luxury for us to have something to grouse about... especially, when it concerns seeing Leonard.

Those who must plan their work schedules, my suggestion would be that the uncertainty of date be conveyed, but that the certainty of wanting the allotted time remains... and how best to work with that situation be asked of the employer. I know that it's worked for me in the past. Most, though not all, employers are willing to work with their employee... especially when there are situations beyond their control.

FOXWOOD ~ You're absolutely right in your implication. Information at whatever its stage will always be preferable to ignorance and sudden surprizes. Just ask Wendy.

All I can be sure of is Leonard's and his management's goodwill. Nothing could suit them better than to have specific dates on their docket. They all have lives, too.

I love the lemons to lemonade to fine wine analogy :D . Fits Leonard to a t 8) .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:10 pm

FOXWOOD wrote:If it is 50/50 that a concert might not go ahead do you warn people that there may be a problem whilst you try to get the show to go on? or do you just cancel it? which would you prefer?
They have stated that there is going to be a big announcement concerning the tour. Surely they would not have said this if it was undecided whether a show would happen or not.

As for warning people there is a problem, they have only "warned" us lot here, i'm guessing there are a lot of people who have bought tickets for these shows and who do not read this forum. Don't they deserve to be warned as well?
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Grace and goodwill are more simple matters when all is going well. They become tough and the real test comes when things appear to possibly go awry.

In my experience of purchasing tickets, the vendor of them has kept me informed. If people have bought from touters, all bets are off to begin with, as to whether they even have a valid ticket. Who knows but what the valid ticket agents aren't alerting the ticket holders that there is some uncertainty. Nothing that's been done here would affect those purchasers, anyway... if they're not reading here, they remain in ignorance... the same as they would with any concert cancellation or postponement anywhere in the world, the way it's always been.

Grace and goodwill... beautiful words. Leonard embodies them.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:23 pm

danslenoir wrote: As for warning people there is a problem, they have only "warned" us lot here, i'm guessing there are a lot of people who have bought tickets for these shows and who do not read this forum. Don't they deserve to be warned as well?
I can see where you are coming from but this means that you feel that jarkko should tell his information source that he only wants to be given information that he can release in full.

Therefore logically you should not be reading this thread! - all you have to do is to wait for any official announcement.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:31 pm

Hey BigDee and Michael ~

I haven't had time to read more than a few sentences of yours, BD, and Michael... none of yours, yet. Both have to wait 'til later. I can tell I endorse all you're saying, though. For now, that's enough.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:55 pm

lizzytysh wrote:Grace and goodwill are more simple matters when all is going well. They become tough and the real test comes when things appear to possibly go awry.

~ Lizzy
This is really quite patronising.
FOXWOOD wrote:
danslenoir wrote: As for warning people there is a problem, they have only "warned" us lot here, i'm guessing there are a lot of people who have bought tickets for these shows and who do not read this forum. Don't they deserve to be warned as well?
I can see where you are coming from but this means that you feel that jarkko should tell his information source that he only wants to be given information that he can release in full.

Therefore logically you should not be reading this thread! - all you have to do is to wait for any official announcement.
I'm happy for Jarkko to make whatever information he is allowed to available, but my point has nothing to do with what Jarkko should or shouldn't do.
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:27 pm

While waiting for THE ANNOUNCEMENT, I have been categorising members' comments as follows:

A) The Smileys : "Let's introduce a note of levity into this and cheer ourselves up".

B) The Cheer Leaders : "Everyone involved is wonderful and we should all be soooo... grateful ."

C) The Voice of Reason : "If our travel plans and finances are affected, the sooner we are told the better."

Leonard has always been a straight talker - still is, just listen to his Grammy acceptance speech ! I think he might favour approach C.
Last edited by TipperaryAnn on Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
something crazy

Post by something crazy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:31 pm

TipperaryAnn wrote: Leonard has always been a straight talker - still is, just listen to his Grammy acceptance speech ! I think he might favour approach C.
Yes, The Realists.

Return to “The World Tour 2010”