What is going on ?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
casterbridgecohen

Now what would Leonard think?

Post by casterbridgecohen »

This is probably the only website in the world where people on 4 continents are analysing the significance of three dots after a Finnish accountants signature!

I have jusr read the last four pages of posts in one hit and a psychologist would have a field day reviewing all these posts!

Nothing we can do about it. Life goes on whatever. We will know when we know and it may be nothing at all and in the great scheme of things we are debating whether a 75 year old singer may do a few more or fewer concerts. We are not pulling our children out of the ruins of Haiti.

And if Leonard was reading all these posts I wonder what would he be thinking................I feel bad that these people are worrying so much ................or..............Come on people its all Karma and whatever will be will be.
1970 IOW 2008 Dublin - Manchester - Glastonbury - Berlin - Cardiff - Bournemouth 2009 Vancouver - Victoria - Koln - Nimes - Bratislava - Budapest - Barcelona - L Vegas - San Jose 2010 Salzburg - Basel - Strasbourg - Lille - Victoria - Vancouver - L Vegas(2) 2012 Montreal - Quebec - NYC 2013 London - Amsterdam
golo99

Re: What is going on ?

Post by golo99 »

Oh for goodness sake, a WORLD TOUR is supposed to start in LESS THAN A MONTH. A 'world tour' that currently consists of nine dates. Really? Do you honestly think if this tour was going ahead they wouldn't already have announced and started selling concerts right through until the summer? I feel an idiot myself, not having noticed the lack of extra dates, the fact the jarkko kept putting back the date he was going to update the tour list (with whole new continents worth of gigs, he hinted). It's been going on for months now. Sorry, but Leonard will not be starting his world tour in March. He won't be replacing the existing locations with other cities on the same day - if he was playing gigs in even May/June (let alone earlier) they would already be announced if not on sale. Sad to say the I think the best we can hope for (the best I personally can hope for) is a postponment, with the existing cities/venues still hosting LC but with the gigs now taking place in the second half of this year. Like most on here, I will be out of pocket for hotels and travel, but *a* gig (albeit on a different date) is surely better than NO gig at all x
2008 Dublin June 15th, Manchester June 20th, Vienna Sept 24th, London Nov 17th, Brighton Nov 28th / 2009 Weybridge July 11th / 2010 Malmo Aug 4th, Lille Sept 25th / 2012 Dublin Sept 12th & 14th / 2013 Brighton Aug 28th
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Ah, Michael..I do believe you are languishing on the white beaches of Thailand and not exactly digging in the ruins of Haiti. "A 75 year old singer"? You did come all the way to Las Vegas for his concert, so I will give you a little leeway, but Leonard is far more than a 75 year old singer, and I think you are well aware of that! Life does go on. I don't know who would deny that. We are born..we live..we die. But there are moments that transcend the ordinary, and Leonard has taken many of us to those moments. Something is happening now. Concerts may be cancelled and plans put on hold. Yes, people may be concerned about the financial aspect BUT I think the overwhelming concern on this Forum (and throughout the 4 continents) is for the well-being of Leonard and/or for his family. We still don't know the reason for everything, and "hopefully" we will at some point tomorrow. I have no tickets, no hotels, no flights, no Eurostar booked....but my thoughts and prayers are with Leonard, and I maintain an optimistic view. There may be postponements...but he is still there for all of us. I really don't understand how karma enters into all of this, but I'm open for explanation!

Namaste..
Diana
casterbridgecohen

Post by casterbridgecohen »

Karma? Maybe I should have used a better choice of word

Maybe hes getting married.......maybe sales are down.......maybe hes tired.........maybe the album takes precedence...........maybe he has a Hernia.........maybe its a storm in a teacup......maybe its a marketing ploy as Arlene suggested?

My point is - we will know in due course. We are not entitled to knowing any sooner or later than his management judges and I have sufficient faith to believe neither Leonard nor his management would take any steps to deliberately worry any of us - which is why I think Leonard might be surprised at the reaction? - so I am not worried in that regard and if it was a health issue I suspect it would not be handled as ..........an important announcement is coming soon.

As it happens I am not on the beaches of Thailand but still at my desk at 4am so I can afford (the time) to go and I have booked flights back from Asia to get to Lille and Strasbourg and bought tickets for three of my staff as Xmas Gifts as well and if the concerts are cancelled I will be disapointed but hey.....life goes on.

My point was - and still is - in the grand scheme of thingss there are probably more important things to worry about because aint nothing we can do but wait!
1970 IOW 2008 Dublin - Manchester - Glastonbury - Berlin - Cardiff - Bournemouth 2009 Vancouver - Victoria - Koln - Nimes - Bratislava - Budapest - Barcelona - L Vegas - San Jose 2010 Salzburg - Basel - Strasbourg - Lille - Victoria - Vancouver - L Vegas(2) 2012 Montreal - Quebec - NYC 2013 London - Amsterdam
bridger15

Re: Now what would Leonard think?

Post by bridger15 »

casterbridgecohen wrote:This is probably the only website in the world where people on 4 continents are analysing the significance of three dots after a Finnish accountants signature!
gamblin' man (That's how I will always remember you from Las Vegas), this has to be one of the funniest comments that I have ever read on this forum. :lol: :D :lol: :D
---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

Keep it quiet...but Jarkko is secretly a master scientist, who has invented a formula that will enable people to fly to concerts like Superman or Supergirl!
SuzanneT

Post by SuzanneT »

I just hope that our fears are unnecessary, and that it notified all, the final form of the world tour. To be notified other places where people can enjoy the presence of genius, which no doubt is Leonard.
Conclusion of the novel The Count of Monte Cristo are the following sentence: if God decides otherwise, all human wisdom lies in two words - wait and hope! :!:
So hopefully Believe and that Leonard will give us another dose of his art, his charisma, his love ... 8)
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
antipodean heart

Post by antipodean heart »

Have you seen Jarkko's signature block of late??? 2010:...More!...

Jarkko, thank you, we appreciate your stealthy style! :D
2009 Bowral and Venice | 2010 Ljubljana and LVx2 | 2012 Verona | 2013 Sydney, Townsville and.....|
hydriot

Re: Now what would Leonard think?

Post by hydriot »

casterbridgecohen wrote:This is probably the only website in the world where people on 4 continents are analysing the significance of three dots after a Finnish accountants signature!
Only four? Surely not.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
Wissmann6

Post by Wissmann6 »

I don´t know if somebody else has already mentioned this blog on the Grammys:

http://showbiz411.blogs.thr.com/2010/02 ... e-rihanna/

It says: ...The legendary and beloved Leonard Cohen was not at last night’s show. But he did win a Lifetime Achievement Award. And his manager told me he’s working on new material for a new recording…

To add another speculation:

New album first, then start (postponed) tour.

Frank
2008: Oberhausen, Cardiff / 2009: Detroit, Cologne / 2010: Berlin, Gent, Wiesbaden, Dortmund / 2012: Gent (3x), Mönchengladbach / 2013: Oberhausen, Mannheim //
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Other members mentioned this info, but I hadn't actually seen this, so thank you Wissmann6!!!

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
confetti

Post by confetti »

more speculation: what about a change of personnel? Maybe some of the band members, don't want to do another tour.
:?
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
Amrei

Post by Amrei »

@ Diana:

I hope I didn´t offend you. You sounded so sure, so I had to tease you a little about possible inside information. ;-)

Anyhow - I totally agree with you.

Tomorrow, I hope, we all will be relieved. :roll: :)

Yours, Amrei
2009: Berlin 02.07.
2010: Hannover 27.09.; Dortmund 29.09.
2012: Copenhagen 25.08.; Aalborg 26.08.; Berlin 05.09.
2013: Hamburg 14.07.
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir »

Wissmann6 wrote: To add another speculation:

New album first, then start (postponed) tour.
That would be pretty poor form if that is the case. In fact, unless LC wants to reimburse everyone who has been purchasing non-refundable/non-changable travel arrangements and hotels etc since the start of December, there isn't really any good reason for postponing these dates other than, God forbid, illness. Postponement due to wanting record a new album would be especially annoying, as that should have been thought about in advance.

I do hope I'm wrong in my pessimistic outlook, and that these dates do go ahead as scheduled :?
TheSpice-BoxOfEarth

Post by TheSpice-BoxOfEarth »

I had a horrible nightmare last night, it was about Leonard`s death. :cry: :cry: He had edema and his breathing stopped in my car while he was joking with Clint Eastwood who was mortally ill, too. :( When I woke up I was frightened and sure that it was an omen. :cry:
And here I am now, at the library playing truant that I could read this thread and be sick with fear. Absurd... :?
A cross on every hill
A star, a minaret
So many graves to fill
O love, aren’t you tired yet?

- The Faith, Leonard Cohen

Return to “The World Tour 2010”