What is going on ?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Wissmann6

Re: What is going on ?

Post by Wissmann6 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:40 pm

From what Jarkko is able/ allowed to say so far it looks for me as if the tour 2010 would be postponed.

I am very sure that this will only be done for very serious reasons and that Leonard and his management will not cancel concerts with such short notice without a plan for the future tour schedule. The fact that publishing the information was already postponed twice now might be the result of "wheeling and dealing" with the different venues and local promoters.

As a lot of us (me including) are bound to their travel arrangements for the dates in March, we might be compensated with new/ additional dates for the rest of the year, hopefully closer to where home is for a lot of forum members. I am sure that Jarkko will share our concerns with the tour management and that they will do what they can to support us at least with any ticket related issues.

I still remain optimistic overall.

Frank
2008: Oberhausen, Cardiff / 2009: Detroit, Cologne / 2010: Berlin, Gent, Wiesbaden, Dortmund / 2012: Gent (3x), Mönchengladbach / 2013: Oberhausen, Mannheim
Amrei

Post by Amrei » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:59 pm

I hope with you, Frank --- but Jarkko wrote explicitely, that the announcement will not contain new tour dates. :(

Maybe it is about something else, totally different. Marriage? A special concert only for forum members? New record. More prizes?

I do hope, the announcement is about something like that.

(What do you know, Diana, what you don´t tell us ??????????) :roll: :shock: ;-)

Amrei
2009: Berlin 02.07.
2010: Hannover 27.09.; Dortmund 29.09.
2012: Copenhagen 25.08.; Aalborg 26.08.; Berlin 05.09.
2013: Hamburg 14.07.
ronnievv

Post by ronnievv » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:15 pm

ladydi wrote:Hi all,

Leonard is okay. I think we will all be very content/happy in a few days.
Diana
Thanks for assuring us, LadyDi. Your informations are usually accurate, if I recall correctly, and for the time being I'm quite content to wait (though nervously), believing Our Man is OK. I admit, though, that this is much easier for me then for some others, as I've been planning only on Bratislava so far, and that's just some four/five hours travel from Prague, so no big deal...
Veronika: Prague 2008/Berlin 2009/Bratislava 2009/Prague 2009/Prague 2013...
Citizen_Kane

Post by Citizen_Kane » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:31 pm

Wissmann6 wrote:From what Jarkko is able/ allowed to say so far it looks for me as if the tour 2010 would be postponed. [...] As a lot of us (me including) are bound to their travel arrangements for the dates in March, we might be compensated with new/ additional dates for the rest of the year, hopefully closer to where home is for a lot of forum members. [...]

Frank
...as drsing has supposed earlier in this thread
drsing wrote:My guess about "What's going on" is, that we will get a whole new list with lots of new concerts taking place after the summer. Leonard takes a rest now.
All new dates and new cities (including The Hague, Netherlands... :roll: ), and also including the cities that are now removed from the site. They all take place later this year. That is why Jarkko gave us the advice: "holding off on booking flights that cannot be changed". So these concert tickets are still valid, but the dates are postponed, and new dates will be added to the itinerary. Still my guess though.
Just wait till Tuesday ;-)
2008: Manchester, Brussels (2), Rotterdam - 2009: Lisboa - 2010: Lille, Dortmund - 2012: Ghent (3), Amsterdam (2) - 2013: Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam!
Evie B

Post by Evie B » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:01 pm

My feeling all along has been that maybe Leonard, though basically well as we have seen, may need some surgery or procedure(s), his full recovery from which cannot be guaranteed in time for the current tour dates.

I hope I am wrong but the sudden nature of this problem, i.e. such a short time after the recent new concert sale, seems to indicate unforseen circumstances. Hope I am wrong but these sort of things can happen to any of us, regardless of age.

An the other hand, it could just be AEG...

Evie B
...he shows you where to look amid the garbage and the flowers
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:09 pm

Amrei wrote: (What do you know, Diana, what you don´t tell us ??????????) :roll: :shock: ;-)

Amrei
Hi Amrei,

Had to smile at your comment! Actually, I'm in the same position as everyone else....wondering, worrying, and with a sort of sick feeling in my stomach. My personal guess is that A) the present tour will be cancelled B) there will be a new album and C) a even better tour will follow the album at some time in the future. I DO know that Leonard and Robert would never do something like this at the last minute unless there is a VERY important reason. This has to also be very hard on Jarkko, Marie, and all the moderators. For all our sakes, I truly hope we get some answers tomorrow.

Diana

sorry ronnievv...my "happy" position had reason to change a little, but I too think this is only a postponement. Nothing official...just a hunch. I'm NOT changing my signature :)
something crazy

Post by something crazy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:26 pm

It is hard to see that this can be anything other than a postponement or cancellation as Jarkko, normally so good at 'steering' the speculation, has not said anything to counter this (which, despite his hands being tied, I think he would in some subtle way).

So we brace ourselves...
davidrichards

Post by davidrichards » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:43 pm

Something crazy said "It is hard to see that this can be anything other than a postponement or cancellation". If this is so, why are Ticketmaster's European affiliates still selling tickets? Even the normal "money grabbing" ticket sellers can't be that devious, can they?
Dave
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:45 pm

I see that Jarkko's signature doesn't shows "2010: Zagreb" any more...
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:48 pm

tomsakic wrote:I see that Jarkko's signature doesn't shows "2010: Zagreb" any more...
Hi Tom,

Jarkko removed that a few days ago. A very sharp forum member noticed it almost immediately!
something crazy

Post by something crazy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:52 pm

davidrichards wrote: Even the normal "money grabbing" ticket sellers can't be that devious, can they?
Wanna bet?

Another member reported on the Moscow thread that Russian ticket seller has informed members via email about a possible cancellation or delay to the Moscow date. And I believe that these tickets are now blocked if you try to buy them through the original site.
Inne

Post by Inne » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:43 pm

AEG is still advertising the ticket sale, I tried to buy one for Marseille and it worked perfectly .
For some reasons I still don't believe all the concerts will be cancelled or postponed.
Let's just wait and see ...
Inne
Silence
and a deeper silence
when the crickets
hesitate
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:47 pm

Gosh, what an extraordinary amount of speculation is going on - most of it negative!!

(Incidentally, I am so moved by the award clips and photos that various Forum members have put up earlier in this thread, thank you, thank you, wonderful stuff, had not seen any of them before. ...'our Leonard Cohen...')

Hey guys, a little patience, there are obviously good reasons why Jarkko has made his statement about the forthcoming announcement, and why he needed to change the date of that announcement from 30/31 Jan to 2 Feb, and cannot tell us yet what it's about.

Winding ourselves up with wild imaginings til getting sick is a bit silly..I'm happy just to wait half my life away (or at least til you can tell us whatever it is, Jarkko). Maybe there's a miracle to come..

Guess I fall into the optimist camp.

Sue (Merlyn)
something crazy

Post by something crazy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:52 pm

Suemerlyn wrote:
Guess I fall into the optimist camp.
Or the camp that hasn't bought tickets yet? :roll:
mydoglorca

Post by mydoglorca » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:57 pm

or the camp that hasn't booked non-refundable hotels & trains? :?:
1976 Bristol 1979 Birmingham 1988 RAH x 2, 1993 RAH x 2 & Madrid, 2008 Edinburgh, London O2, Cardiff, Bournemouth, RAH 17 Nov, Birmingham, Manchester 30 Nov, 2009 Weybridge, Liverpool, Dublin 19 & 20th,2010 September -Marseille, Tours, Lille, 2012 12 & 14 Aug Ghent,Wembley x22013 O2, Antwerp, Bournemouth, Manchester

Return to “The World Tour 2010”