Moscow, Russia, October 7, 2010

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Mabeanie1

Re: Moscow Pre-sale

Post by Mabeanie1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:59 am

Gilly

I hope you can find out more tomorrow as SecretLife says. I feel for you - I so nearly pushed the boat out myself to go to the Moscow concert ....

Good luck

Wendy
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:15 am

Gilly,

I wish you all the best also. Moscow was my main objective because of many memories, but then I decided I couldn't afford it. However, my heart still remains there and if you are able to go in October (and the agency selling the tickets gets everything together!) I will be with you vicariously.

Good luck!
Diana
gilly-rjd

Post by gilly-rjd » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:51 am

Thank you Wendy! Thank you Diana! Am trying to be patient; after last week I should be good at that.........Moscow has been 'difficult' from the start! Yes, I was pushing the boat out ( am I now drowning??), but it was my retirement treat. Now, I'm not sure where I stand re. tickets, the hotel will charge for either a cancellation or a change of dates, and worse of all is British Airways. If cancelled, they will refund me £69 (flights were £440) :( :( If I change the dates, they will charge me £200 :( I feel like cancelling everything and forgetting it! FORTUNATELY, I do have 3rd row seats for Lille, so will have something to look forward to! :?
Oh Leonard! look what you do to us ladies...........
Gilly
- 2008 - Birmingham - 2009 -Liverpool - 2010 - Sligo, Lille
2012 -Guent, Paris - 2013 Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham
MaryB

Post by MaryB » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:24 pm

Gilly,

My heart goes out to you. I do hope there is a favorable outcome for you. It is nice to know that there is a bit of a 'silver lining' for you with the third row seats in Lille. After that experience, if you do decide to continue on to Moscow in spite of the extra fees, you will probably discover that it was so well worth it. After all, you are entitled to a retirement treat 8) :D !

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
SecretLife

Re: Moscow, Russia, October 7, 2010

Post by SecretLife » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:20 pm

The good news is that we phoned the ticket agent Parter today (rather my wife did!), and they confirmed that they can either offer a refund or the tickets will still be valid for the rescheduled concert. They didn't seem to know the rescheduled date (although I did) but confirmed their ticket policy. I guess they didn't want to jump the gun on the new date in case it wasn't 100%. So your tickets should be good for the new date! That's some good news I suppose.

Regarding British Airways, they can be annoying that way with their unflexible fares. Unfortunately think it might be a situation of in for a penny, in for a pound. But you shouldn't have to pay to rebook your hotel?!! Just cancel the reservation.

I'm also a bit gutted as I was really looking forward to Leonard coming to Moscow. But try not to worry too much. Keep your spirits up and fingers crossed you'll see him in Moscow in October. Things aren't much different in Moscow than anywhere else regarding rescheduled gigs!!
gilly-rjd

Post by gilly-rjd » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:28 am

SecetLife,
Thanks for your reply. Noticed on an up-dated kassir.ru site today that tickets are valid for October (though new tickets not on sale yet??). Have written to B.A. and am awaiting reply before I make a decision. However, I have a feeling my husband will make that decision for me; with everything going on this past week, he is not really interested any more - he needed gentle persuasion in the first place! Oh well............
Gilly
- 2008 - Birmingham - 2009 -Liverpool - 2010 - Sligo, Lille
2012 -Guent, Paris - 2013 Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham

Post by 747 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:57 am

Hello all,

The hour is getting late and I'm acting on impulse so please find it in your hearts to excuse the cursory rambling that is to follow.

Let me start off my saying that this great community you guys have got going here! It's always nice to have a place where you can congregate with people who all share a common specific interest.

On to what brings me here this late night : I've always wanted to see LC live in concert and I've always wanted to visit Russia (women, MiGs, Kremlin Square, more women, need I say more?) And alas, the perfect opportunity presents itself to me : Leonard Cohen - Live in Moscow, Russia ; October 7, 2010 - sounds like a date!

The link to purchase tickets for this concert on Leonard's official tour page directs you a website whose content is available only in the language of the Czar and commissar - one that I do not speak. Is there an English speaking ticket broker who can sell me a single ticket?

Air ticket, hotel accommodation, visa(?) etc, etc... that is all still to come, but it will all be part in vain if I am unable to get my hands on a concert ticket!

Thanks for reading!
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:01 am

No problem 747 - there is an English page here:

http://www.kassir.ru/en/msk/db/text/154532469.html

Wendy

Post by 747 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:18 pm

Mabeanie1 wrote:No problem 747 - there is an English page here:

http://www.kassir.ru/en/msk/db/text/154532469.html

Wendy
Hi Wendy, thank you so much for the link.

Now that I know what's still available, I must dig to see how many Russian Roubles my empty pockets have left in them. :oops:

Jinal
casterbridgecohen

Post by casterbridgecohen » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:09 am

(women, MiGs, Kremlin Square, more women, need I say more?)

The days when you could enjoy the company of a MIG pilot's younger sister in exchange for a pair of used denims have long since passed but it is still a great city but with some of the worlds most expensive.................hotels
1970 IOW 2008 Dublin - Manchester - Glastonbury - Berlin - Cardiff - Bournemouth 2009 Vancouver - Victoria - Koln - Nimes - Bratislava - Budapest - Barcelona - L Vegas - San Jose 2010 Salzburg - Basel - Strasbourg - Lille - Victoria - Vancouver - L Vegas(2) 2012 Montreal - Quebec - NYC 2013 London - Amsterdam

Post by 747 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:40 am

casterbridgecohen wrote:(women, MiGs, Kremlin Square, more women, need I say more?)

The days when you could enjoy the company of a MIG pilot's younger sister in exchange for a pair of used denims have long since passed but it is still a great city but with some of the worlds most expensive.................hotels
The days when air travel and border control were so much less of a hassle have also long since passed. Unfortunately due to my legal status in the United States, I am unable to apply for a Russian visa at the local embassy. They want me to apply for the visa in my home country (~9,000 miles away). :(

Guess I will now have to look into Vegas and/or Honolulu.

I envy all you Cohenites that make it to Moscow!

Return to “The World Tour 2010”