Leonard, don't do France

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
tinderella

Leonard, don't do France

Post by tinderella »

There is a war between the rich and poor
a war between les bleus and the green

There is a ban on pain au chocolate for me
there is a pain so hard i can hardly see

Leonard please don't do France next year
Let's drown our sorrows in a glass of beer

Leonard, please detour to your Ireland
There's a law, there's an Arm, there's a Hand
Attachments
the Hand of Gaul
the Hand of Gaul
Last edited by tinderella on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pete

Re: Leonard, don't do France

Post by Pete »

tinderella wrote:There is a war between the rich and poor
a war between les bleus and the green

There is a ban of pain au chocolate for me
there is a pain so hard i can hardly see

Leonard please dont do France next year
Let's drown our sorrows in a glass of beer

Leonard, please detour to your Ireland
There's a law, there's an Arm, there is a hand
:lol:
just a minute, Bernadine.... you're deadly serious aren't you!
I suggest that Leonard tours the country which wins the world cup next year and if France win then he does Ireland instead.... and if England win ...... if England win........good grief, what am I saying????

pete
1974: Brighton Dome 1976: Birmingham Town Hall 1993: London RAH 2008: Manchester Opera House, London O2, Matlock Bandstand, Birmingham NEC 2009: Liverpool Echo Arena 2013 Birmingham
trish

Post by trish »

Bernie

Beautiful poem and very eloquently put. "A bitter night" is what our man Trap said in the interview afterwrards, but your poem is very gracious yet pleading. Love the way you weave in the Leonard lyrics - beautifully HANDled if I may say so....

Pete

Yes she is deadly serious. And what do you mean "if France win"... are you assuming that they are still going to the finals???
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Lol, Thanks my fellow Dubliner :) ... Pete you would have to be Irish to understand our pain
trish

Post by trish »

tinderella wrote:There's a law, there's an Arm, there's a Hand
Bernie.. Now that I hear it, i don't know why this is not the music being used in all the footage of the event... I must write to RTE and Sky and suggest it because as you know we'll be seeing that videoclip for decades to come... (especially that we are now in recession)

Having bought tickets to France March 2010 myself I was wondering if the chagrin will have healed by then.... Or if I will have to be a conscientious objector, LOL

Pete, how long did it take you to get over the Hand of God? (If ever?)
Pete

Post by Pete »

tinderella wrote:Lol, Thanks my fellow Dubliner :) ... Pete you would have to be Irish to understand our pain
I can feel your pain. I'm a football fan. You woz robbed.
trish wrote: Pete, how long did it take you to get over the Hand of God? (If ever?)
Damn..... I'd blanked that from my memory and now unleashed the demons from within. My pain is doubled.

Pete
1974: Brighton Dome 1976: Birmingham Town Hall 1993: London RAH 2008: Manchester Opera House, London O2, Matlock Bandstand, Birmingham NEC 2009: Liverpool Echo Arena 2013 Birmingham
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Trish and Tinds...

In San Jose I VERY emphatically told Ed Sanders that if Dublin was ever added to the list again, there would be a lot of Americans there! I for one want to experience that marvellous Irish spirit! Marie (IrishMar) was actively campaigning, and it was because of her I made my statement! Leonard loves Ireland and hopefully it WILL happen again!

Fingers crossed.....

ps...if I get enough fans, maybe we can also bring "San Jose" with us :D :D ..the combination could be lethal ;-)
Liamberney

Post by Liamberney »

Tinderella

It's not really a matter of life and death is it (I know, it's more important than that)

It needs to be made clear to everyone, that in Ireland there is this massive social event every four years that involves all the citizens in the land, but relies on Ireland qualifying for the world cup.
If it is any consolation, I feel certain LC will tour Ireland and even do Cork (and the new opera house in Wexford - would'nt that be great!)
Henning

Post by Henning »

That's hilarious, Tinderbella.

I know how you feel. I suffer for one whole day each weekend when there are not 3 points on my BVB score and that happens far too often and it is always because of a false or missed whistle by the referee.

Wouldn't it be more than just a sign, if Leonard would add The Law to the setlist in France ?

Trish, please go for that campaign. You both will be national heroes by law. Statues will be raised next to the spear. Boys of fourteen will touch your iron breasts.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Well, thank you all my friends from far and wide, you make me feel a little better now. :)

Just to emphasis to Leonard...............

Now the deal has been dirty
since the match began
so do a detour to Ireland and ease this football fan

Please come back to the Emerald Isle
You're a Paddy at heart, not a Francophile :) :)

Much Love
Tinderella
Henning

Post by Henning »

WOW - this incident really forces the poet in you. I bow my baldy. We Germans once were cheated, too, but I won't go into details because for that I had to go back to 66 and who really wants to go back to 66 ? Well - 66 was not so bad. I saw my first match on TV then in May - BVB playing Liverpool in the European Cup final in Glasgow. The beginning of a love story that lasts til today. Heja BVB.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
howthelightgetsin

Post by howthelightgetsin »

its only football :roll: although an Irish date would be good - easier to get there :)
Aymi Derham photography - http://www.flickr.com/takenby1
Henning

Post by Henning »

What do you mean with "It's only football" ?
IT'S DARKER NOW
casterbridgecohen

Post by casterbridgecohen »

We have video replay at Cohen concerts - why not in football?

'Takes the human element out of the game'

and

'Would break the flow of the game'

is pure unadulterated bullshit. Look at how much time is lost for 'injuries'

The authorities should be doing everything to ensure that the correct and fair result is obtained. Most other leading sports can accommodate replays - how come football cannot?

Blatter out!....................but I am still going to Lille!
1970 IOW 2008 Dublin - Manchester - Glastonbury - Berlin - Cardiff - Bournemouth 2009 Vancouver - Victoria - Koln - Nimes - Bratislava - Budapest - Barcelona - L Vegas - San Jose 2010 Salzburg - Basel - Strasbourg - Lille - Victoria - Vancouver - L Vegas(2) 2012 Montreal - Quebec - NYC 2013 London - Amsterdam
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what do you mean it's only football!!!

Football is passion, football is life

Football means more than a husband or wife

Football and music the perfect pair

Make life so worth living

And there ends my prayer

.................. I am a lousy poet... Please forgive me Leonard :)

Return to “The World Tour 2010”