Dear Heather Download

Leonard Cohen's recent albums - share your views with others!
nightingale

Dear Heather Download

Post by nightingale »

Hi to everybody!

I´m 31 and I´ve been a Lenny Fan since I was 15 when I discovered his work. I was also talking to him for a while after one of his concerts (The Future Tour). He´s some kind of G-d to me.

Anyhow, this is to say something important: I´ve been very pleased ´cause I´ve already got Dear Heather, the full album, almost a month and a half before its release date. Now the question is How? There´s a website where you can download the full original album with a perfect sound (digital mp3). Although I´m very glad to have found this website and to have the full album I wonder what the consequences to Leonard will be for the sales because only on that day the site counter counted more than 600 downloads of Dear Heather (the full album). I will buy the c.d. anyhow ´cause I have every Cohen´s single item bought because I like to have the originals, but I suppose that not everybody will do the same.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Nightingale ~

I hate hearing that kind of information, as it's highly likely Leonard is losing out with that website. From what I understand, there are some sites, where the artist can benefit. I'm not knowledgeable in that area, at all ~ with the what and why of it all ~ but my sense is that wherever you got it [and I hope you don't spread the info, though it's probably easily attainable :( ] just denied Leonard of 600 sales.

Welcome to the Forum, in any case, Nightingale :D . I'm very glad to hear that you intend to purchase the original cd :D .

~ Lizzytysh
greenfeld69

Post by greenfeld69 »

lizzytysh wrote:Hi Nightingale ~

I hate hearing that kind of information, as it's highly likely Leonard is losing out with that website. From what I understand, there are some sites, where the artist can benefit. I'm not knowledgeable in that area, at all ~ with the what and why of it all ~ but my sense is that wherever you got it [and I hope you don't spread the info, though it's probably easily attainable :( ] just denied Leonard of 600 sales.

Welcome to the Forum, in any case, Nightingale :D . I'm very glad to hear that you intend to purchase the original cd :D .

~ Lizzytysh
Yep, it's out there for free download. No profits to Len. I'll be buying it!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Me, too, Greenfeld ~ and an additional purchase for my former husband, as well. Support him with our words, but not with our earnings, which in turn allow for his? Doesn't sound like 'support' to me!
Anne

Post by Anne »

A for promo only copy of Dear Heather is for sale on ebay right now. It is labelled Not for Sale. Amazingly enough, people are bidding on it. Some people have no ethics.
greenfeld69

Post by greenfeld69 »

Anne wrote:A for promo only copy of Dear Heather is for sale on ebay right now. It is labelled Not for Sale. Amazingly enough, people are bidding on it. Some people have no ethics.
I don't think it's unethical to bid on it, really, I mean if you're a Cohen completist or a collector, it will be a rare treat. Chances are, they will pay over the odds and, if they do, they're probably the kind of fan that will buy the retail release just to own it.
jurica

Post by jurica »

i've also downloaded the album, but am going to buy it anyway. so it may not be so bad for Leonard - maybe all of those 600+ people will eventualy buy the album when it comes out. it's just that we couldn't wait to get it!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

How about e-bay's ethics? Don't they have any kind of parameters? "Not for Sale" seems pretty clear-cut to me. "Not for Auction," "Not for Bid" need to be added to the album covers? And, as for e-bay.............. :evil:
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Croatian sony doens't get promo copies from the headquarters... So thanks Jurica! We confess our sin, but we will buy the album in a month:)
tom
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

ah-Ah!... here I found my answer...
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers

Return to “Live in London, Dear Heather, The Essential Leonard Cohen, Ten New Songs”