CONCERT REPORT: San José, Nov 13

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
ladydi

Re: CONCERT REPORT: San José, Nov 13

Post by ladydi »

Hi Maarten,

Your photos are excellent and then there are a few that are exquisite! Some are of Leonard...some Dino...some Rafael...some Hattie; these are the ones where your camera seems to push beyond the outer self, and unveils a glimpse of the inner. Awesome!

They bring back wonderful memories! Thank you!

Diana
sharon.e

Post by sharon.e »

Maarten's photos are incomparable, yet here are a few more (3 at a time):
IMG_2131_0005.jpg
IMG_2125_0011.jpg
&quot;I was born like this, I had no choice<br />I was born with the gift of a golden voice&quot;
"I was born like this, I had no choice
I was born with the gift of a golden voice"
2009 Tel Aviv; San Jose
2010 Sligo [x2] ; Las Vegas [x2]
2012 Berlin; Paris; New York, Brooklyn
2013 London (Sept); Amsterdam
sharon.e

Post by sharon.e »

IMG_2055_0079.jpg
IMG_2097_0039.jpg
IMG_2101_0035.jpg
2009 Tel Aviv; San Jose
sharon.e

Post by sharon.e »

Glow lights a-la San Jose
Glow lights a-la San Jose
Glowing all the time..:-)
Glowing all the time..:-)
IMG_2042_0092.jpg
2009 Tel Aviv; San Jose
sharon.e

Post by sharon.e »

last batch:
&quot;.. the way they communicate with one another, the way they communicate with Leonard- it’s almost invisible, yet it’s so magnetically there.&quot;
".. the way they communicate with one another, the way they communicate with Leonard- it’s almost invisible, yet it’s so magnetically there."
the art of gratitude
the art of gratitude
snap, and then.. my battery died..
snap, and then.. my battery died..
2009 Tel Aviv; San Jose
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Sharon,

It truly is incredible to watch the interaction between everyone on stage! Every musician can stand alone as a master; however, blending all their talents creates a masterpiece! Thanks so much for not only your photos but for your beautiful review. You came so far....and, as one of our premiere "polka-dot whirlers" contributed so much!! Wish I had had time to speak with you more...but perhaps in Israel next year ( ;-) ???)

Look forward SO much to seeing you again!

Diana

ps...GREAT photo of Dino! He was so much in the dark that most people weren't able to capture him! A very special moment!
astranger

Post by astranger »

I don't remember Dino playing guitar in Durham. What song is that for?
Jake.........Durham, NC 11-3-09; Brooklyn, NY 12-20-12
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Astranger,

Dino...for the first time I remember on this tour...played a guitar during "Feels So Good..." both in Vegas and San Jose. Interesting to see.... He is incredibly talented!

edited to say that I "think" this was the first time on the tour...perhaps he did in KC or one of the other cities...
Last edited by ladydi on Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
astranger

Post by astranger »

ladydi wrote:Astranger,

Dino...for the first time I remember on this tour...played a guitar during "Feels So Good..." both in Vegas and San Jose. Interesting to see.... He is incredibly talented!
ok, that would have been my guess. yes, Dino is something else!
Jake.........Durham, NC 11-3-09; Brooklyn, NY 12-20-12
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I've added this into my own account on Page 3 of this thread:
Along with my offering, I also passed along the polka-dot blouse that Sheila [imaginary friend] had given me when we met near the merchandise table before the show. She explained that she was too far back to try to throw it. At first, I encouraged her to try, but after getting seated, I was glad that she had given me hers, as sitting in the third row, I was still too far to try to throw.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Actually

Post by Actually »

Every single time I have to wonder how people manage to take pictures during the shows. Although I always have my camera with me, I don't even think about taking pictures then...
But there are thousands of pictures, anyway, and they're all better than the ones I would take :lol:
CinCin

Post by CinCin »

Maartan, your photos are phenomenal! Well done.
From bitter searching of the heart, we rise to play a greater part. Frank Scott (Although I would never have heard it if it weren't for Leonard Cohen).

Phoenix, April 2009; Nashville, Nov. 5, 2009; San Jose, Nov. 13, 2009.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Actually wrote:Every single time I have to wonder how people manage to take pictures during the shows. Although I always have my camera with me, I don't even think about taking pictures then...
But there are thousands of pictures, anyway, and they're all better than the ones I would take :lol:
Hi Nico,

It's quite amazing. During the first few months of the tour (well over a year ago), we were lucky if we saw a photo here and there. After last spring everything seemed to go nuts! Suddenly there were photos everywhere...and of course, our esteemed Albert Noonan was video-taping every major concert! I don't even try to take photos anymore....instead I simply get into the concert! My one exception was videoing "Feels So Good" in Vegas...mainly for my own enjoyment.

It's sort of like a few years ago when I went on a whale-watching zodiac boat. It was a picture perfect day in the Pacific off Anacortes Island. We were surrounded by two pods of whales, about 45 in each. It was like suddenly being in the candy store and everything was free! But after a few minutes I stashed my camera, simply to savour the moments....groups of 4 dipping under our boat and surfacing on the other side...a mother sliding by, nursing her young whale....playful males leaping 30 feet into the air and splashing hard on the ocean. Sometimes the eyes are better than cameras and the moments last in the heart forever! Same with Leonard.... :D
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Great analogy of what it's like to be at one of Leonard's concerts, too, Diana. It's that feeling of being present at a rarity in Nature.

playful males leaping 30 feet into the air and splashing hard on the ocean
Dino and Rafael [and Sharon with her leaps in Boogie Street]
groups of 4 dipping under our boat and surfacing on the other side
Neil, Bob, Rafael, Javier, Dino [at different times]
a mother sliding by, nursing her young whale
Sharon, with Leonard
Sharon, with Hattie and Charley
simply to savour the moments....groups of 4 dipping under our boat and surfacing on the other side...a mother sliding by, nursing her young whale....playful males leaping 30 feet into the air and splashing hard on the ocean.
Leonard, with everyone

I could have given more exacting parallels if you'd given even more particulars.

When I went on a whale watch and we saw them, it was exactly like that: "It was like suddenly being in the candy store and everything was free!" ~ except we weren't as blessed by THAT high of numbers as you were 8) .
a mother sliding by, nursing her young whale
What an awesome sight that had to be :) 8) :) .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Vlastik

Post by Vlastik »

Hi ladies,

Great analogy. Leonard /and his band/ is, of course, force of nature.

Vlasta

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”