San Jose meet-up November 13th - details of locations

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Mollydog

Re: San Jose meet-up - details of locations

Post by Mollydog »

I've posted the details of the meet up at the beginning of the thread.

Mary
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
Misty Marie

Re: San Jose meet-up November 13th - detail of locations

Post by Misty Marie »

Thanks so much Mary. We'll be with friends, but I do look forward to meeting you all. Don't know what the friends have planned for us ... but I'll see what I can do. ;-)

Misty
“When legend Cohen takes to the stage, it’s no less than a cultural event of Biblical dimensions.” – The Independent
Phoenix 2009; San Jose 2009; Las Vegas 2010
ladydi

Re: San Jose meet-up November 13th - details of locations

Post by ladydi »

Hi Mary,

I'm staying at the de Anza, and will be more than happy to show up a little earlier downstairs and secure the area for all of us! Thanks for all you have done with the arrangements and phone calls etc etc.... So wonderful!

Take care,
Diana
annaraven

Post by annaraven »

We're staying at the Arena. So dinner before sounds good but we'll be probably turning pumpkin (my DH is pretty early to bed) pretty early. And my daughter isn't old enuf to drink. So we probably won't join you for drinks. But maybe... we'll have to see how things go that night. I'm really excited!
j6ppc

Post by j6ppc »

counting the days!
scant 5 to be exact.
Bests

Jon
mnkyface

Post by mnkyface »

Di,
I'll be there early too. Let's be early together ("let's see if we're that strong") :lol: :lol: ok, I'm punchy...so excited...5 days!!! :D :D
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Post by ladydi »

Hi mnkyface!

Sounds great! Can't wait for San Jose but don't want to rush it because Vegas is first! Can't believe it's almost here!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I'll pm you my cell phone number....
Misty Marie

Post by Misty Marie »

For those interested in the SJ weather on Friday ... looks like the best of the week: sunny, HI 61, LO 42 (preceded by a day of rain on Thursday). What could be more perfect ... oh, that's right ... there's a concert going on ... :lol:

Misty

:lol: Have to laugh ... I got my reminder from Ticketmaster that my "event" is coming soon. Right. Like I could forget ... :roll:
“When legend Cohen takes to the stage, it’s no less than a cultural event of Biblical dimensions.” – The Independent
CinCin

Post by CinCin »

I'm getting excited! Mary, my friend Barb and I will be joining the early dinner and the after concert festivities. I am so grateful that the Tour will take up again in 2010; I was having a very hard time with the thought we could have been attending Leonard's last concert. This is much better . . . :)
From bitter searching of the heart, we rise to play a greater part. Frank Scott (Although I would never have heard it if it weren't for Leonard Cohen).

Phoenix, April 2009; Nashville, Nov. 5, 2009; San Jose, Nov. 13, 2009.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Misty Marie wrote: :lol: Have to laugh ... I got my reminder from Ticketmaster that my "event" is coming soon. Right. Like I could forget ... :roll:
Hi Misty Marie,

A couple of us were laughing about the same thing today! Gee, thank you Ticketmaster...I completely forgot that I'm going all the way across the country :D and spending a small fortune :D ...to see Leonard Cohen! :roll: :roll:
Misty Marie

Post by Misty Marie »

:lol: Right. This event isn't exactly on the low priority list - like taking out the garbage. Heck, I don't usually pack a suitcase for that. :roll:
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Well, I guess maybe Ticketmaster feels it's considerate wherever possible. We could have a discussion with them and assist in rearranging a few of their priorities :roll: .

Yeah, gee... dang! I almost forgot!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Misty Marie

Post by Misty Marie »

I guess with some concerts the attendees could be so strung out on whatever that they just might not remember which day is which or what they have tickets for. The friendly reminder is probably just part of what we pay for :? .
skittlebeans

Post by skittlebeans »

I will be coming to the concert too and hope to make it to the drinks preshow. Got called into jury duty for the 13th so may not get to San Jose from San Francisco until time for the show. Can't wait to see LC again.

Judy
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Judy,

If jury duty prevents you from making the pre-concert meet up at the de Anza, you are more than welcome to join us post-concert at the Fairmont! Not sure if you have seen one of Leonard's recent concerts but they are magical, and you will never forget or regret that you were there! :D

And...welcome to the Forum! See you on Friday!

All the best,
Diana

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”