CONCERT REPORT: Cleveland, October 25

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
bkmccalla

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Cleveland, October 25

Post by bkmccalla »

ken, you really should try to get out here for the last concert in san jose. please try to come. we'd all love to see you.

interesting what you say about FBR. it was the one song that when i first heard it on this tour, in athens (he hadn't been performing it before then), caused me to really lose it. i cried so hard i scared myself, and the lovely greek gentleman i was with. but he understood.

please try to come to san jose. we will be having one hell of a party after the concert and probably a dinner beforehand and it would be really great if you could be there.

best, always,
bonnie
1970, 1983, 1988, 1993/Lyon July 9/Bruges July 10/Amsterdam July 12/Lisbon July 19/Nice July 22/Lucca July 27/Rome July 28/Athens July 30/Beacon February 19/Oakland April 13, 14, 15/Kingston May 22/London May 24/Ottawa May 25, 26/Red Rocks June 4/Las Vegas November 12/San Jose November 13/Las Vegas December 2011 x2/San Jose November 2012/Oakland March 2, 3 2013...i've obviously lost my mind...
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Kenadian wrote:I am saddened to think that it is coming to an end soon (only Nashville left for me..OK maybe San Jose too), but I'll refuse to believe it until it is true.
Cheers,
Ken(adian)
Hi Ken,

Well, I'm with Bonnie! Look...150 concerts a year! You are totally crazy...you are also totally lucky! You CAN DO San Jose!

It's only a short flight from Toronto to SFO (yeah, right :roll: ) and then either car, cab, or ground transportation to San Jose! Lots of hotels...and a MEGA concert!

ps..why not Las Vegas too? And come on the 11th...we're having a great dinner meetup!
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

hey diana,

did u c the pix of leonard w/FREDIII in the columbus (i think--confused from too much narcohen) postings? how's FREDII doing?

have fun in sj/lv

bob
Kenadian

Post by Kenadian »

bkmccalla wrote:ken, you really should try to get out here for the last concert in san jose. please try to come. we'd all love to see you.
ladydi wrote: It's only a short flight from Toronto to SFO (yeah, right :roll: ) and then either car, cab, or ground transportation to San Jose! Lots of hotels...and a MEGA concert!

ps..why not Las Vegas too? And come on the 11th...we're having a great dinner meetup!
The odds makers have put me at even odds to go :-) So if what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, will we not get any reports???

There still lots of time right? ;-)

Cheers,
Ken(adian)
2008: Kitchener|Hamilton x2|Toronto x3|Montreal x2|2009: New York|Detroit|New York x2|Hamilton|Kingston|Ottawa x2 |Colmar|Vienne|Nimes|Philadelphia|New York MSG)|Cleveland|Nashville|2010: Sligo x2|Lisbon |Caen|Grenoble|Strasbourg|Marseille|Tours|Lille|Victoria|Vancouver|Oakland x2|Vegas x2|and more.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

goldstei wrote: did u c the pix of leonard w/FREDIII in the columbus (i think--confused from too much narcohen) postings? how's FREDII doing?

bob
Sorry to disappoint you Bob, but that was not Fred. It a mini Fred I had tossed on stage :D .
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

From The Cauldron -
http://www.csucauldron.com/news/2009/11 ... 0039.shtml

Monday, Nov. 02
Home > Arts & Entertainment

Leonard Cohen Gives Allen Theatre Night to Remember

Ricardo Derrek J. Brown
Issue date: 11/2/09 Section: Arts & Entertainment

On October 25th, Leonard Cohen came to Cleveland and he gave the Allen
Theatre quite the show. Put simply; the concert was awesome. Cohen refuses to lose
his grace or style, and his voice has only gotten richer with the
passing of time. He stopped in Cleveland to perform the old
favorites like "I'm Your Man" and "Anthem." The master performer managed
to make a concert that was scheduled to last only two hours go on for
nearly four due to all the encore performances. He brought his
whole band with him, a huge ensemble, and with each band member
being a master at his or her craft, it was a special treat.
It was easy to lose count of how many times Cohen and
the band got a standing ovation from the awe-swept crowd.

He sang "Hallelujah," "Waitin' on the Miracle," and so many other favorites. Cohen
continues to prove that he is an amazing showman by performing songs
that never lose their edge. Then again, Cohen himself has not lost a
single step. At the age of 75, he continues to be one of the most
celebrated names in music. It is no surprise Cohen's lyrics are so meaningful, considering Cohen did not even start off in music,
but poetry. The poet always shines through in his songs,
like the opening lyrics to Anthem, "ring the bells that still can
ring, forget your perfect offering, there is a crack, a crack in
everything that's how the light gets in…."

The man is a unique and exceptional performer. To sit in the audience and watch him
perform is like no other concert experience-- his voice, his
band, and his magical words made the show unforgettable. After going to the show, one comes to
understand the beauty of well-crafted message. He moved across the stage and sang with all the
timing and rhythm of a man many times younger, and through it all he
kept a smile on his face and in his voice. The best part about going
to see this tour was knowing that after sitting in the dark for three
and half hours, there was not a single minute wasted. Every
moment spent in that dark theater felt like magic being seen and heard first hand.
AdaCohen

Post by AdaCohen »

Excuse me - there were people in the audience when Leonard Cohen came to Weybridge, Surrey, who were in there 70s/80s - I am one of them at 78. I bought his first album Songs of Leonard Cohen in 1967. Aliza

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”