on my way to NYC

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jenrbr

on my way to NYC

Post by jenrbr »

Finally going to share what thousands of you have already experienced.
Heading to NYC tomorrow morning to attend Friday night's "Evening with Leonard Cohen" concert!
I am getting very excited about this. My first LC concert !
To all of you wonderful members in this forum - just wanted to say thank you for keeping me apprised.
kol tov ~ Jenny
Misty Marie

Re: on my way to NYC

Post by Misty Marie »

Enjoy, Jenny! I've only been to one (so far), but how grateful I am for that one evening with Leonard (and a few of his closest friends :lol: ). Let us know what you thought!

Misty
“When legend Cohen takes to the stage, it’s no less than a cultural event of Biblical dimensions.” – The Independent
Phoenix 2009; San Jose 2009; Las Vegas 2010
susanne30072009

Post by susanne30072009 »

Enjoy the Performance. Yuo will soon see a Concert, that you sure never will forget. It is quite an experience. Wished, we could be there too. But let us know all details, ok? If it's possible: make some good videos and share it with us! Have Fun! Susanne
Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Jenny, I was at the Oct 23 performance in NYC--four encores!!! Four.

He is the man.

Madeleine
jenrbr

Post by jenrbr »

susanne, madeleine, misty

WOW!!
Absolutely exquisite!

I was soaring. ( Oh, yeah, that was me dancing to the tune of 'First we take Manhattan' in section 6 row c seat number 1)

During intermission spoke to a security officer sitting in my aisle and asked him if was able to give me a rough estimate how many people were attending. Without blinking an eye he said its topping 25,000.
What an evening.
Even at the entrance of the box office there was this tangible electricity flowing in the air.
They were piping Leonard Cohen's ballads thru the sound system. People were singing, humming, sharing their memories.
It was magic.
Yes, 4 encores.
Each one more thunderous than the last.

THANK YOU THANK YOU LEONARD COHEN.
Thank you Sharon Robinson! Thank you Webb sisters! Thank you the entire band!!!
Forgive me if I left anyone out - as Iam overwhelmed with gratitude for such a display of humility, brilliance and musical genius.

PS Picture will be downloaded as soon as I return home.

Only way for me to sum it up : it was a night in Leonard Cohen heaven.
Jenny
Misty Marie

Post by Misty Marie »

Thanks, Jenny, for checking back in and giving us your reaction to your first Leonard Cohen concert. Sounds a lot like my reaction when I first saw him back in April. It's simply three hours that changes your life. Glad you loved it. :)
“When legend Cohen takes to the stage, it’s no less than a cultural event of Biblical dimensions.” – The Independent
Phoenix 2009; San Jose 2009; Las Vegas 2010

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”