Will Call tickets question

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
sue7

Will Call tickets question

Post by sue7 »

In this morning's article in Tampa Bay Online, was this alarming statement:

"The show, originally scheduled for the St. Pete Times Forum, began while several long lines of patrons still were waiting to get their tickets at Will Call windows."

Jarkko, do you have any idea if this was because of a change in venue? And do you have any idea at what time the Will Call tickets for Madison Square Garden on Oct. 23 will be distributed?
Thanks so much, as always,
Sue
headless_hornman

Re: Will Call tickets question

Post by headless_hornman »

I can only speak to my experience last night in Tampa--I'm sure the change in venue had something to do with it.

I bought a pair of tickets in early August during the first hour of pre-sale. The pre-sale tickets required Will-Call pickup. There were two venue changes: a re-configuring of the Forum, then the switch to TBPAC. Each time I received e-mail notification of new seat assignments that said if they did not hear from me they would mail the tickets. On Friday I had not received the tix; when accessing the purchase on my account on TM's website I got an error. I called to verify my tix would be at WC. After a 20 minute wait to get a rep on the phone I was told they had been printed on the 13th and mailed to me. She told me to call back the next day if I still didn't have them. I did not want to spend another half-hour on the phone so I had her complete the lost-ticket voucher. She said my mailed tickets were 'canceled' and I would have a new pair at WC; ID and credit card required for pickup.

I was across town at 6pm last night and got a call that my tickets had arrived in the mail (day of show!). Since I assumed they were scanning tickets at the door and that these were 'canceled' I saw no point in wasting 45 minutes getting them.

I did expect that others were having similar ticket issues and that WC would be a zoo, so I arrived at 7:15 for the 8pm show. It was a zoo--got in a long line for the 3 windows; they opened up 3 or 4 more windows and I was quickly in a short line. A short line that never moved due to two different people with ticket issues. Finally after about a 30 minute wait I got to the window and received my new tickets within seconds.

They were not scanning tickets at the door, so I could have used the 'canceled' ones.
nychas

Post by nychas »

I will be attending the MSG show in NYC as well. Based on my experience at Radio City last time Mr. Cohen was in town, I was wondering if we don't need to differentiate between "will call" and "LC presale"? At Radio City these were 2 entirely separate operations and once "will call" realized this and sent me to the "LC presale" operations things could not have been easier.

Since I will be 1 in a party of 4 knowing when and where I can get my "LC presale" tickets on Friday would be great.
sue7

Post by sue7 »

Thanks, headless_hornman: it does sound pretty horrible, but I'm pleased you got your tickets okay.
And thanks, too, nychas. I also had presale tickets for Radio City. I went ridiculously early to pick them up and it was very smooth. I guess I was also thinking that the Garden is so much larger. The idea that there were still lines when the concert started had me a little rattled. Maybe I'll call them ahead of time, just to put my mind at rest. I know there'll be many of us doing the same thing on Friday. So close now...
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I asked AEG about the opening times for Will Call pick up at various venues, and they will compile us a list on Wednesday.

Some members have emailed me that MSG box office is already now giving out our Will Call tickets at their box office
(this is against the instructions)

For Philadelphia (and for those who have not yet changed their tickets earlier at Live Nation offices):
People can start picking up their tickets at noon on the day of the show at the Tower Theatre-fan club or regular.
Please stress to people to arrive as early as possible to exchange their tickets to avoid long lines
We will still open doors early for fan club early entry.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Misty Marie

Post by Misty Marie »

I asked AEG about the opening times for Will Call pick up at various venues, and they will compile us a list on Wednesday.

Some members have emailed me that MSG box office is already now giving out our Will Call tickets at their box office
(this is against the instructions)
Thanks for the help. Here's what I found on HP Pavilion's website:
Ticket Office: The HP Pavilion at San Jose Ticket Office schedule can be found at Ticket Office Hours. There are no service charges for tickets purchased at the HP Pavilion at San Jose Ticket Office. Will call tickets may be picked up at the South Ticket Office on Autumn Street no earlier than two hours before the scheduled start time of the event. A government issued, photo ID is required for identification. Will call tickets cannot be picked up at the North Ticket Office near the main parking lot.

So it looks like 6 p.m. unless we get different news. :)

Misty
“When legend Cohen takes to the stage, it’s no less than a cultural event of Biblical dimensions.” – The Independent
Phoenix 2009; San Jose 2009; Las Vegas 2010
sue7

Post by sue7 »

Thank you, Jarkko. I'll check back later.
Sue
nychas

Post by nychas »

Many Thanks Jarkko! It really is terrific to have someone paying attention.

It would be lovely to pick up the Fanclub presale at least a few hours, if not a day, ahead so that one can pick up and then go to dinner without having the constant worry about picking up the tickets there at the table too. I imagine this would make things easier for the venue as well.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

BOX OFFICE OPEN TIME ON SHOW DAY
for Will Call ticket pick up:

Philadelphia, PA The Tower Theater Noon
New York City, NY Madison Square Garden 9:00 AM
Cleveland, OH Allen Theatre 11:00 AM
Columbus, OH Palace Theatre Theater BO - 6pm, main office 9 - 5
Chicago, IL Rosemont Theatre 11 AM
Asheville, NC Thomas Wolfe Auditorium 1:00 PM
Durham, NC Durham Performing Arts Center 10:00 AM
Nashville, TN Tennessee PAC Andrew Jackson Hall Main BO - 10am, Lobby BO - 6:30pm
St. Louis, MO Fox Theatre 10:00 AM
Kansas City, MO The Midland by AMC 10:00 AM
Las Vegas, NV The Colosseum® at Caesars Palace® 10:00 AM
San Jose, CA HP Pavilion at San Jose 6:00 PM
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
nychas

Post by nychas »

As my nephew would say "sweet"! Thanks Jarkko!

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”