PHILLY SHOW MOVED TO TOWER THEATER

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
chameli74

Re: Philly show 10/22/09

Post by chameli74 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:14 pm

I purchased the tickets through Premium Services, which is a service for seatholders (Club Box, Suites, etc.) at Wachovia/Comcast facilities. My employers have a Club Box for the Flyers so when the pre-sale notice came out, I jumped on it :)

Here's what the e-mail said:

Please be advised that Leonard Cohen, scheduled for October 22 will not take place at the Spectrum. This show has been moved to another venue. As soon as I know where the show has moved I will inform you. We will refund your money back to your credit card. Sorry for the inconvenience.

So we shall see... On a side note, the Tower Theatre is a really neat venue. I saw Faith No More & Morrissey there in the mid-90s and was not disappointed in the view or sound.

-e-
rmura wrote:
chameli74 wrote:I just received an e-mail from the folks at the Wacovia Spectrum saying that the show scheduled for next Thursday, October 22nd has been moved to another venue.
chameli74, what was the method you used to purchase your tickets? I didn't get an e-mail from them. I bought mine through the link Jarkko posted (not during the pre-sale).

Did they give you an option of having your tickets transferred to the new venue, or are they simply going to issue a refund?

Thanks for any information.

Ron
sturgess66

Re: Philly show 10/22/09

Post by sturgess66 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:03 pm

goldstei wrote:is this stuff about the Tower Theater official now? are we talking about the Tower Theater in Upper Darby, five miles outside of Philadelphia? If not, which one? If so, is there easy public transport (i.e. subway) to there?
goldstei - I put information above about taking the subway from Center City Philly to the Tower Theater. But - you can also take a bus from Center City.

If you take the "21" but on Walnut Street (Walnut is a one-way street in the heart of Center City - running west) - you get off at the very last stop which is 69th Street Terminal. The Tower Theater is one block from there. I was on the "21" bus earlier today and asked the driver. He said that at around 6:00 p.m., buses run about every 12 minutes along Walnut. So that is another easy way to get there. Caution - there are about 4-5 different buses that run on Walnut Street in Center City - with different destinations. It is the "21" bus that you would want - destination 61st & Walnut and 69th Street Terminal. Just take it to the very last stop (69th Street Terminal).
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Philadelphia -- October 22

Post by jarkko » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:19 am

According to email received last night, the two venues are now sorting out ticketing details. They expect to have more information Thursday afternoon (Pacific time).
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
DJNN

Post by DJNN » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:29 pm

I got word today he will be playing the Tower Theater, but my question is how are they going to convert the ticketing, in other works if you had section X, Row X, Seat X before, what will you have now, and how will you find out what seat you are going to have
rmura

Post by rmura » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:51 pm

DJNN wrote:I got word today he will be playing the Tower Theater, but my question is how are they going to convert the ticketing, in other works if you had section X, Row X, Seat X before, what will you have now, and how will you find out what seat you are going to have
That's a critical question for me too. Also, what recourse do I have if I show up at the Tower with my printed, e-mailed tickets from the Spectrum and they say they have no record of my purchase? It sure would be nice if we had some written confirmation that our tickets had been transferred and what the new locations were.
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:57 pm

Hello All, I am new to the forum and LC. I recently discovered LC, I liked the song Everbody Knows for years and heard Tower of Song on the radio and decided to learn a bit more. So, I downloaded the Live In London CDs and I was hooked, so much so I contemplated how I could get to spain to see him as I thought the North American tour was over. Luckily for me LC is doing the fall tour and making a stop in Philly where I am currently stationed (USCG) so i didnt have to go to far to see him. I too am very interested to see how the seating situation will turn out for the venue switch as well. However, I saw Neil Young at the Tower last year and it was great. Parking is cheaper and its a smaller venue. I am looking forward to my first LC concert, 1 week from today!
MaryB

Post by MaryB » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:29 am

Airwolf,

Welcome to the forum. I'm so glad you will be going to a concert. You think 'Live' was great? Wait til you see him in person - takes it to a whole different level!

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
MarieM

Post by MarieM » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:05 am

OFFICIAL NEWS RELEASE -- LEONARD COHEN’S OCTOBER 22ND CONCERT HAS BEEN MOVED

FROM THE WACHOVIA SPECTRUM TO TOWER THEATER

Philadelphia, PA – October 15, 2009 – Leonard Cohen’s October 22nd concert has been moved from the originally scheduled Wachovia Spectrum to the more intimate Tower Theater. Tower Theater offers fans a special opportunity to get up close and experience Leonard Cohen in a more personal setting, while enjoying the emotive and superbly crafted concert engagement that the acclaimed singer/songwriter/poet has been performing in venues of all sizes worldwide this year.

All tickets will be honored with a comparable seat. Fans simply need to bring their Wachovia Spectrum tickets to the Tower Theater on October 22nd and their seats will be honored.

If fans wish to exchange their tickets in advance, they may do so beginning this Saturday, October 17th, at 10am at the LIVE NATION BOX OFFICE, 111 Presidential Blvd, Bala Cynwyd, Pa 19004. The LIVE NATION BOX OFFICE will also be open from 10am to 6pm Monday through Wednesday. The TOWER THEATER BOX OFFICE will open at Noon on Thursday, October 22nd.

Refunds are available at point of purchase. Fans wishing to refund their tickets need to do so by 10am on Tuesday, October 20th. The ComcastTix phone number is 1-800-298-4200.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
sturgess66

Re: PHILLY SHOW MOVED TO TOWER THEATER

Post by sturgess66 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:42 am

From Philly.com - The Insider
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/the- ... Tower.html

Thursday, October 15, 2009
Leonard Cohen show moved to the Tower
Singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen’s show next Thursday (10/22) has been moved from the Spectrum to the considerably smaller Tower Theater.

As promoter Live Nation spins it: "Tower Theater offers fans a special opportunity to get up close and experience Leonard Cohen in a more personal setting, while enjoying the emotive and superbly crafted concert engagement that the acclaimed singer/songwriter/poet has been performing in venues of all sizes worldwide this year."

Tickets will be honored with a comparable seat.

Fans need to bring their Spectrum tickets to the Tower, in Upper Darby.

If fans wish to exchange tickets in advance, they may do so beginning this Saturday (10/17) at 10 a.m. at Live Nation's box office at 111 Presidential Blvd. in Bala Cynwyd. The box office will also be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Wednesday, and will open at noon next Thursday.

Posted by Michael Klein @ 8:18 PM
goldstei

Post by goldstei » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:41 am

Presumably this means if people bring the "stuff" they would have presented to get "will call" tickets at the Spectrum the same stuff will be honored at the Tower, and that no one has to have any interactions whatever with Ticketmaster before showing up at the Tower, yes??? The press release refers to people bringing their "tickets," but my understanding is that no one actually has physical tickets yet (or at least I sure don't).
Bromo

Post by Bromo » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:27 pm

goldstei wrote:Presumably this means if people bring the "stuff" they would have presented to get "will call" tickets at the Spectrum the same stuff will be honored at the Tower, and that no one has to have any interactions whatever with Ticketmaster before showing up at the Tower, yes??? The press release refers to people bringing their "tickets," but my understanding is that no one actually has physical tickets yet (or at least I sure don't).

Thank you, I was just logging on to ask the same thing. All I have is my will call print out that I was to bring to the Spectrum on Thursday. I can't make it to the Tower Theater until the day of the show so I can't go and exchange my ticket. I hope that they have a comparable ticket on hold for me since I won't be exchanging them until the last minute.

Thomas
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:19 pm

goldstei wrote:Presumably this means if people bring the "stuff" they would have presented to get "will call" tickets at the Spectrum the same stuff will be honored at the Tower, and that no one has to have any interactions whatever with Ticketmaster before showing up at the Tower, yes??? The press release refers to people bringing their "tickets," but my understanding is that no one actually has physical tickets yet (or at least I sure don't).
goldstei - I'm sure our "stuff" is good enough. An imperfect offering - it's all we got but it has all the info - it is a receipt with seat #'s, etc. - and I'm sure it will serve. :lol: :lol: That's what I think.

The press release would be for the general public too who would have bought tickets from the Spectrum - so they would have real tickets. Even so, some of them may have opted for the "will call" and will have only a computer printout or email confirmation.
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:48 pm

MaryB wrote:Airwolf,

Welcome to the forum. I'm so glad you will be going to a concert. You think 'Live' was great? Wait til you see him in person - takes it to a whole different level!

Best regards,
Mary
Thanks,

"Live" is great but I am sure it will not compare to actually seeing him and the band in person. So excited this got moved to the Tower, I am expecting a very intimate and moving expierence.

Also, If I could just comment on the quality of this forum for a second. I am amazed everytime I log on to see the amount of information and dedication by the moderators and members. From my scare when I heard he collapsed (yikes, glad to read he was doing well) to this concert move, and information on LC. I have never been let down. Thank you all.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 pm

AEG emailed me some moments ago:
[the new tickets will be issued] "By price level, close as possible to their Spectrum location. Sooner they exchange the better."
For members who have will call tickets:
If fans wish to exchange their tickets in advance, they may do so beginning this Saturday, October 17th, at 10am at the LIVE NATION BOX OFFICE, 111 Presidential Blvd, Bala Cynwyd, Pa 19004. The LIVE NATION BOX OFFICE will also be open from 10am to 6pm Monday through Wednesday.
they will be pulled at our office.
When the customer comes into exchange they show ID, we will have
their ticket order in front of us to exchange.
And one more from the tour management;
Yes – the fan club will be able to pick up their tickets early from the Live Nation offices starting on Saturday. Please tell your members to make sure they bring ID and if possible, the receipt for their order in case of any issues. We will only have the name of the customer who purchased the tickets, so whoever purchased the tickets will have to pick them up.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
goldstei

Post by goldstei » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:00 pm

thanks for the follow-up clarifications. the only remaining confusion in my mind is that i assume that our new tickets are based on our old tickets and that when AEG says the sooner we exchange the "better" this does not mean that the quality of the tickets is going to change based on when we exchange, but simply that they don't won't to get overwhelmed by a last-minute rush. some of us are coming to philadelphia from elsewhere and we can't get there any sooner than our travel arrangements allow.

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”