Chances of getting a single ticket at venue before show

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
m_p_v_13

Chances of getting a single ticket at venue before show

Post by m_p_v_13 »

Hi fellow Leonard lovers,

I've never been to a Leonard Cohen concert.

The seats available for the lowest fan club price levels ($80, $50 + s/c) for Ft. Lauderdale 8/17 weren't that good (halfway back on floor or lower bowl) so I am considering seeing if I can get lucky buying an extra ticket from someone before the show.

This strategy has worked for me in the past, including Dylan shows, but a Cohen concert is much more rare and perhaps the fans less likely to arrive with an unused ticket or more demand at the venue. I've gotten tickets before from 1/2 price up to face value (including s/c) (for a good seat).

Anyway, anyone have a read on this based on the current tour?

Thanks,

Michael
brightnow

Re: Chances of getting a single ticket at venue before show

Post by brightnow »

Michael,

It might work. I know of at least one member on this forum that went to a show with an unused ticket that she couldn't sell. The question is: Are you willing to risk it? This is the last leg of the tour, you might not get another opportunity, ever. If you decide to go ahead and risk it, you should probably try to contact some of the sellers in the forum a day before the show, they might be willing to negotiate (or make you a "standby" offer: If I don't have another buyer 3 hours prior to the show I will meet you there and sell for a discount). Good luck!

Avi
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
CohenFan08

Post by CohenFan08 »

There will definitely be single tix available on the street.

Just bring a seating chart with you.
parasian

Post by parasian »

I did that in Paris Bercy. It worked just fine. I knew the concert wasn't sold out so I was reasonably sure I could find a ticket, at least with the scalpers, if I waited till the last minute before the beginning of the show. Didn't have to though, because a family had a unused ticket to sell, and offered me half price for it.
I must say I already saw LC twice at that time so I was willing to take the chance to miss him this time around. Just couldn't afford one more full price ticket.
Good luck to you.

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”